a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

View PostDakaSha, on Aug 18 2007, 06:57 PM, said:

has some cool ideas though.
that was my question: what are the new/good ideas in that one?
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#32 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:58 AM

Woo! The linux version has just been released! :P

Downloading now...!

#33 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:37 AM

View Posta1s, on Aug 19 2007, 04:53 PM, said:

View PostDakaSha, on Aug 18 2007, 06:57 PM, said:

has some cool ideas though.
that was my question: what are the new/good ideas in that one?

i hardly played it but a couple things i noticed were the way u could become the head of guilds witch would show up on your highscore thingie and more complex combat.

i cant really remember much as its been awhile but it had a cool feeling to it. its just not worth it because its buggy and unbalanced as *crapola*

its also the first roguelike with an overhead map and sense of humor i think.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#34 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:44 PM

It seems like one of those games where they just LOVE to list things, in the illusion of giving you more "options" but in reality it's just an unbalanced mess.

I'm not playing this until I get a host of good opinions, it's not worth playing something that throws mountains of random crap at you, only for you to find out that the majority of the crap is totally useless or aimless to utilize.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#35 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

haha.. i totally misunderstood your post.

well i can garantee u that it isnt what u think... you might not like the complexity but if u get past the learning phase you will see its not just all random crap.. all skills can be used in a matter that affects gameplay and so on. (you could clear a dungeon using diplomacy for instance... at least when it comes to sentient creatures... alchemy can be used as a substitute for wands/scrolls... hiding in shadows and silent walking is VERY important in this game... even the monsters use it and *meep* u up. almost all skills are worth having and its very hard to decide on which one u will raise. the only ones not worth it are the few that will only be of use in the full game)

i know what u mean.. it looks like a game that has 50 000 skills 50 000 feats and 50 000 spells but when it comes down to it they are all the same thing and in the end its just gibberish.
i promise you that isnt the case. i really promise it.

prob isnt balanced though considering its in such a young stage

edit: btw nothing is random so it would be worth trying it. although im pretty sure you wont like it because your way to impatient. stick to system shock :P

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#36 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

update

Posted Image

#37 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:55 AM

quite large update

will be the last update for the next 4 months

Posted Image