35 replies to this topic

#1 dErmos

dErmos

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

So what do you all think about a game that half of the planet is playing ??
Heh, I have a friend that can't even go to the kitchen to make lunch because of the bloody game. . . It's like, whoever buys this dangerous game is infected and doesn't want to do anything exept play it for hours. There are some perfect examples in my school, ... a guy failing from our mother's language (sry if speled wrg). All he ever wants to talk about is that game . . . and so people avoid him more and more... It's really dangerous for some people...

#2 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:43 PM

If I had the money for it, I probably wouldn't play it because of the above reasons...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:03 PM

Half of the planet is playing it? I haven't got the faintest idea what's it's even about. The only thing I know about that game is that it makes Korean gamers starve to death in front of their computer screens on a regular basis.:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

I played a similar game, Final Fantasy XI Online, for a long time and if I have any advice it is: Avoid online RPGs at all costs :blink:

It was a great game but it takes so long to do anything in those games that entire days, weeks and even months can get eaten away. They're all the same, addicting as hell and very little pay off, avoid.

#5 Hamster of Doom

Hamster of Doom

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:48 AM

Well, I have WoW since the first day it was available, but I havenīt played it for some months. (I play Guild Wars at the moment.)
Basically WoW is a modern version of Diablo. Click on things, kill things, get new items. Collect better items to kill bigger monsters to get even better items to be able to kill even bigger monsters.  :blink:  
Itīs the same thing that made the Diablo games so addictive. Itīs very easy to learn how to play, but there are enough things that keep the game interesting. At the beginning everything is very simple. The more you play the more complicated the game becomes. Everytime you are near the point to say "Well, I think, i have seen everything at this place.", the game offers you something new to keep you interested and playing.

#6 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:17 AM

Dvoe, on Jan 26 2006, 11:06 PM, said:

I played a similar game, Final Fantasy XI Online, for a long time and if I have any advice it is: Avoid online RPGs at all costs :blink:

It was a great game but it takes so long to do anything in those games that entire days, weeks and even months can get eaten away. They're all the same, addicting as hell and very little pay off, avoid.
...you dare to ward off people from the allmighty FF11!?!!?! Especialy with Blue Mages coming!?!?
*slap slap slap slap slap*
...wish I had the money for them ><

#7 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:14 AM

Moogle, on Jan 27 2006, 02:17 AM, said:

Dvoe, on Jan 26 2006, 11:06 PM, said:

I played a similar game, Final Fantasy XI Online, for a long time and if I have any advice it is: Avoid online RPGs at all costs :P

...you dare to ward off people from the allmighty FF11!?!!?! Especialy with Blue Mages coming!?!?
*slap slap slap slap slap*
...wish I had the money for them ><
Blue mages?? You're starting to lure me back :blink:

Final Fantasy XI is one of the best games ever, just make damn sure you have lots of free time to play it. :D

Also I'm just curious moogle, did u ever finish CoP Mission 6-4?

#8 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:59 AM

:blink:, no, I got to level 20, and had to quit cause I ran out of money, thiefs take so damn long to level!!!
And yesh, blue mages = next expansion.

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:09 AM

If I had the cash and better computer I would so be playing this game or FF XI, both awesome games, and yeah time killer. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#10 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:26 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Jan 27 2006, 12:03 AM, said:

I haven't got the faintest idea what's it's even about.
Where do you live in an isolated baloon? :blink:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:36 AM

Tulac, on Jan 27 2006, 08:26 AM, said:

Where do you live in an isolated baloon? :P
Worse than that: Oxford.:blink:
Not everyone's a gamer, you know. (Apart from the fact that my tutors would skin me alive if they found I was playing one of those MMPthingies.)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#12 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:48 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Jan 27 2006, 08:36 AM, said:

Tulac, on Jan 27 2006, 08:26 AM, said:

Where do you live in an isolated baloon? :P
Worse than that: Oxford.:D
Not everyone's a gamer, you know. (Apart from the fact that my tutors would skin me alive if they found I was playing one of those MMPthingies.)
You attend Oxford  :P

I always knew you was intelligent but now I think your name will fall under the geek category. I had a woman from Oxford lecture me and a group of 15-20 other Gifted&Talented students yesterday about how brilliant a place it was.. Being G&T = r0x0rz  :D

WoW.. should be BANNED.

People devote their 'lifes' to theese games and it's just disgusting. I mean seriouslly people drop off the face of the earth when they begin to play sutff like this. Although really it's no fault of the game just the freaks that suffer from a lack of self-control.  :blink:
Me>You

#13 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:43 PM

Its addicting no question about it, these games just draw you in and at the community aspect to it, it really just has that impact, no wonder why some of these games like Everquest get the name Evercrack :blink:.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#14 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

Only reason I play this right now is because it is the BEST MMORPG out there.
Even so, I don't play it much, the usual time is an hour a day, sometimes I go for days without playing.
It really is better than anything else out there, and the community is much better than Everquest's "OMFG TEH :blink:" insanity or Guild War's "l33t" item stashing points.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#15 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

Anarchy Online is a very good MMORPG. Go try that it's free!

I've only stopped because I need somebody to take my character somwhere. With my RAM it'll take about an hour or two. Somebody else could do it in 5 minutes and earn themeselves 30k :blink:
Me>You