45 replies to this topic

#31 chickenman

chickenman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

hmmm I got to the second level and got stuck, once all my team run up the ladders like n00bs and got shot so then I tryed to go up the ladder.... and got my head blown off.  :ok:

#32 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:29 PM

You need to completely ignore the advice in the briefing for that one, to be honest.

You want to wipe out the patrols first, and then take out the guard towers, leaving the oil completely intact until you're ready to run away.

Rescuing the prisoners is the trickiest part if you plan it well, as you end up close to the Germans, who are quite good shots - I advise using first person when you're trying to use that bit, and controlling someone armed with a Sten.

#33 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

I forced myself to finish the game whence I bought it.

The best tip I can offer is don't rely on your team mates, they are idiots, order them to stay behind while you move around and check for snipers or patrols.
Once you know where they are, you can eliminate them with your entire team.
The AI is kinda stupid, your team-mates will run into fire, or not shoot at them at all.

If you do this, you should be practicing sneaking around. The enemy AI can see you from miles if you're right in front of them, but when you flank them, or come from behind, they're oblivious.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#34 gregor

gregor

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

Ok so i tried it a bit, but it's really hard (especially if you dont' have much time to fool arround). Looks like 3D commando. Sort of...

You can switch to 1st person view? How?

Yes they really do tend to see you fast. It's because of the damn fog. Their eyesight goes straight through it (ie is not limited because of it).

But the idea and graphics are not that bad. *imagines same thing, no bugs and XCOM environment*

#35 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

Press + enough times, I think. There are 3 views.

#36 AmazingJas

AmazingJas

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

THis game's real strength is in the multiplayer. It offers excellent cooperative mission based play, and then you don't have to worry about controlling the bots. For anyone else who's keen on co-op play, if you get H&D2, and it's expansion pack, you can play co-op with all the benefits and bug-free advantages the sequel offers.

#37 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:04 PM

I should really get some screenshots up, really...

Level one and a few menu screens are nice, but I think that it might be handy to at least show people level two...

Although that might be more work for the oft-overworked preppers, I suppose...

#38 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

Could do all the prep work yourself and then just get somebody to implement them.
Me>You

#39 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, but anyway, this is veeringly wildly off-topic.

So how far has everyone got with the game?

#40 AmazingJas

AmazingJas

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:44 AM

I've played it through single player twice, and multiplayer co-operatively probably at least 3 times  :ok: , but haven't touched it for about a year now.

#41 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:33 AM

Back on the off-topic bit, I'd be happy to prep any extra screens you take - the current ones aren't very interesting and it's not that time-consuming to process them (batch processing rocks :ok:)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#42 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

Cheers.

Back on topic (vaguely)

What is everyone's favourite weapon on this game, then?

Mine's the Johnson (?) Rifle (the American one which you can always pick) - it's absolutely brilliant firepower-wise and also has great accuracy - hurrah!

#43 pedro0930

pedro0930

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:08 AM

anyone want to play a mutiplayer game?
I tried it with my friend and we play to the second last level on the second chapter.
It's quite fun on the first few level actually.

#44 Leo

Leo

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:11 AM

Hi everybody,

I get stuck at second norway mission, the one where you need to blow up the radio + the stores. My tactical position is the following, i control everything. No germans left, all vehicles are undamaged and got plenty of TNT + grenades + german grenades. BUT i cant blow the radio antena, i even tryed with a bazooka shoot.... :P

#45 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

The game was buggy as hell, or so I've heard. My gameplay ended very early to some very annoying bug and I gave up, thinking I'll go back to it once. After that I changed to XP and never got it working. However, I think there's a update existing, that will fix most of the bugs. Have you updated? Or tried to restart the mission?
...70 years... LOL

Reply to this topic