141 replies to this topic

#46 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

It's pretty simple in the end. I'll give a hint: listen to the sounds the tumblers (or whatever) make when you push them. And of course watch them. Sometimes it stays up longer, and it makes a different sound, too. It's of course easier to lock the longer it stays up, so I just push them and listen to the sounds and click immediately after hearing the certain sound. The only way to fail is to click too late, but if you concentrate enough it shouldn't be too hard.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#47 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

Thanks a lot! You know, I honestly hadn't thought about the sound being a clue, I thought it was just ear-candy :ok:

I had noticed the different time it takes the tumblers to fall, but that probably wasn't enough.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#48 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:02 PM

I don't know if the sound's meant to be used like that, but I find it easier to notice than the movement. It's possible without using the sound, though. The tumbler rises at a different speed and you can notice it by that, too.

EDIT: Adding to the list of controversies about my character: Now, in addition to being in the Thieves guild, Dark Brotherhood, The Blades and some others, he's now both a vampire and a vampire hunter. Way to roleplay, Aristharus..
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#49 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:59 PM

I played for a couple hours last night, and you're right, I noticed that little "pchink!" sound it makes when it's in the right position :ok:
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
doodoodoo!!!

#50 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

There's a way to do it easily, I found a video that shows the timing.

Let me see if I can find it.

Here we go.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#51 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

Well, that's another way to show what I was trying to explain before. That was a bit easier to understand, I think.

#52 MasterGrazzt

MasterGrazzt

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:41 PM

As I said on the regular Abandonia forums, the biggest problem I have with the game is the horrible (and hilarious) world scaling:

farmers with glass hammers
user posted image

#53 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 04:12 AM

the stategy guide says to ignore the sounds of the tumblers
I find that an easy way to pick the locks is to lift the tumbler up a few times and develop a rythym first.

does anyone else get colorful spheres around the humanoid characters when they die? I thought that was pretty retarded

Edited by Docktor_Worm, 29 April 2006 - 02:49 PM.

IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#54 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:59 PM

Hmmmmmm.

I'm going to go out and grab Oblivion today for me 360. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game but Oblivion is simply too tasty to ignore!

I can even put myself in the game, with FaceGen(www.facegen.com) I mean it's a whole new level of cool ^_^

Playing as an "Evil" President Bush, might be fun!
Me>You

#55 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:08 PM

does anyone else get colorful spheres around the humanoid characters when they die?
^_^
The only thing I can think of that you might be reffering to is the death of Mythic Dawn people. In that case the spheres (clouds of smoke) are their summoned armor vanishing.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#56 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:45 PM

I guess that was it then
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#57 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:05 AM

YAY!!!

Finally Guildmaster for the Fighter's Guild!!

wheee!!! ^_^

You know, considering that my char isn't really a strong fighting char, a lot of those later quests were actually pretty easy :P

Weirdly, the thing that gave me the most trouble was a small pack of Will'o'Wisps.

I know some people are against this sort of thing, but I'm also going for the other Guildmaster positions - I just really don't have time to play the game over and over.

To balance out the "power playing," I created a really screwed up custom character, which I dubbed the "Enigma" class :cry: It has no strong points, really.

I've found something that annoys me. Thankfully, I've finally been getting some nice loot lately, in the form of enchanted items - but has anyone else noticed the ridiculous proportion of absolutely worthless loot items? I'm talking the stuff that has a "0" value. I get really annoyed when I pick a chest open to find an "inkwell" and "parchment" or some equivalent.
doodoodoo!!!

#58 MasterGrazzt

MasterGrazzt

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:35 AM

welcome to the game that is never hard because it scales and the guild quests are stupid
user posted image

#59 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

The guild quests are better then they were in Morrowind, please. The only reason why you really had to get certain skills there was because of the advancement requirements the guilds maintained. Certainly not because of the missions. Heh, it never really was different in TES :P

Also, it can be hard, and then it's always hard. Ramp up the difficulty slider. There's no variation in difficulty, I'll give you that, and that's a pity. :cry:

Heh, as for the Will'o'Wisps, they are terribly annoying. In my first game I created a weapon just for combating them (drain magicka enchantment). They're especially annoying the first moments after they're added to the levelled lists. ^_^

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#60 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

Luckily, I had a nice drain magicka dagger I picked up in one of the miscellaneous quests - Witsplinter or something. Very wicked little thing. Also luckily, I decided to keep it as an alternative to my main weapon. Once I decided hey, maybe I should try it, it was much easier. It also helped to drag them onto a nearby lake.
doodoodoo!!!

Reply to this topic