23 replies to this topic

#16 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:28 PM

Wow, obviously you only played Diablo 2 for five minutes.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#17 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

Beef : Theres a TF2 video out, go watch it, its cool :P

Piggy : o0, I honestly can't say I'm that interested in Hellgate...I mean, it looks fantastic and all, can't deny that, and I DO love hack and slash games (*hugs KH2*) but, I don't really c are too much for the FPS / RPG part... I mean, I have a bad feeling its gonna be TOO RPGish and Stat based, and while, I can see how some people could dig that, doesn't really work for me. Like, Morrowind, for example, was fun, immersive, and all that, but it still pissed me off that I could sit there and stab a guy twenty times and hit him...once, OH YES BABY!!! Just, uh, no. :bleh:. (for the record I own bolth morrowind and oblivion) I'd rather just stick with Titan Quest and the likeBioshock on the other hand...oh hell yes. Haven't played a good horror game in a LONG time.

#18 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:41 PM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Aug 17 2006, 06:28 PM, said:

I played Diablo for like 4 hours, got boring. :bleh:

#19 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:10 PM

Well who knows maybe the developer will be able to pull off the right combination of action and rpg in the game.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#20 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:21 PM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Aug 17 2006, 07:28 PM, said:

Not really, I got up to act 3 in the campaign and thought - why the hell am I doing this?

This is really, really boring!

And then turned it off and played something else.

#21 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

View PostPrejudiceSucks, on Aug 24 2006, 12:21 PM, said:

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Aug 17 2006, 07:28 PM, said:

Not really, I got up to act 3 in the campaign and thought - why the hell am I doing this?

This is really, really boring!

And then turned it off and played something else.
FPS shooter? It's nearly the same thing?

#22 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

View PostPotatoe, on Aug 24 2006, 03:56 PM, said:

FPS shooter? It's nearly the same thing?
For starters, it's not just FPS, there are shots I've seen from the third person when the player is attacking with a close combat weapons (similar to Jedi Knight, in which when the player draws a lightsaber it goes to third-person, I suppose).

Also, yeah, it is nearly the same thing.

Diablo : *gets sword out* CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK... oh nice one, this Carver Shaman has dropped a falchion.

Now I'll go to town and do a quest... *goes to evil lair* CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK... yeah, have some of that then, Duriel!

Hellgate : *gets pistol out* CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK... hurrah, this demon has dropped some bullets / a knife / whatever.

Now I'll go to the hub and do a mission... *goes into the underground*
CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK... huzzah, you have expired, Generic Boss Baddie, and I have taken some artifact back to the Templars.

They're both just about fighting stuff, pretty much non-stop, in a randomised environment, with the odd quest thrown in and a bit of a loot to be gathered.

Hellgate is going to be an evolution of Diablo rather than a total revolution of the original concept.

#23 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:50 PM

Ok. I've seen some footage of this, it's starting to look very promising. And Prejudicesucks, isn't your attitude towards the game kind of conflicting with your name? :P

Anyway. As I said, looks really promising, and what's the difference between this and any other game, it seems like this is going to be much more awsome than NWN 2. And, they both are just *click click click click*. Every game is. Correction: Every FPS and CRPG(the ones where you click).

#24 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:44 AM

Regardless of how it plays, it already looks really fun, and the hands on reports from various websites have been very good.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

Reply to this topic