Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:14 AM

http://qntm.org/owe

I got around 5000$

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#2 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:25 AM

35.81$ = 28.03e

In past I used to dl music, but not anymore.
...70 years... LOL

#3 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:55 AM

Wow.... Appearantly my currect games collection (some 100 games) are worth close to 5000$. I never knew Alley Cat and Bouncing Babies were worth 50$ each. Amazing what you can find out :P

Yo!

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

Tom Henrik, on May 19 2006, 11:55 AM, said:

Wow.... Appearantly my currect games collection (some 100 games) are worth close to 5000$. I never knew Alley Cat and Bouncing Babies were worth 50$ each. Amazing what you can find out :P
Well, but weren't computer games actually quite expensive during the 1980s? So considering inflation and all that, it might not be that far from the truth, really...

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#5 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:28 PM

Well, if you happen to own the original floppy of Bouncing Babies and it's package, I'll admit that a collector might buy it for something like 50$ (or more), but an archive alone? Wouldn't be worth 5 cents even. :P

Yo!

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:44 PM

I think the point isn't how much it would be worth today, but how much it would have sold for if you had bought it.:P

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:21 PM

Whoa got about $2397.6 for video games, no clue on my music stash though as I don't know the hours and such it must be worth a lot must have about oh 80-90 cd's. :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:48 PM

Mine's about $100.00

I guess according to that guy, I'm a sucker who actually buys stuff.

I have downloaded maybe 5 games from AB - Enclosure (freeware), UFO: EU, and the rest were from the KQ series - which I actually did buy, and still have, so I didn't count them.

I know some will say that downloading games even if you already own them is still piracy (and legally, they'd be right), but hey, I don't have a 5 1/2 floppy with which to install them anymore. Besides, the premise of the site was whether you had paid for them.

Most of that came from music people send me. I don't actually tend to seek out mp3s very often, myself, I usually just rip them from CD's I've bought so I can listen to them on my comp.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#9 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:49 PM

I don't even want to know! I have movies, TV series, games...
And I have some 8000 mp3s. Pretty many of them I have ripped myself from original cds I own, though, so they're completely legal, I think.
I own about 150 original CDs. Some burned ones, too... 5-10 maybe.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#10 Shrek

Shrek

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:16 PM

Aristharus, on May 19 2006, 05:49 PM, said:

I don't even want to know!
Neither do I...

I want to keep my "ignorant pirate" status :P

(well, I don't have as much as Aristharus, but I do have half a dozen movies, a few music albums - some of them I own the original - and a ton of games... ops, I hope nobody from the "right side of the law" reads this :P )

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

Just after I discovered AB, I downloaded the Space Quest series (that's something I completely missed out on back in the days; all the games I owned were LucasArts games) and perhaps ten or twelve other games - which is actually quite a lot if you think about it. But now I'll only download something if it's something like Laser Light - a shareware game which I always wanted and meant to register, but to be quite honest, I was put off by the shipping cost which would have been more than the cost for the actual game...:P
On the whole, I think I'm happier with freeware, though, simply because I feel better knowing that what I'm doing is legal.

By the way, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how exactly would anyone pirate TV series? By recording them on videotape?:P

#12 Himmler

Himmler

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:17 PM

damn i have alot of music

55759.62  :P ..it must be something i wrote wrong... :P

#13 Don Andy

Don Andy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:11 PM

Got about 7000$ but I only entered vague numbers. I have so much scattered around I only typed the stuff in I could remember. I'm pretty sure I have a lot more TV seasons than I actually entered. And number of video games....oh well I don't really have the time to count all of them.
I'm on vacation for 3 weeks from now on (26.06.2006)

#14 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:23 PM

By the way, sorry if this is a stupid question, but how exactly would anyone pirate TV series?

You can download them off the net too, and it's illegal, and most of the popular shows are available legally on DVDs...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#15 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

$35,843

:P  That's mostly from all the Abandonia games.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG