#16 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:07 PM

View Posttaikara, on Dec 4 2006, 05:17 PM, said:

90% of teachers are ignorant. That's why most of them become teachers - because they're not good enough or smart enough to do what they teach.

In no way do I mean any offense by saying this (and in fact, I mean it as a compliment), but you're a bit socially deviant in some ways, Pigggy. You're unique, and you're much smarter and more creative than the average person - unfortunately, this can make it hard for the average person to relate to you, and I have little doubt that you're on a few people's bad lists, when you likely don't deserve to be.

This sounds like a typical example of a bitter, disgruntled teacher taking out his/her frustrations on a student that expresses any sort of uniqueness. It's just jealousy translated into "badmouthing." I wouldn't take it personally - you should be feeling sorry for the pathetic person.

Blame my Sicilian background :)

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#17 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:10 PM

Hey, I think it's cool :)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#18 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:38 AM

BP, some of us just can't please the teachers and so we end up being mistreated. It's *crapola*ty. It's life. Go to the Marines and prove them wrong. But don't make those mad, who control your future. Meaning your teachers, unless you stay in the service.

Following comment however needs further study:

View PostTulac, on Dec 4 2006, 11:11 PM, said:

Even though I never buy into any patriotic crap, still I can understand someone wanting to join the army for other reasons than killing people (I don't think you can get very far in marines if you just want to kill people, since those people aren't very discliplined), and therefore I can tell you to calm down and try to talk it through.
Actually... Now we're speaking of psychology, that is extremely interesting and very much studied - and even more argued. There are many saying that people who have certain disrespect of life and will of taking another man's life have very good chances of becoming efficient soldiers. They also underline that discipline and wanting to kill are not excluding each others out - mostly they refer to serial killers who are sick, but still very disciplined and organized. Also, most important factor behind the will of killing someone is the motive. If it is pleasure, hunger for power to end another's life, then I agree, it is definitely "evil". Which here of course means unacceptable. However, even these persons can be effectively harnessed to military service. Point being, it is far more difficult to root out fear of killing, than making bloodlust persons disciplined. If the motivation is something other, more acceptable, such as patriotism, then the military system has even easier task to do.

Every nation needs psychos; especially in the times of war.
...70 years... LOL

#19 Sabot

Sabot

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:25 AM

Slap her across the face.

#20 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:32 PM

My best friend wants to become a Marine as well, and while he has been accused of the "Becoming a Marine just to kill" is not true. While in reality, it unfortunately is part of being a Marine, it is not a reason to become a Marine. Besides if there was someone who just wanted to kill other people, would they set their focus on the Marines? Of course not, they would sign up for the Army and deal with that. I don't know specifics but I do know that becoming a Marine takes at least 10x more training and effort. However good luck with the situation and remember, they can't stop you from becoming a Marine.
IPB Image

#21 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

Actually, after thinking of it, it's terribly offending to claim someone just wants to kill! It represents the dark side in every one of us, which is ready to go to the extremes, if must, but ignoring the motives and just claiming so is like saying that you're malicious, demonic and ignorant of anything constructive - which, without any reason behind it, I find very offensive.

Especially nowadays in western society, where worship of violence and killing is tabu, it's terrifying to notice how some who are afraid to kill a disturbing insect can, usually without any professional base or reason, vilify people with comments, that are only generalized and ignorant. I've encountered such behavior myself, when I've admitted I could kill under certain conditions. Well, I guess no one would had went further, unless I mentioned certain conditions include defending not only myself, but my family, friends and country. At that very moment they immediately forget that I'm not going to do so, unless I necessarily need to! In most cases such life-threatening situation goes further than intended - but if it's question of life and death, you rather risk someone who's not dear to you. Most western laws have taken this into account and thus actually accept killing - and I find it understandable and acceptable.
...70 years... LOL