455 replies to this topic

#16 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:55 PM

There's actually a magazine that does something similar here, ranks all the universities across Canada, but it's gotten a lot of negative comments because certain elements not taken into account when the list is compiled, so lot of universities have started to boycott the whole idea now.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#17 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

View PostDeathDude, on Sep 15 2006, 02:55 PM, said:

There's actually a magazine that does something similar here, ranks all the universities across Canada, but it's gotten a lot of negative comments because certain elements not taken into account when the list is compiled, so lot of universities have started to boycott the whole idea now.
All rankings are pretty much rubbish, actually. That's why I found the ranking by squirrel population a nice idea.:(

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#18 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:10 AM

about the logic thing, I think that the secretary was going for a different implication here:
we don't want to use it on US citizens (to do so is political suicide), so let's scrap the whole idea of hippieish NL weapons and develop a new rifle to kill more of our enemies.

they say that to backstab someone you need to first stand behind them... :(
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#19 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

View PostJuni Ori, on Sep 15 2006, 09:16 AM, said:

I can't understand the weak-minded worshippers (of anything actually)... :(
What about the strong-minded ones?
Today is a good day for pie.

#20 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:48 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Sep 15 2006, 04:09 PM, said:

View PostDeathDude, on Sep 15 2006, 02:55 PM, said:

All rankings are pretty much rubbish, actually. That's why I found the ranking by squirrel population a nice idea.:(
York University has the highest duck : student ratio in the UK and IIRC the highest amount of ducks full stop (you also get expelled if you kill one and eat it, or, I imagine, kill one at all.

I am truly proud.

#21 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:45 AM

It doesn't get much wackier than this:

Murder Suspect: Goat Turned into Corpse

I hate when they do that!  Stupid demon goats.

#22 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:49 AM

View PostPrejudiceSucks, on Sep 16 2006, 10:48 PM, said:

York University has the highest duck : student ratio in the UK and IIRC the highest amount of ducks full stop (you also get expelled if you kill one and eat it, or, I imagine, kill one at all.

I am truly proud.
Our duck : student ratio's probably much lower.:ok: All our college ducks disappeared when they had to cut down the old apple tree on the lawn next to the river. That tree was their main source of food (apart from the tourists, of course).

Rumour has it that we can still be hanged for killing a swan. Except the people over at ChCh, because they made some sort of special deal with the monarch a few centuries ago.:( That's why boat races on the Isis have to be cancelled or at least put off until later when there's a swan in the way. Never mind if it's the most important race of the year.

#23 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

@FPJ

Yeah, goats can be a tricky crowd. Not quite as tricky as the other killings mentioned at the bottom of that news, though... "Alright, who took my *male genital*?!"

Reminds me of that game you play with kids, where you steal their noses by pressing your thumb out between you index and middle finger. I picture some guy doing that in that scenario as well, only not with such a fun outcome....

"Hahahaha! I've got your *male genital*! Hehehe..... oh *crapola*! I WAS JOKING, MAN! IT'S A JOKE! AAAAH!!!"

Yo!

#24 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:16 PM

View PostFruit Pie Jones, on Sep 16 2006, 08:02 AM, said:

Simple. Strong-minded don't need to worship anything. So they don't worship.
...70 years... LOL

#25 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Sep 17 2006, 10:16 AM, said:

View PostFruit Pie Jones, on Sep 16 2006, 08:02 AM, said:

Simple. Strong-minded don't need to worship anything. So they don't worship.

But then how come most strong minded people that have led armies and nations were almost all fantaticly religious, yet they had the will to do things that ordinary men only read in books?

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#26 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

What does that have to do with weak or strong-mindedness? Person can be genius warlord and weak-minded.
...70 years... LOL

#27 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:32 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Sep 17 2006, 05:47 PM, said:

What does that have to do with weak or strong-mindedness? Person can be genius warlord and weak-minded.
uh... no he can't. unless you are talking about IQ. in which case there are alot of smart people (i.e. with high IQ) who are allso devote worshipers of something. even then I'm not sure I have a list of stupid people leading great armies.
the way I understand the term it's a loose sinonym of "weak willed" or did I get your wrong?
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#28 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:03 AM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Sep 17 2006, 03:49 AM, said:

Our duck : student ratio's probably much lower.:( All our college ducks disappeared when they had to cut down the old apple tree on the lawn next to the river. That tree was their main source of food (apart from the tourists, of course).
Oxford has tourist-eating ducks?!  How can they tell the difference between tourists and locals?  (I'm sure I'm setting up a joke here.  Do your best!)

#29 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:07 AM

I knew you'd pick up on that, FPJ. That's why I wrote it in the first place.:(

View PostFruit Pie Jones, on Sep 18 2006, 02:03 AM, said:

Oxford has tourist-eating ducks?!  How can they tell the difference between tourists and locals?  (I'm sure I'm setting up a joke here.  Do your best!)

They easy way would be by checking whether they carry a camera and if/where they take pictures. Subtle ducks prefer eavesdropping on conversations while pretending to search for food - and then they'll attack anyone who mispronounces "Balliol", "Magdalen" or "Michaelmas" (of course that means they'll also eat the odd fresher, but, since they're still "fresh", their taste hardly differs from that of tourists).
Non-ducks can usually tell tourists by their walk.:ok:

On topic: something for Frodo?

#30 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

View Posta1s, on Sep 18 2006, 12:32 AM, said:

View PostJuni Ori, on Sep 17 2006, 05:47 PM, said:

uh... no he can't. unless you are talking about IQ. in which case there are alot of smart people (i.e. with high IQ) who are allso devote worshipers of something. even then I'm not sure I have a list of stupid people leading great armies.
the way I understand the term it's a loose sinonym of "weak willed" or did I get your wrong?
Yes he can. Look at all kings and lords who led the crusades! Not many of them were necessarily genius warlords, but there were very competent among them. And they are perhaps the best possible example, because they went to war for their faith. This is still off-topic and if you necessarily want to continue it, please open a new topic.

The £13m adaptation of JJR Tolkien's trilogy is moving from Toronto to London's in 2007.
JJR... But to the point, they don't actually search for very short people! 170cm isn't far from the average! Anyways, now's Frodo's chance to prove how much better the story would be, if Frodo was female.

...70 years... LOL