A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:57 PM

View PostPotatoe, on Sep 17 2006, 06:19 PM, said:

View PostBeefontheBone, on Sep 17 2006, 05:55 PM, said:

I preordered Company of Heroes (and got MP beta access thrown in) and I'm rather looking forward to it - it's gotten very good reviews.

I wasn't impressed with Unreal 2 - I thought it was rather lazy and cliched in terms of the story, but it might've improved as it went on, who knows?

Incidentally, Harvard isn't in Britain, Tom :ok:
I think he meant Oxford?
I didn't hear that.:(

On topic: I tend to squander my money on books rather than on games, but the last game I got was Alfred Hitchcock - The Final Cut, I think. Not bad, but it might have been awesome, so it was a bit of a disappointment. Walking through the film sets was fun, but most of the puzzles were rather lame and there was a ridiculously difficult arcade sequence...

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#17 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

I refrained from buying The Final Cut because it was getting terrible reviews by several publications.
Your comments only reinforce that :(

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#18 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

Well, it's not an entirely bad game, as I said. Some bits are actually nice. If you can get it cheap (i.e. for less than a fiver), I suppose it's all right.:( But it's definitely not worth paying the full price for.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#19 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

Oh well, I'll keep that in mind.

I haven't purchased anything recently, but I have preordered and prepaid for the Scarface game and the new Legend of Zelda.

#20 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:58 AM

Funny though with the new zelda will hit the wii first then the gamecube, guess moreso to hype up the wii, but all good. :(

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#21 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, the final cut is pretty groovy, but it has the nice hitchcock-y feeling to it. But yeah, the part where you have to jump on the roofs and stuff is really annoying. It's ok me thinks..

#22 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:37 PM

Last 5 game purchases:

Civ IV (since it finally went down in price) - Great game. Love it :(
SimTunes (as a joke :max:) - Haven't installed it yet.
Gothic II - Played it long ago and decided to give it another run. Pity the thing has some kind of systematic reload-crash during the endgame which prevents me from actually finishing it.
Freelancer - So I can finally return my friends' copy which I've been borrowing almost since the game was released :ok:
Morrowind - Because my old CD got damaged *sniff... Rest in peace... I'll never forget those years together*

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#23 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

View PostDoubler, on Sep 18 2006, 01:37 PM, said:

Last 5 game purchases:

Civ IV (since it finally went down in price) - Great game. Love it :(
SimTunes (as a joke :D) - Haven't installed it yet.
Gothic II - Played it long ago and decided to give it another run. Pity the thing has some kind of systematic reload-crash during the endgame which prevents me from actually finishing it.
Freelancer - So I can finally return my friends' copy I've been borrowing almost since the game was released :ok:
Morrowind - Because my old CD got damaged *sniff... Rest in peace... I'll never forget those years together*
Civ4 is awsome. I haven't played it much, haven't really become addicted to it.. One round with the germans with a score victory. :max:

#24 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:00 PM

Yeah heard good things about civ 4, course the big question is how long will it be before civ 5 may be released?  :(

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#25 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

Going to buy soon Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday. Last was... uhm, eh... can't be sure, but I guess it was either Operation Flashpoint or Medieval Total War.

Civ 4... Well, if you haven't seen the earlier ones, or only the first, okay, go ahead. To old veteran even Civ 3 was a slight disappointment, but 4 was total catastrophy! I'm sorry to see Sid's offspring getting worse and worse...
...70 years... LOL

#26 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:29 PM

Hmm... I did think Civ IV to be at the very least better then 3 (which I played a lot), but meh :(

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#27 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:33 PM

Well, Civ 4 isn't in my opinion much if at all better than 3. Hard to say objectively, as I was so disappointed to the lack and quality of improvements. If I haven't played any other Civ, except for the first one, I might love it. Now... No. Won't pay for it. And to those interested, I borrowed it from my friend just to be sure I'm not wasting my money. Luckily I did borrow.
...70 years... LOL

#28 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:42 PM

Let's not turn this into another arguement, when Civ V comes around everyone will say that was a catastrophe and that number IV was the best, it always works that way for every Civ game.

#29 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:58 PM

Indeed, history will probably repeat itself when that happens.

#30 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:58 PM

I'm getting fps maker tomorrow!  :(

That smiley should totally be renamed.