36 replies to this topic

#31 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:52 AM

One addition to off-topic: it's not only the hormones and chemicals, but we also eat a lot more - and therefor weigh a lot more - than people did thousands of years ago.

Except for vasectomies and government paying I agree with Tai. And nicely put: people cheat, not only men.
...70 years... LOL

#32 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:04 PM

I wish for a paradigm shift as well, but one of a different sort (and one that is far less likely to come about, I realize).  I wish that society would stop portraying sex as the ultimate goal of life and the right of everyone over 12 years of age.  I wish sex would be respected rather than used as a tool to sell everything from motorcycles to music to hair-care products.  I wish people would be told that sex can be very dangerous if treated too lightly.  Bascially, I wish people could be convinced that they don't have to have sex.  This would involve undoing generations of societal brainwashing, though, and that's why it's not likely to happen.

While I've had a vasectomy myself (refer to Abandonia Blah, Blah, Blah for more on that), I agree with Juni that making them mandatory would greatly increase the prevalence of sexually-transmitted diseases.  You'd be encouraging unprotected sex by removing one of its major consequences.  Regular checkups are a good idea in any case, but how are you going to force men to go to them, and how are you going to force those whose tests come back positive to stop having sex?
Today is a good day for pie.

#33 Sebatianos

Sebatianos

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:24 PM

Puffin, on Sep 25 2005, 08:55 PM, said:

@Seb:
If my mother would get pregnant today, she would have an abortion. Not because she doesn't want a baby, but because both she and the baby would get REALLY sick and probably die. Like almost happened to my baby sister when she was born. Think women should pay for abortions in circumstances like this?
Sorry for a late reply...
That case would be medical. Like skin transplantation after the accident.
Like I said in the other discusion - it should be dealt with on case-to-case basis.

The reasons are the ones that should count (in my opinion). Hard to do, but could be possible.

#34 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:11 PM

Pretty much not much else to add since I agree primarily with what Tai put down, as well I wouldn't want to see vasectomy mandatory, but be expressed as indeed something good for men to get, and if necessary provide an incentive, like a tax break or something like that, let it be encouraged, don't force people, because otherwise it'll just create more problems between gov rights in people's lives and how far they can go.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#35 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

View PostTom Henrik, on Sep 26 2005, 12:50 PM, said:

Just a small comment to Juni.

The reason I think offering boys vasectomies as a form of ritual into adulthood is not because I don't have to wear a condom. I am still a virgin...

ROFLMFAOLOzLZ!!!!1!11!@2!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#36 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:05 PM

LOL

OMG DAKA!

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#37 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:13 PM

This thread is 2 years old.  There was no reason to dig it back up again.

Closed for spam.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image