10 replies to this topic

#1 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

What would it be? Feel free to list more than one.
You can remake it in any fashion you like, spiffy graphics or not.
You can add / remove aspects if you like, but largely the game should be the same.
So?

I personally (being a huge fan of it) would remake Alone in the Dark and add some physics puzzles into it (just because the puzzles from the original might seem a bit dated in comparison to other modern titles).
Second choice would be American McGee's Alice as I think with the graphics now it could be superb (even more so than the original).

And I honestly can't think of a third...

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

Pacman - the MMORPG:whistle:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

exactly copied levels from the first blood, with new engine and effects :whistle:

and proper graphics, so the game wouldn't lose it's nightmarish, kinda funny charm
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#4 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

I would remake A Rockstar Ate My Hamster (an old music management game), and add some different bands into it.  Maybe add a bit where you could 'see' your band perfom.  I loved that old game.

I would also remake Return Of The Phantom, with updated graphics.  I would change the maze bit into a cutscene, watching Raoul as he wondered through the labyrinth.  

Another one I would remake is Kingdom O Magic.  Keep it exactly the same, but just make it compatible with modern machines.  I used to love that game, but could never get it to work with Win XP or Vista.   :whistle:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#5 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

I would love to see remakes of the Gold Box games, perhaps something along the lines of Temple of Elemental Evil.

Also, I'd like to see proper remakes of the Tex Murphy games, starring Chris Jones of course.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#6 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

View PostFlop, on Jul 1 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

Also, I'd like to see proper remakes of the Tex Murphy games, starring Chris Jones of course.
How could I forget this?   :whistle:
I would also love to see remakes of Tex Murphy games.   :max:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#7 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

I would similarly like to see Ultima 8 and Ultima 9 remade, specifically because they sucked.

We Ultima fans need a better send-off than two plot-hole filled anachronistic sequels squeezed out like turds by EA after they acquired ORIGIN.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#8 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

Diggers. With an interface which didn't suck - that game could have been amazing.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#9 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

Daggerfall :whistle:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#10 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

I was about to say UFO: Ennemy Unknown... But then I noticed that it was possible to change the game if we liked...

Which mean it would simply become another lame clone which can't catch the spirit of the original (like there is so many now), and it would not be worth it.
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#11 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:06 PM

I would like to see a total remake of Oblivion, one that offers a world and not just a themepark: "Want to be a knight? Want to be a hero? Come to Bethesdaland!". Seriously, turn that corpse into a living, breathing world and I'm in.
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.