#1 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Feb 14 2007, 11:44 PM, said:

Right, that's it! I've had just about enough of your shenanigans. I'm off to kick up a fuss, gather some gullible idiots and register Freewhere.com. See you later, losers!

Are you calling me an idiot?
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#2 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

I think he was making a joke, but I personally apologize on behalf of the crew if you somehow took offense.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed that the majority of the time you've posted here in the last year or so are to pick a fight about some thing or another or to advertise? That's considered trolling in most places, and we've tried to be tolerant, because believe it or not, we do care.

However, if you really don't like it here, by all means, feel free to stay away. If you choose to hang out, though, please try to participate in something beyond pointing fingers at the crew or advertising. It's hard to give the benefit of the doubt otherwise.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#3 allen

allen

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

I may not be an active member on this particular forum, but I see this kind of thing all the time on others but never on this kind of scale.
This place should be called 1984: Reloaded.

#4 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:33 PM

View Posttaikara, on Feb 17 2007, 05:34 PM, said:

I think he was making a joke, but I personally apologize on behalf of the crew if you somehow took offense.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed that the majority of the time you've posted here in the last year or so are to pick a fight about some thing or another or to advertise? That's considered trolling in most places, and we've tried to be tolerant, because believe it or not, we do care.

However, if you really don't like it here, by all means, feel free to stay away. If you choose to hang out, though, please try to participate in something beyond pointing fingers at the crew or advertising. It's hard to give the benefit of the doubt otherwise.

Tai, I'm a lurker. Couple of times I've tried to participate a bit, but I'm not exactly welcomed here. But when I see people calling me a gullible idiot, I step in. I'm pretty sure anybody would.

Did I somehow take offense? Of course I did! Wouldn't you? It's not like I insulted him by asking him to come out and say straight out whatever he wanted to say. And please, if anyone has a problem with me, say it to my face.
My email is puffin.magic.dragon@gmail.com, if anyone has anything to say.

I don't like drama anymore than anyone else, but I tend to become upset when called an idiot. Just like anyone else.

And I know I'm not welcome here, you don't have to stress it even more than already has been. But there's a reason why these "gullible idiots" (including Kosta's dad, is he an idiot? Say that to Kosta!) chose to support us. I'd think you'd stop poking fun at that and seeing after all this drama it's by far the most sensible way to stop the drama for all parties. It's pretty plain it wasn't working for everyone here - apart we can have peace. AR and our site have different goals, and we're not trying to be like AR. We're trying to be our own site, and I'd appreciate it if you could just respect that. Thank you.
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#5 Guest_KonTiki_*

Guest_KonTiki_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:51 PM

As far as gullible goes, you might want to check on yourselves. I got a final warning for \"breaking the sig rules\". That breaking was putting a link to my site in my sig. I changed it to a pure text one, which had no reference whatsoever to my site and was completely within the rules, and didn\'t change it afterwards, yet a few days later (even though I didn\'t even log in during those days), I suddenly get a message for being banned after breaking the sig rules after getting a final warning, with my sig changed to a reminder of the same rule I broke before that final warning.

That message I got claimed that the admins voted for my ban unanimously (how can it be unanimously, btw, if three admins weren\'t active for two weeks up to two months?). Either you\'re all so gullible as to believe I came back to change my sig after that final warning, and believe Tom or Tai or whoever of the admins who changed my sig back to the one that broke the rules, or you guys simply banned me without my sig even being changed by your precious admins. Either way\'s just rotten, and shows no sign of respect, and shows alot of gullibility. Just piss off and leave us alone.

#6 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:57 PM

I have no idea why the antagonism between the two sites and some people who all come from the same site and used to work along well, I think though that you should all set your spirits down a bit and have a beer (milk for non alcoholics ;)), maybe two to set aside whatever differences are in a humane rational discussion without calling names and without fighting.
:)

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#7 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:28 PM

Puffin:

Beef's comment was a joke (probably in poor taste), and I realize you took it personally, but I don't believe it was directed at you personally. I don't think anyone feels that you or Kosta's dad or anyone associated with your site is an idiot.

Please don't think that you aren't welcome here. I'd personally love to have you hang out here, as I know you're a fun person with a lot to offer.

What I (and I'm pretty sure I have the support of my entire crew on this) do not appreciate is the antagonism we occasionally experience from the group you are associated with. Just to get it out in the open - no one from AR will ever start trouble on your forums, we will not lurk on your site and pop out of nowhere to criticize your crew, members, or your site's activities. We just would appreciate the same consideration, as I don't think you would be very pleased with us if we did do that.

Tiki has been banned for a reason - he has been a continual antagonist that has refused to "keep the peace" despite many warnings, and we do not believe that he is capable of participating in our community in a positive manner. This last issue was the "last straw," per se. He dislikes us to the point it is disruptive, and it is better for everyone that he stays away, since he does not seem to have anything positive to contribute, nor does he seem willing to comply with our rules.

And, it should be noted that we can't exactly "piss off" and leave someone alone if that someone is coming to our community and breaking our rules, whether they agree with them or the way we enforce them or not. I do think we'd be happy to oblige that request otherwise.

When you were warned about the advertising, Puffin, you complied, and that is all we ask. The bottom line is that anyone is welcome here, but we just want members of the community to have respect for each other (and that includes us). If you want to joke around and hang out, and just be friendly, enter contests, start topics, whatever, we'd probably seem a lot nicer. It's just a bit hard to be nice to someone if they always seem to be pointing their finger at you in accusation.

And as a personal note, I just want to say that I do miss you.

Edit: It makes me really sad my Valentines Day topic has this stuff in it :)

Edited by taikara, 17 February 2007 - 10:33 PM.

..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#8 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:22 PM

Well, some people have made it quite clear to me that I'm not exactly welcome. But hey, I'm not pointing any fingers. Lets just drop it.

But Tai, if you're sincere and you miss me, a good start would be to unblock me :) As weird as it may sound, I miss you too. I miss the old atmosphere. I hate this fkn drama. But we left for a reason, we moved on, and there shouldn't have to be problems anymore. I can't see otherwise than there are plenty of other freeware and abandonwaresites out there that co-exist peacefully, there's no way we shouldn't be able to do it as well.

But I've been "asked" to stay on mine, so I'm not really here. If you want to reply to this, please do so via msn or email. Looking forward to it ;)
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#9 Romano

Romano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:04 AM

View Posttaikara, on Feb 17 2007, 11:28 PM, said:

... the antagonism we occasionally experience from the group you are associated with.
This group is most productive group at Abandonia. It has added 68 games after formed. And people from your crew forced them to work in a shadow!

... no one from AR will ever start trouble on your forums
Is it a joke? Interference from people from Realoded (except from Frodo) made that we have now Dissidents group at Abandonia!

He (Kon-Tiki) dislikes us to the point it is disruptive...

How come? He was among most contributing members at Relodaded in the past time. Somebody from your crew should explain how anybody could changed from like to dislike without reason!

... is coming to our community and breaking our rules
Rules you mentioned are community rules. If not, there is not community, some kind of society maybe, or so  :)  So, community make rules, not your crew.

And as a personal note, I just want to say that I do miss you.
That is nice. Hope it is not hipocritically  ;)

Edited by Kosta, 18 February 2007 - 12:11 AM.

#10 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:25 AM

What's wrong with you people? This is the VALENTINE'S DAY thread, of all the places to start some big pointless thing, it had to be here? How bitter, god.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#11 Romano

Romano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:34 AM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Feb 18 2007, 01:25 AM, said:

What's wrong with you people? This is the VALENTINE'S DAY thread, of all the places to start some big pointless thing, it had to be here? How bitter, god.

I can accept that it is wrong thread, but I can not accept that it is pointless...:)

#12 Big fish

Big fish

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:44 AM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Feb 14 2007, 10:44 PM, said:

Right, that's it! I've had just about enough of your shenanigans. I'm off to kick up a fuss, gather some gullible idiots and register Freewhere.com. See you later, losers!
If you don´t have more to do with your free time, that making mess, in some different foruns, one advise grow up, don´t be a child, and don´t alk about what you don´t know ;)
Ps-sorry by this off topic, but i make me angry his kind of atiude by this children :)
I was asking you this?

#13 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:07 AM

Tai made this thread as a nice gesture, so can we please stop this bickering right now.

Tai, thankyou.  It was a lovely gift.   :)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#14 Shrek

Shrek

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:18 AM

People, people! Please chill out...

This will not lead to anywhere, except create a greater discomfort between parts.
I' m a member of the AB, of the Reload and of the Freehare forums. I try to give my best at any of them - well, maybe I don't give my best here, but you already got your team assembled.

This topic was supposed to be about valentine's day and Beef's comment was only because he was sick of seeing how people in here tend to lick the boots of this site's administrators. And he's absolutely right - it sucks.

Now about Tai's card - and I believe it was that the subject of this thread: I was expecting to see some little red hearts in there but hey, that's ok... if these space invaders were in red or pink, they could easily pass as hearts...  and that's all I got to say!

#15 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:40 AM

I actually thought what Beef said was really funny, I hope it was a joke.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG