Thatīs what I remember LOL  :D  LOL

#3 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

I still need to finish Hellsing...I was like, 4 episodes away from the end and then it went and got licensed or something and youtube removed it, been too lazy to torrent it cause I'm torrenting ouran.

#4 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:27 PM

Wow, go buy it instead.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#5 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

Uhm... yeah. It's not exactly public domain, you know. Give the makers some money, so that they can make other great animes in the future.

Personally I am (together with taikara) working on buying up the entire Full Metal Alchemist series. We have the first 8 DVDs.

Yo!

#6 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

Haha, I have the whole series, personally, it's the only anime I can be bothered to watch, that and any of the stuff the creator of Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke makes, that guy's really good.

#7 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:01 PM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Jul 3 2006, 06:27 PM, said:

Wow, go buy it instead.
Pffft.

Parents = no no.

And sides, after seeing what the US did to Naruto I hardly have any encouragement to provide them with more money to screw things up. Companies don't do anything to restrict distribution of unlicensed anime because they know it builds up a fan base in the US. I wanna read Deathnote >_>, need to dl that too.

Sides, dubing sucks hard.

Also, not so popular in the US anime is hard to find...for example, Hellsing is the only one out of the 6 on the list of the series I have watched / am watching that is available for purchase over Amazon.

End story: I'm not going to pay to watch shows that air weekly in Japan for free but not here because
A. They deal with subjects too "contreversial" (I could go more in depth on my thoughts on that but I won't)
B. There isn't enough to people to make it worth while.

#8 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

http://www.animenation.com

You can find just about any anime you want if you look beyond places such as Best Buy and other typical DVD vendors. Lucky for me, I live close enough to drive to AnimeNation.

Let's see...

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Blue Seed
Escaflowne
Wolf's Rain
Card Captor Sakura (the imported Japanese version, not that tripe they used to play on Saturday morning kiddie cartoons)
Magic Knight Rayearth
Love Hina
Magic User's Club
Sorcerer Hunters
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ceres, Celestial Legend
FLCL
Ghost in the Shell (movie and TV)
Fushigi Yuugi (Mysterious Play)
Blue Gender
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Akira
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai X
Vampire Princess Miyu
El Hazard
.hack//
Legend of Arislan
Ranma 1/2
Inu Yasha
Ninja Scroll
A! Megami-sama! (Oh! My Goddess!)
Lain
Record of Lodoss War
Vandread
Mononoke-hime (Princess Mononoke)
Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
Grave of the Fireflies
Spirited Away
Orphen
Steel Angel Kurumi
Trigun
X
Vampire Hunter D (old & new)

I'm sure I've missed some.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#9 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:53 PM

View Posttaikara, on Jul 3 2006, 09:34 PM, said:

http://www.animenation.com

You can find just about any anime you want if you look beyond places such as Best Buy and other typical DVD vendors. Lucky for me, I live close enough to drive to AnimeNation.
Meh, I'm lazy.

Mmmmmmm, yay. :D, is Champloo good? Been meaning to watch that.

Mmm, was waiting for someone to mention Evangelion or Love Hina xD

Edit: Animenation doesn't seem to have much either, not Even Fate / stay night, which is suprisingy considering the other..."series" (leave it at that...lmao) they have (came up when I searched for my series for some reason o.0)

#10 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:19 PM

Champloo is good.

AnimeNation isn't the only anime store on the net. I have a bunch of cards for vendors I've seen at anime conventions, but AN is one of the closest ones to me, and they also rent anime (and those cards are probably in a box somewhere). They do have less on their site than when I last looked, though. They also sell manga, J-Rock and J-Pop, and Japanese snackies (such as pocky and ramune soda), so I dunno, maybe they're getting more into that side of it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of the best ways to get hard-to-find anime series is via fansub distros. It's like freeware for anime - basically, they take series that haven't been released in the US yet, and volunteer their time to translate them to english and cut in the subtitles digitally. You send them a tape and shipping costs, and they send the tape back to you with the anime on it. It's non-profit, so you shouldn't have to pay anything more than it costs to buy a tape and ship it. They stop distribution of anime once they're licensed to be released in the US, though. Of course, you have to know something about the Japanese anime scene to know what to get.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#11 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:39 PM

:D Jpop ^^ got enough of that....as for pocky n stuff, thats what Coupertino is for ^^.

And heh, this sending in tapes is esentailly the same thing as downloading but with shipping costs. What, did you think I've been downloading series that have been released in the US yet? o.0

o0 Kewl, I wants I wants -_-
Want Want want!
LOL, amazon is funny
also funny o.0

#12 DeathMan001

DeathMan001

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:01 AM

Cowboy Bebop is the best anime show. Outta the movies I like Akira, Perfect Blue and Grave of the fireflies best.

#13 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:17 AM

i havnt seen many:

Neon Genesis Evangelion (btw the actor robin williams is a huge fan of this one.. strange huh? :D)

Princess Mononoke

Ghost in the Shell

oh and two different ones where women get raped by dudes with tentacles as *male genital*es/testacles (ok im now writing some rap lyrics LOL)

might have seen one or two more but cant remember

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#14 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:49 AM

:D.
Tentacle hentai.

And not really, Evangelion is one of the more popular in the US ones. Theres gonna be a live action movie btw.

Mmmm, ep.10 of Ouran / ep.5 of Rozen was good o.0

#15 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:26 AM

View PostMoogle, on Jul 3 2006, 07:01 PM, said:

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Jul 3 2006, 06:27 PM, said:

Wow, go buy it instead.
Pffft.

Parents = no no.

And sides, after seeing what the US did to Naruto I hardly have any encouragement to provide them with more money to screw things up. Companies don't do anything to restrict distribution of unlicensed anime because they know it builds up a fan base in the US. I wanna read Deathnote >_>, need to dl that too.

Sides, dubing sucks hard.

Also, not so popular in the US anime is hard to find...for example, Hellsing is the only one out of the 6 on the list of the series I have watched / am watching that is available for purchase over Amazon.

End story: I'm not going to pay to watch shows that air weekly in Japan for free but not here because
A. They deal with subjects too "contreversial" (I could go more in depth on my thoughts on that but I won't)
B. There isn't enough to people to make it worth while.

Did you know?

Most Anime DVDs come with the Japanese voice over and English subtitles! It's how I watch Full Metal Alchemist.