27 replies to this topic

#16 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

This sounds cool but I'd like to see screenshots or documentation before I download.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#17 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:19 PM

It's just the normal DOOM in 3D. Weapons, pickups, monsters, objects, everything. Well I mean the textures and skins are all improved and everything. This only comes with the shareware version of DOOM, so as far as I'm concerned it's legal. Not that it would matter to me because I own all the DOOM games...

Edit: Here's a quick screen shot. This was in Ultimate DOOM, episode 2, level 3. I think it was level 3, just one of those secret rooms that are guarded by baddies. In this case a "pinky" and a few flaming souls.

Attached Files

IPB Image

#18 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

So how's progress on this and DOOM 64?

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Games I've gotten on the site:
Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#19 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

if you ask one more time im going to review it and give it the worst possible rating i swear ^^
this is volunteer work. if you want your review up soon then do it yourself

you seem to really really like it so it would probably be better if you did do it because the reviewer might not rate it like you want it to be rated... like i said if i start pulling my hair out i WILL review it and you dont want me to :)

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#20 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Fine, I'll shut up.
Just PM me when it's ready to be posted, all right?

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#21 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

dont take my post to serious :) just joking around

its just that there are ALOT of games on the to-do list and this one doesnt have some special place on that list or anything. basicaly its like this:

1. Either you write the review yourself
2. You wait for someone to write it. And they are only going to do that if they feel like it and even then it takes time because they have to play it + review it + take screenshots. and people here tend to take thier reviews quite serious

(edit: of course if you did this game then it wouldnt make much sense to review it yourself ;))

dont let that scare you away from requesting stuff though. ive requested like 40 games and only 4 or so have been reviewed.... most by myself. its still good if the people here know what could be reviewed

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#22 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:37 PM

Daka is correct - at least after his edit, as I'm not sure who's game this is. Basic principle is that someone else other than the person who made the game reviews it. Also I do hope that you understand that some members of our forum may get little annoyed if you repetitively keep posting in this, or any other thread, asking when it is going to go up. So, to ensure the pleasant environment, I ask you to hold your breath and patiently wait. It will eventually - if someone reviews it - be up. Thank you.

Edit: Totally off-topic, but it seems this was my 3000th post... *stunned*
...70 years... LOL

#23 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:59 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Mar 5 2007, 08:37 PM, said:

Daka is correct - at least after his edit, as I'm not sure who's game this is. Basic principle is that someone else other than the person who made the game reviews it. Also I do hope that you understand that some members of our forum may get little annoyed if you repetitively keep posting in this, or any other thread, asking when it is going to go up. So, to ensure the pleasant environment, I ask you to hold your breath and patiently wait. It will eventually - if someone reviews it - be up. Thank you.

Edit: Totally off-topic, but it seems this was my 3000th post... *stunned*
You're such a no-life. :)

The trick is to be patient, and even if it is reviewed it will take time for it to come on because it will need to be prepped for the site(my Nexuiz review took like two or three months to come on :P).

#24 SpiDoL

SpiDoL

Member Munchkin

• Producers
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

Bad news. DeathDude sent me a PM, he and the staff confirmed that MK MUGEN, DOOM 64, and the Super Pack will not be put on the main site because they fear of being sued by id and Midway. I understand about Midway, but DOOM 64 and the Super Pack were made under a free license agreement by id themselves. They were made with the same source code that id released for free ten years ago. So I don't see why those two can't be accepted.

Posted Image
LIFE IN A NUTSHELL

Marvel Super Heroes
Sonic Robo Blast 2

#25 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:06 PM

Uh how about no? I never said fear of getting sued, please don't put words in my mouth, I said its a legality issue between the licenses. First of all the Doom license refers moreso to mods I'm pretty sure, not to games that resemble the original, that are very close, the other issue also relates to the compiling, have you gotten the authors permission to do this? You need to do that, before you start using someones else's works, and know thats the case with the MUGEN stuff, otherwise bam another issue. and anyways thats just the jest of it, its the final call for this case.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#26 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:15 AM

That's too bad. Personally I recommend this if you do own any of the DOOM games. That way it would be legal. Unfortunately that doesn't really fall into the category of what is put on Abandonia Reloaded. Oh well, can't win 'em all.
IPB Image

#27 Hsien-Ko

Hsien-Ko

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, this is heavily breaking Doom's EULA and Todd Hollenshead would freak out if he saw this. You are essentially taking their intellectual property and making a 'free game' out of it, especially since the shareware version's EULA does not condone any addons to be made for it.

#28 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:46 AM

Ok, I think this issue is over by now. Continuing further would be pointless, so I'll close this thread.

Btw, welcome aboard Hsien-Ko! :)
...70 years... LOL