#61 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:23 AM

I'm assuming it's Operation Flashpoint.

People, using abbreviations without pointing the full usage of it out is rude!

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#62 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis with Resistance and Red Hammer is definitely worth the money. Remember to download the FDF-mod (stands for Finnish Defence Force), which is widely praised and certainly the one, if you could dl only one. Though it needs huge space and makes one mission impossible to play in original campaigns (can't remember which one) and in many ways stirs the balance between other missions. So play it through first, dl FDF after that! And then head to the mp-games!

Immediate edit: Oh, forgot to mention that it's far from regular shoot'em ups and requires patience, tactical eye and cooperation.
...70 years... LOL

#63 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:00 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Oct 3 2006, 11:43 AM, said:

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis with Resistance and Red Hammer is definitely worth the money. Remember to download the FDF-mod (stands for Finnish Defence Force), which is widely praised and certainly the one, if you could dl only one. Though it needs huge space and makes one mission impossible to play in original campaigns (can't remember which one) and in many ways stirs the balance between other missions. So play it through first, dl FDF after that! And then head to the mp-games!

Immediate edit: Oh, forgot to mention that it's far from regular shoot'em ups and requires patience, tactical eye and cooperation.
Yeah. I know. I'm not really into that "Go around with dual bazookas and kill everything that moves".. Except of course if it's assault trooper. I'll maybe buy it..

#64 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Oct 3 2006, 01:23 AM, said:

People, using abbreviations without pointing the full usage of it out is rude!
oh isn't that true, mister TVPYK ;)
in my defence it's the most cmmon maneing of that acronym. by far. :P
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#65 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:11 PM

OWNTIWSTABFCEA

(Oh Well, Next Time I Will Search The Acronym Base For Computer Entertainment Abbriviations )
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#66 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:32 AM

View PostPotatoe, on Oct 3 2006, 05:00 PM, said:

Yeah. I know. I'm not really into that "Go around with dual bazookas and kill everything that moves".. Except of course if it's assault trooper. I'll maybe buy it..
Excellent. Perhpas one day we'll have enough players in AR for some big match! (Which I again of course somehow miss / forget / ignore and people finally learn  to not trust into me when speaking of online gaming! ;))
...70 years... LOL

#67 Guest_Aramatheus_*

Guest_Aramatheus_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:38 AM

For me, it always feels hards to set games or any other stuff in an order depending on which one is better than the other.. But I'll just give a list of five games that I'll never forget.

1. Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsen's Odyssey
2. Dreamweb
3. Monkey Island (all of them so far, especially the ones before the 3D)
4. Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis
5. SNES Rpg's (Secret of Mana 3 - Terranigma - Chrono Trigger)

There are so many games that should be in the list.. There are so many games that have taught me alot, wondrous adventures that fill one's heart with warmth.. ;) Alas, the love for games has caused me to sometimes act foolishly conserning real life but I guess it was something else in the end, and games just prooved to be a tool.. All in all, those titles deserve to be mentioned, they are something bigger than life (if anything is).

#68 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:09 PM

Yeah a lot of the snes rpgs could have mentioned as there are just too many to list, the notables like Final Fantasy 4, 6, chrono trigger and so on, but lot of the other ones that were released only in japan that got translated by fans also deserve a place on such a list.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#69 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Sep 28 2006, 08:28 AM, said:

View PostTom Henrik, on Sep 28 2006, 01:49 AM, said:

1: UFO - Enemy Unknown
2: Syndicate
3: ADOM
4: Beneath a Steel Sky
5: Colonization
Wow... Somebody rates Colonization above all Civs? Thats rare... ;)

Just saw this, and felt the need to reply. What's so rare about that? :P
I always rate fun before ultimate boredom...

Yo!

#70 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

Colonization ruled. I'm waiting for Firaxis to get round to redoing that nearly as much as Alpha Centauri, so long as they include some AI this time. I'd definitely rate it above Civ3, but I think Civ4 is better.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#71 Sabreman

Sabreman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

I think everyone's got at least one good game of Civilization in them. I only got round to trying it this year. Bought Civ4, played it incredibly intensely over a two-week period (marathon game taken right to the space race), then lost interest in it completely and have no compulsion to return to it.

£40 well spent ;)

#72 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:32 AM

Sabreman, that may be better way to spend £40 than how I tend to spend them...

Tom, you are the first person I've been in any sort of connection who says Col was better than any of the Civs. That's why I'm so surprised. What was in your opinion boring in Civs and what was fun in Col?
...70 years... LOL

#73 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:01 AM

Let's see... the music was great, the historical immersion was better, the interaction with the Old World added a lot of depth and was nearly as funny as Civ 2's advisors, and it looked beautiful. Unfortunately there wasn't enough variation between the different countries (and the Dutch were clearly the best). It always felt like you were struggling more against the game world, natives, terrain and your king than against the other colonies until right at the end, which felt right to me. I never thought Civ was boring - I must've spent more time playing that series than any other.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#74 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

As you must be able to see, it was directed to Tom, but thanks anyways. :P I was pretty close to ask you too, but then I noticed that you actually didn't say much bad about Civs.

I agree that it was in many ways excellent game, I still have my copy on HD and I'm big fan of Col, but I still think Civs were a little better. Then again, to which one Col should be compared? If compared to Civ 1, it's far better, if to Civ 2, they're quite equal, if to Civ 3, Col loses clearly. Still the crucial point, why people rate their favorite Civ higher than Col, is that they want bigger scale and even more: resources and logistics didn't work very well in Col. If that thing would have been done better, it would had been better than Civ 2. In my opinion. And I know many who think same way. Civ 3 is too new for comparison. That's why I'm hoping for Col 2. Civs have already been abused... Stupid Civ 4. ;)
...70 years... LOL

#75 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

Civ 4 is fun. But I'm not getting the expansion, I usually don't go to war with other countries, I only played 1 game though, just lost interest for some reason... I might return to it later.

Reply to this topic