#1 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:11 AM

I really wants it....
Vivi is awesome, and from what I hear KH2 is sposed to be better than the first, the new and improved Gummi Ship sounds and looks awesome.
...sigh...August can't come soon enough (B Day).
So, anybpdy got it? Anybody want it?

#2 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:28 AM

KH2 really does look nifty, but I have to say, I view the whole Kingdom Hearts 1 phenomenon as more of a curiosity than a truly satisfying gaming experience.

Maybe it's because I live in FL, and am pretty sick of all things Disney. Having Donald and Goofy as "party" characters really made me want to put out my eyes and cut off my ears. All in all, though it was interesting, it was most definitely "Disneyfied" ... i.e. - so sugar-sweet it rots your teeth right off.

And I certainly hope the Gummi ships have been improved. I can't think of a more awful game interface than Gummi shipbuilding in KH1. Although, I was pretty proud of a couple custom-designed ships Tom and I put together.

As negative as all that probably sounded, I'd still pick up the game. A curiosity is still a curiosity, morbid though it may be :huh:
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#3 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:40 AM

:huh:.
I see your point on the whole disney thing, I don't really care for Disney...or Disneyland (gasp!0 bt, the FF parts MORE than make up for it. The gummi ship, from what it looks like, is a lot more ... better.... It reminds me of one of thoose games that they have in the arcades (Raiden or w/e) where you piltot the craft around, but in 3d, and I love thoose, I haven't played KH1, but I've watched...other members of the family...r....play it, and the gummie ship in KH1 looks more of a small scale racing type thing...with no other racers.
Then again, I've always loved the hack and slash combo type games...

I have the intro and ending videos if anybody want them (links on sites...cough youtube cough) and I'l send em (the intro mainly, ending would be giving everything away [although I dunno, I certainly am not watching it until I at least get the game]) in a PM if anybody requests em, that way nobody sees "spoilers" or w/e.

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:41 AM

Well it's a square rpg so been meaning to check it out, the whole disney aspect definitely was a concern when I first saw it but thought it might be interesting, noticed with KH 2 seems the general consensus around is that it didn't live up to expectations according to some users, but still looks pretty cool

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:43 AM

???
I haven't heard that at all, from what I hear its gotten better, particularily in camera angles...

Heres a really nice KH2 Music Video Breathing - Yellow Card I don't think it gives any spoilers...

And no offense to either of you, but it is rather annoying, whenever somebody rants on about how KH is a bad game (not that you two are) they always go on and on about how its just a stupid kids game cause of all the disney stuff, when really it isn't, not that much... not saying that you guys do this, its just that half the people that say that kinda nnoy me cause it seems like they never have actually played the games, or seen any videos and such.

...must make Kh2 sig...must make Kh2 sig...

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:48 AM

Well I'm not put off by the disney characters myself, there are some questionable areas in the game (coughchickenlittleplugcough) but looks like a pretty good all around game, I know a lot of people complaining about the IGN review over on a couple of boards I visited, mostly I think with all the hype the game that square has been putting on, people's expectations weren't met with some, which is the reason why there has been a lot of hate towards KH2.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:55 AM

:huh: @ chicken little.

Chicken Little / stitch as summons = +1 disney marketing team.
lmao.

Diggin the new avy.

#8 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:00 AM

Again with the not meeting expectations complaint...

It makes me wonder what people actually expect... are the game characters supposed to jump out of your screen and do a little jig for you? It's Disney and FF characters picked out solely to maximize the target market, which are then thrown together to form some sort of vague semblance of plot.

It's probably enjoyable enough to play, and definitely intriguing to see your favorite characters in a different context than their own, but what else were people expecting, really?

Anyone who bases gaming experience on expectations grown from marketing hype would probably do well to put down their gaming mags - they might find playing much more enjoyable. Better yet, they should create their own games in order to complain about how their product didn't meet their expectations.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#9 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:08 AM

WOW @ the IGN review.

Ok, well, half of the stuff that the guy said there you have to have played the game to know if its bs or not, but when the guy gives it a 7.6 and the "readers" give it a 9.4, that says something. Yes, the readers could just be a bunch of crazed fanaticsmbut still. And, I really could care less about IGN, overall they gave the Zelda series a better score than all of the FFs (I added them up and averaged them out) which really pisses me off, I absolutely hate Zelda.

Overall
IGN : 7.6
Gamespot : 8.7
1up : 9
Rottentomatoes: "fresh" aka 10
Gamespy : 9

Forget IGN. Sounds like they got some guy who doesn't even like the whole KH genre to review it.

#10 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:33 AM

I don't trust IGN either, I think the reviwers don't really know what they are talking about.

They ranked Original Wars at 4.5, and while the game is far from being perfect it easily deserve a 7 or 8. And all this because they don't like Russians and don't seems to understand the story...  :huh:
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#11 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:06 AM

The Japnese intro song is much better than the English translation.

#12 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:57 PM

IGN gave Starcraft a low score on graphics when they reviewed it in 2001 so yeah, they obviously never know what they're talking about.
Gamespot's scoring is more on the dot.
I borrowed my friend's copy, and it's pretty cool, just don't like some of the new areas.

@Eagle: Most places gave Original War a 4 or a 5, including Gamespot along with IGN, PC Gamer gave it a 67% (last time I checked) and CGW something like 2 out of 5 stars, so it's not just IGN.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#13 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

So I guess we can affirm IGN is retarded.
I really wants this gane....:angel:
Japanese intro

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:05 PM

Depends on the reviewer not all of IGN is bad, granted ever since insider came into being they've lost the quality and high standard they used to have imo.

#15 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:10 AM

...:angel:....
...I just rented Kh2, and it is SOOO fun....
The new gummi ship is so awesome and fun, lock on and firing rocks, as does forms, limits, and reaction commands ^^

Reply to this topic