13 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:17 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 Exile

Exile

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

just another adventure game to me  :bleh:
Open the door! are u exiling me or something?

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:23 AM

View PostExile, on Aug 23 2006, 09:27 AM, said:

Well, yes, but it's not like you're forced to play it, right? Of the past twenty updates, fourteen were from other genres, which is a fair ratio, I think. I agree we're still a bit heavy on the adventures, but surely you can't expect us to stop updating them altogether. But of course we're always grateful for reviews, so the best way of getting more good non-adventure games on the site is to review them.:P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:07 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Aug 23 2006, 10:23 AM, said:

Well, yes, but it's not like you're forced to play it, right? Of the past twenty updates, fourteen were from other genres, which is a fair ratio, I think. I agree we're still a bit heavy on the adventures, but surely you can't expect us to stop updating them altogether. But of course we're always grateful for reviews, so the best way of getting more good non-adventure games on the site is to review them.:P
I reviewed Saboteur95, it's still not on the site :'(

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:58 PM

The game hasn't been prepped yet, so you'll just have to be patient till it can be mostly, it'll go up don't worry. :bleh: Now let's keep on topic about the game.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

I had played this game just after the English translation was out.
I liked the game much. But it ends too quickly (just at the moment where things are getting exciting).

#7 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 01:53 AM

Just finished this game, and LOVED it.  A great review for a great game!  
The story is very engrossing, and really draws you in.  And the main character is just so likeable   ;)

But the ending - oh why did it have to end there, just when things were getting interesting.   :P

I definately recommend this game.   :P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#8 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:05 AM

just another adventure game to me  :P

I have to agree, this didn't seperate itself from the crowd at all, deserves a 3 at most, I think the reviewers on this site are far too genorous on adventure games.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:04 AM

Well least for me think moreso it was a different style of telling the story and just the way things unfolded that I thought made it a different sort of game with others, it's not the adventure game to end all adventure games, but still is an above average one compared to some out there.

#10 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

Hmm, I don't really think a reviewer should need to have to justify his rating - that's what the review is for, isn't it? Reviews reflect a personal opinion, after all. DD happens to be an adventure fan, so obviously if he likes a game that doesn't necessarily mean you'll like it too if your personal opinion is that 95% of adventures suck (yes, I know no-one actually said that, it's just an example, but I'm sure some people would agree with that statement. I know that I probably would). If you disagree, there's always the public rating.:P

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#11 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:23 AM

AJ, I don't remember distinctly saying that I wanted DD to explain his review, in fact, I didn't ask him to do so at all.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:02 AM

Well you phrased it in such a way, that it sounded like you wanted to know a reason, so you got it. :P

#13 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:26 AM

Getting back to the game ...

I really liked how the intro was done.  It wasn't a typical cutscene that you saw.  Still images were used to tell the story of how he ended up at the hospital.  That was quite a novel way of doing things.   :P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:53 AM

Yeah that was indeed unique the way it was told, wasn't expecting that when first started the game, was a refreshing change to see from the typical cut scenes you see. :P

Reply to this topic