12 replies to this topic

#1 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:39 PM

The "spiritual successor" to Total Annihilation and genre-buster is due for release on the 20th,, as I'm sure anyone who's as excited about it as me is already aware. Thought I'd open this topic to tell you all I'm about to install the demo, which is available from www.supremecommander.com (lots of Flash - you can get it on Fileplanet and various other places directly). The extra 2 GB of RAM I got the other day should actually get some use now :ok:

Might have to try out the dual onitor support, too - although there's no room on my desk thanks to having moved my telly on there.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#2 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:02 PM

The demo's not as good as I expected it to be.

=/

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:29 PM

I expect it'll pick up further into the campaign - only just played through the first operation (for an hour and a bit). The intro movie made me laugh - the quantum tunnel looks exactly like the credits for Doctor Who :ok:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#4 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:59 PM

No, ignore the campaign, it's absolutely worthless in the demo, not one bit of it is good.

The skirmish is where it's at. I was really disappointed at how horrendous the included campaign missions are, they're boring, drab, and annoying. Even then I can still only play against the easy AI on skirmish because the learning curve is insane. It took me forever to find a good way to make a large efficient army that wouldn't get blown up by like 500 bombers.

#5 Sabreman

Sabreman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:58 AM

Foolish optimism led me to try this on my aging PC, with predictable results.

It runs alright with everything turned down, but then it looks just like Total Annihilation :)

#6 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:51 AM

Yeah, I have the same problem, I can only play it on Low Fidelity, it looks like junk, but at least it's fun.

#7 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:34 AM

tried it at a friends house, thought it was a total bore, too slow with uninteresting units
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#8 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

Too slow? This is one of the fastest paced games I've ever played, I haven't played anything else that has you making around 40 units in the same time it would take to make one in another game.

#9 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Mar 1 2007, 10:16 PM, said:

Too slow? This is one of the fastest paced games I've ever played, I haven't played anything else that has you making around 40 units in the same time it would take to make one in another game.
I think he get's adrenaline shots straight in to his blood while running around with friends with real guns. :)

Or then just plays too much quake in a 64/64 server.

#10 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:56 AM

Ah, Supreme Commander. To get it running, I have to run it on settings that make it look like 1997 has woken up and attacked my PC, but that doesn't matter a bit.

Still one of the most fun games I currently own, and definately the one on the largest scale :)

#11 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:33 AM

For some reason the demo says my system specs do not reach the minimum requirements(which they do)....

#12 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:01 AM

Could be it thinks you fail one of them somewhere - is DirectX up to 9.0c? I get those errors with XCom: Apocalypse which always makes me laugh - my memory is too modern for it to think I have enough :)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#13 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Mar 11 2007, 05:01 AM, said:

Could be it thinks you fail one of them somewhere - is DirectX up to 9.0c? I get those errors with XCom: Apocalypse which always makes me laugh - my memory is too modern for it to think I have enough :)
Yeah, I can play every new game except Supreme Commander(which I will referring to as SupCom in the future).

Back to Your Favorite Games & Commercial Software

Reply to this topic