16 replies to this topic

#1 MrMr

MrMr

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:09 PM

Penumbra is a horror adventure game featuring state of the art graphics and makes heavy use of physics. Penumbra was created as a technology development project, with the aim to explore new uses of physics in games.

http://www.penumbragame.com/

#2 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:30 PM

Damn this game looks good, I'mma gonna download.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#3 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:20 PM

Reminds me of DOOM 3 but looks like that new game out on the Xbox 360, what was it called... Can't remember, but I'm downloading this now do to the fact that I love ragdoll physics and I'm sure this has it. It's also neat to throw something or kick something and watch it tumble around with other things. :)
IPB Image

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:45 PM

That looks really really sweet :)

Yo!

#5 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:29 AM

This game is incredible. The floaty bird/bat/demon thing scared me soooo bad the first time. I almost peed meself  :D . Although once I leave the office the game crashes and I can go no further. LOL I think that might be the extent of the game so far. But DAMN! This game rocks! Graphics are incredible! The motion blur only furthers this incredibleness.

Edited by RyGuy, 26 June 2006 - 03:57 AM.

IPB Image

#6 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:47 AM

View PostRyGuy, on Jun 24 2006, 05:20 PM, said:

Reminds me of DOOM 3 but looks like that new game out on the Xbox 360, what was it called... Can't remember, but I'm downloading this now do to the fact that I love ragdoll physics and I'm sure this has it. It's also neat to throw something or kick something and watch it tumble around with other things. :D

I think you're thinking of Condemned: Criminal Origins.

And yes, this game is incredible for a freeware title, it's also very entertaining, I might review it once I stop getting killed in Akalabeth. LOL

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#7 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:41 AM

Yes, that's the one I'm thinking of. And I am getting confused, you know the first room you start in, it has a vent in the ceiling, I went up there and there are a ton of vents, I didn't go in the other vents I decided to go to the second floor first. I went through the door and that's where my game ended, I'll probably try again in a little while, I had enough being scared for a little while... :D
IPB Image

#8 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

Looks pretty good, just my cup of tea.

Unfortunately, my PC has a mere 192mbs of ram. No go for me, I'm afraid :D
Me>You

#9 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:25 AM

Even with lowest resolution and no eye candy? I can honestly say that getting some more ram, even if it were for just this, it would be worth it. You can get 512MB on sale at about $40.(US dollars) But good luck with that, and of course not all the great games have great graphics. So you don't miss much, that's why I love this site.
IPB Image

#10 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

A first person adventure game with AMAZING graphics and real physics engine. Get it now.

www.frictionalgames.com

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

Think it's been mentioned in this forum before or another one like fav games, but anyways really cool game, really high requirements, might check it out at my college when I get the chance if it runs.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#12 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:44 PM

It's also on this month's PC Gamer UK coverdisc :P
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#13 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

Yeah I believe it was also on the North American edition as well last month, they ran an article about the game too.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#14 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

View PostDeathDude, on Aug 27 2006, 04:49 PM, said:

Yeah I believe it was also on the North American edition as well last month, they ran an article about the game too.
It's awsome, though the game saves too infrequently and you can't save at all..

#15 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

Merged the two topics.
And this is an excellent game, by the way :P

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

Reply to this topic