Which Is Worse?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

Poll: Which does the most harm (if any) to children? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which does the most harm (if any) to children?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#91 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:31 AM

I have to say that I don't actually believe it's the games, movies or tv. I believe it's negligence of parents responsibility to grow stable children with modern (western) sense of morale. If children are mistreated, unnoticed and unguided, they will end up doing something wrong. When so, the games and movies are at best (worst actually...) only source of ideas.
...70 years... LOL

#92 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:34 AM

Definitely children need guidance especially when they are young, and yet we see the parents groups that go out there and accuse video games of doing all the harm, it used to be comics, rock and roll, movies and now it's video games. Not to say though that some developers have really been testing the market with how far they can push their content through, still falls on the parents to monitor what their kids are playing, rather than take the easy way out and blame games.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#93 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

"Violence is safe" that's a big oxymoron.
:ok:

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#94 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:53 PM

Blood-Pigggy, on Feb 16 2006, 10:24 PM, said:

"Violence is safe" that's a big oxymoron.
:ok:
Muppet  :D
Me>You

#95 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:01 PM

*sigh* Why can't we just let dead threads rest in peace? This one was dead three months ago, in fact.
Locked.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks