37 replies to this topic

#1 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:04 PM

50 Cent was named Songwriter of the Year for his contributions to five award-winning songs: "Candy Shop," "Disco Inferno," "Hate It Or Love it," "How We Do" and "Just A Lil Bit." This is the second time that 50 Cent has received ASCAP Pop Songwriter of the Year honors. Addressing the audience of songwriters via a video message, the multi-platinum selling artist said: "I want to tell you that I use you for energy. I listen to the material that you create?it helps me move to the next level?it inspires me to write even more exciting material."

Yeah...
Uh huh
So seductive

I'll take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollypop
Go 'head girl, don't you stop
Keep going 'til you hit the spot (woah)
[Olivia]
I'll take you to the candy shop
Boy one taste of what I got
I'll have you spending all you got
Keep going 'til you hit the spot (woah)

You can have it your way, how do you want it
You gon' back that thing up or should i push up on it
Temperature rising, okay lets go to the next level
Dance floor jam packed, hot as a teakettle
I'll break it down for you now, baby it's simple
If you be a nympho, I'll be a nympho
In the hotel or in the back of the rental
On the beach or in the park, it's whatever you into
Got the magic stick, I'm the love doctor
Have your friends teasin you 'bout how sprung I gotcha
Wanna show me how you work it baby, no problem
Get on top then get to bouncing round like a low rider
I'm a seasons vet when it come to this *crapola*
After you work up a sweat you can play with the stick
I'm tryin to explain baby the best way I can
I melt in your mouth girl, not in your hands (ha ha)

Girl what we do (what we do)
And where we do (and where we do)
The things we do (things we do)
Are just between me and you (oh yeah)

Give it to me baby, nice and slow
Climb on top, ride like you in the rodeo
You ain't never heard a sound like this before
Cause I ain't never put it down like this
Soon as I come through the door she get to pullin on my zipper
It's like it's a race who can get undressed quicker
Isn't it ironic how erotic it is to watch em in thongs
Had me thinking 'bout that *booty* after I'm gone
I touch the right spot at the right time
Lights on or lights off, she like it from behind
So seductive, you should see the way she wind
Her hips in slow-mo on the floor when we grind
As Long as she ain't stoppin, homie I aint stoppin
Drippin wet with sweat man its on and popping
All my champagne campaign, bottle after bottle its on
And we gon' sip til every bubble in every bottle is gone

:ok:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#2 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:38 PM

That's so romantic. :ok:

Yo!

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:24 AM

Sigh wells and this is why the mainstream continues to go downhill :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:38 AM

Obviously none of you understand the difficulty of making a good rap.
It's so much different from song-writing in other forms, and rhymes can come off sounding just dumb if you don't write em right, or rap em right, since the words themselves are an instrument.

So stop targeting the lyrics, it's the beat and the way the artist matches that beat and manages to twist his words around it, and cause the listener not to pay attention to the words, but the melding of the beat, melody, and rap. Writing in rap is so much different because the artists need to take into consideration how they're going to accomplish that, since they not only have to fit it to a melody but also the beat, rythm, melody, flow, speed, and sound. It's all a cohesive mix, or you end up with junk that just sounds like noise.

Or perhaps you should stop disrespecting other people's tastes in music? Since that was obviously your intention.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:51 AM

50 cent is a joke of a rapper, there are tons of better writers out there (in rap and other genres), much more dynamic and creative songs in the past year, but whateva, it's an award show as the saying goes if it ain't mainstream and on the radio, we probably won't recognize it.  :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:55 AM

I rather think he's bad at writing songs, hinting at actual lyrics, and he suffers at live performances, but he definitely knows how to put together the music. That for one reason is why he's so popular, no one is going to look at his lyrics like, say Rakim's or 2Pac's but he can construct a good melody and beat and his songs are just great for dancing. So I think he rather exceeds in making the good song part, but he can't write meaningful lyrics.
And he sucks when you don't listen to him on the CDs, he can't throw a good show for squat.
But that still doesn't mean you should call him a "joke" of a rapper, since he's going for a way different style, more Hip-Hop than rap, like Eric B. 80's style.

#7 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on May 28 2006, 03:38 AM, said:

Obviously none of you understand the difficulty of making a good rap.
It's so much different from song-writing in other forms, and rhymes can come off sounding just dumb if you don't write em right, or rap em right, since the words themselves are an instrument.
That's a fair point, actually, and it makes sense, but then again, rap songs nevertheless have lyrics. If the lyrics really are that unimportant, why don't rappers just go for random rhytmical gibberish along the lines of I am the Walrus ("oompah, oompah, stick it up your jumper" and all that)?:ok:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#8 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:30 AM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on May 28 2006, 03:55 AM, said:

I rather think he's bad at writing songs, hinting at actual lyrics, and he suffers at live performances, but he definitely knows how to put together the music. That for one reason is why he's so popular, no one is going to look at his lyrics like, say Rakim's or 2Pac's but he can construct a good melody and beat and his songs are just great for dancing. So I think he rather exceeds in making the good song part, but he can't write meaningful lyrics.
And he sucks when you don't listen to him on the CDs, he can't throw a good show for squat.
But that still doesn't mean you should call him a "joke" of a rapper, since he's going for a way different style, more Hip-Hop than rap, like Eric B. 80's style.
Dr. Dre does the hard work, to be honest.

#9 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:46 AM

Well the point is he got an award for lyrics, which he certainly doesn't deserve...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:41 PM

@Blood-Pigggy: You do realize that every sort of music has the same challenges when writing it? Tulac does have a very good point, those lyrics shouldn't win anything at all! And who's disrespecting?
...70 years... LOL

#11 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:52 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on May 28 2006, 02:41 PM, said:

and who's disrespecting?
I am.

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:05 PM

Well I understand the hard work it takes to do lyrics, as I myself write them so I know to get something  that flows smoothly and yet is able to be sung is not easy, but to say that 50-Cent is the best for the past year, that's laughable, much better songs out there in other genres that easily destroy all those songs.

#13 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:57 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on May 28 2006, 07:24 AM, said:

If the lyrics really are that unimportant, why don't rappers just go for random rhytmical gibberish along the lines of I am the Walrus ("oompah, oompah, stick it up your jumper" and all that)?:ok:

Lawl, the scary thing is that they actually do do that, except with curse words instead :)

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:56 AM

I cringe at the day when they may actually resort to what indeed AJ says.

#15 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

Vaguely on-topic.:ok:
Posted Image

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks