#1 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:23 AM

So let's hear them! The more diabolic, the better! I shall start:

Years ago, I think it something like five to six, we used to loan a car from one girl's dad and go cruising around a lot. We used to do that especially in summer evenings and nights and just have fun and visit places we've never been before. Or then just cruise around the capital region and have fun. I used to be driver and sometimes others were drinking beer or something, but mostly people were in quite good shape.

One thursday on holiday we were watching this one teenager horror movie which name I can't recall and four of us, all guys, began planning a nasty little trick... We planned everything carefully and made preparations, before launching it. Remember, only four of us knew anything about this. Here's the story of that single night:

I suggested going out cruising and one of us four, let's call him J, acted like he didn't care, he was tired, or something. Well, two other guys, A and Se acted like enthusiastic, as they really were for totally different reasons, and Sa, poor little girl, was willing too. Then she decided to call to her friend M and invite her too cruising. This was not what we had planned. We weren't too sure would M's nerves take it well. Plan was under consideration, mostly by me, who was playing the key role and synchronizing things. Anyways, we went out cruising.

We visited our beloved capital, Hellsinki and I, using some excuse, turned back to general home direction. Soon after that J called me and told he was in position and I was just acting like I was truly going to spend time cruising. After that I took a little odd route and headed closer to coastline, which girls were little wondering. Then we got into the dark area. After certain bridge I pulled over and claimed I had to pee. Which was a lie of course. I had no need at all. I left the parking lights on and headed to the bushes. I have to admit, that even knowing what I was doing, the surroundings were already creepy.

After I had squeezed some drops to the bushes I pretended I saw something in the bushes. In truth I didn't see a thing. I walked to the darkness and people in the car lost line of sight to me. When I came back, I was dragging person wearing jump suit, head covered in hood. I dragged him to front of the car, so nobody could see him. Then I bowed down, rose back up and that person grabbed my jacket and pulled me down. Next thing people saw in car, was raised arm and a big knife. After this I was laughing under the bumper.

Knife hit hard down (to relatively safe distance from me to the ground) and he rose up. At this moment A and Se "paniced", just like girls really did, and A sprang out of the car. Se acted like he was paralyzed from terror. A took care that the door closed after him and ran away to darkness. In the front seat M was truly paralyzed from terror and didn't even realize to lock the door! In the back seat, Sa obviously tried to fly through the roof, because she was trying to lock both doors at the same time, unfortunately unable to reach either one! Now Se couldn't take it any longer and began laughing. Neither of the girls just couldn't realize it.

Now the hooded jump suit guy, whom you must have already guessed to be J, began approaching the front door, from M's side. He laid down to the hood for a moment, keeping good care that the knife was very well visible. Then he approached the door. Then he dropped his disguise and lowered the knife and began laughing. I rose up, A came back to visible and Se was already laughing. Shortly Sa began to realize that she had been badly fooled. M was in sort of shock. I went to M's door, trying to cool her down, and opened the door. I had a black eye for several days.

As everyone can realize, we had to drop M home - who btw didn't sleep at all in couple of next nights - and Sa wasn't too eager to continue cruising for that night. J had some beers at his home and we went drinking and laughing there. Later on, when Sa's dad, who had borrowed the car to us, heard about it, he laughed like we've never seen him before, and in overall everybody thought it was the best, and most diabolic practical ever anyone has done. Well, that's what they claim.

Well, now it's your turn! Any better ones? ;)
...70 years... LOL

#2 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:26 AM

That's not funny, that's just sick.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Oct 7 2006, 11:26 AM, said:

That's not funny, that's just sick.
I'll have to agree with that, I'm afraid.;)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

Then why's everyone who took part into it laughing? ;) Admitted, it was sadistic joke, but still funny.
...70 years... LOL

#5 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:08 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Oct 7 2006, 12:45 PM, said:

Then why's everyone who took part into it laughing? :P Admitted, it was sadistic joke, but still funny.
Well, if I had been one of those girls I certainly wouldn't have found it funny, and I doubt I'd have talked to you guys again.;)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#6 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

Quoting myself:

This was not what we had planned. We weren't too sure would M's nerves take it well. Plan was under consideration, mostly by me, who was playing the key role and synchronizing things.
I wouldn't had done it if I had had any worse doubts. I actually took a small risk there. We all knew that Sa and M would both laugh, if they heard that happening to somebody else. If I hadn't known the persons and if I hadn't known they would take it as a joke, I wouldn't had ever done that.

But this was not the point of this thread, debating about was our practical joke funny or not. To us it was, you can think whatever you want. Other cases?
...70 years... LOL

#7 wood

wood

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

Most of the pranks of which I've been a part were far more sophomoric.  I'll just hit a few high spots...

Dousing people coming in the front door with ice water.  From the roof (3 stories up).  In winter.  We're talking 50 (US) gallons at a go.

Kidnapping housemates and leaving them miles from home....in Southwest Va.  This is basically the middle of nowhere.

Flipping breakers randomly on and off in the house during finals weeks.

Sneaking into the house (college owned) across the street and coating the radiators in fish bait (nasty, smelly crap that gets nastier and smellier when heated).

Watering down water with vodka (this occurred so many times that it's only worth mentioning b/c the same guy fell for it repeatedly).

Ah, foot loose and fancy free youth.  Good times....
Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid

#8 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:22 PM

Anyone doing a practical joke on my expense, is in big trouble. If there is something I hate, it is people who do crap to others either physically, mentally or both, just for laughs.

I seriously snap when that happens. Also if I see it being done to others.

Yo!

#9 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:54 PM

Not much of a practical joke, but I like sharpening my pencil and inserting it with more and more force into the back of the kid in front of me while he's answering a question as his voice gets progressively higher pitched.

It's an excersize to see when they'll finally snap.  ;)

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#10 wood

wood

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:26 AM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Oct 9 2006, 05:54 PM, said:

Not much of a practical joke, but I like sharpening my pencil and inserting it with more and more force into the back of the kid in front of me while he's answering a question as his voice gets progressively higher pitched.

It's an excersize to see when they'll finally snap.  ;)

I think perhaps some people are missing the point here....the element of physical torture is disturbing.  Then again, I was in a fraternity that didn't beat their pledges so maybe I just missed the element of corporal punishment/physical abuse that is assumed to occur in fraternal orders.  

In my experience it's more about jerking somebody's chain.  In order for it to be taken as a joke and not you being a psychopath, you should 1) know the person well enough to know what they'll take in stride and what they'll decide is assault and 2) not set out to cause bodily injury.

#11 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:40 AM

He was asking for it.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#12 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:44 AM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Oct 10 2006, 02:40 AM, said:

He was asking for it.
And how exactly do you work that one out?   ;)  

Causing pain to other people is not at all funny.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#13 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

View Postwood, on Oct 10 2006, 04:26 AM, said:

In my experience it's more about jerking somebody's chain. In order for it to be taken as a joke and not you being a psychopath, you should 1) know the person well enough to know what they'll take in stride and what they'll decide is assault and 2) not set out to cause bodily injury.
I was thinking very much the same. But there's still quite thin line you can cross unintentionally and end up to mental torture.
...70 years... LOL

#14 wood

wood

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:42 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Oct 10 2006, 10:45 AM, said:

View Postwood, on Oct 10 2006, 04:26 AM, said:

In my experience it's more about jerking somebody's chain. In order for it to be taken as a joke and not you being a psychopath, you should 1) know the person well enough to know what they'll take in stride and what they'll decide is assault and 2) not set out to cause bodily injury.
I was thinking very much the same. But there's still quite thin line you can cross unintentionally and end up to mental torture.

Agreed.  Amending my previous statement, also worth considering are pranks and practical jokes arising from rivalries.  In my case, it was the guys living across the street.  However, the same certainly holds true of rival teams, schools, companies, etc.  As you said, there's a line crossed when something is done to someone else in malice...

#15 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

Malice or unintentionally, I have to underline. Sometimes people do terrible mistakes in good purpose.
...70 years... LOL