194 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:10 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:12 PM

I love this game.
Takes forever to pass Boot Camp, but once you do, the fun starts!

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#3 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:53 AM

I really don't think this is the proper place to discuss personal political moralism. As had been said, it's a game. If you'd like to talk about the gameplay or the game's actual story, wonderful. If you'd rather discuss your political views and moral stance, open a topic somewhere more appropriate.

(This is not a suggestion.)

-----

Edit:

Since a few members took it upon themselves to continue the off-topic discussion after this post of mine, I have split this topic.

http://www.reloaded....?showtopic=1662

Take your political/moral objections there. This topic is about the game, not you. Last warning.

Edited by taikara, 23 June 2006 - 03:26 AM.

..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#4 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:56 AM

I used to play this untill I had to redo the sneaking part of the Special Forces mission. Damn that one is hard. And I could never how to figure out how to use my custom rifles. But I've given up on this. It's a good game, I like the port to Xbox as well. Also, this game is nearly a gigabyte. Pretty big... Also it has not ultra high, but the requirements are up there.
IPB Image

#5 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:50 AM

I've downloaded this game and must try it some day as soon as I've got time. I don't quite like most FPSs but I like for instance Operation Flashpoint because it's realistic, not about soaking loads of lead and wasting zombies who can soak even more. I expect this game to be the kind of FPS I could enjoy, let's see.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#6 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:50 AM

I never got my settings working. In the boot camp, in the firing range, I couldn't see the farthest targets. I tried and I tried, but couldn't get it working. It's a shame, because I've tried this at my friend's computer and it seems to be pretty damn good. But it's hard to really say, as I haven't finished even the boot camp.
...70 years... LOL

#7 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:23 AM

Meh I never had patience to play this game on any servers because I don't know the maps I can't train them anywhere but on the servers, but there I often get killed in the start and I have to wait for like 5 minutes until the next round starts so meh...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#8 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:43 PM

The next update looks great! It features vehicles and bots, and the highlight is for a special forces team of humans to fight 40 or 50 bots. Still I'm almost certain they'll figure out how to exploit the vehicles and ruin it for everyone.
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#9 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

Bots?
It might be worth trying it with bots...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

*Deeply considering trying again to get it working...* Bots, if well enough done, might be great add to practice before going online!
...70 years... LOL

#11 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:57 PM

Haha, I hope it doesn't turn out like Battlefield 2 where people jump into jets then send it plummeting towards tanks while they jump out and parachute to safety.
They gotta make it a little bit more realistic :).

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#12 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:35 PM

Well AA is known for realism, I don't think you can drive tanks in the game, especially planes(although I think there are missions where you jump out with a parachute)...

#13 Minicow1

Minicow1

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:48 PM

View PostTulac, on Jun 23 2006, 07:23 AM, said:

Meh I never had patience to play this game on any servers because I don't know the maps I can't train them anywhere but on the servers, but there I often get killed in the start and I have to wait for like 5 minutes until the next round starts so meh...

You can run the maps offline. I haven't done it in a while so I forget exactly how to do it. I think you just open the consol and type "map mapname" or something like that, you could probably find out how to do it on the AA forum.

#14 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:52 AM

Woot! First review. Nice surprise after my trip to my summer cottage. It feels strange trying to type now. And good thing no one has complained about the suckiness of the review. In my oppinion, the review was bad.

Edit: One thing about the age rating, I really wouldn't say it's 15+, I'd really go with the T for teen(13+) as the official site say.

#15 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

View PostMinicow1, on Jun 25 2006, 08:48 PM, said:

You can run the maps offline. I haven't done it in a while so I forget exactly how to do it. I think you just open the consol and type "map mapname" or something like that, you could probably find out how to do it on the AA forum.
Still makes little sence to play the map all alone, that's just boring and it's still discouraging for many players, but bots may change things...

Reply to this topic