11 replies to this topic

#1 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:02 AM

Some of you maybe knew I was preparing for a gallery show / art competition.

Well, it opened today, and all of the photography pieces I entered won ribbons.

Whee.

Well, it made me feel pretty good, anyway.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:18 AM

Thats awesome to hear Tai. As told ya before, congratulations on winning for both pieces! :P

Not easy to win for one, but for both, thats just awesome, especially since ya have just been doing photography for 3 months, way to go once again Tai! :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:07 AM

Clearly, you are a Tai-Pho(to) Mastah.

Nicely done, hon.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#4 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:28 AM

Congrats! Can we see those pieces?

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#5 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:25 AM

That's brilliant to hear Tai.   :apple:
I am SO pleased for you.   :pimp:
You really have a knack for photography.   :P

Now it's time to celebrate.   :)  :D  :P

:P  :band:  :P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

Congratulations! :P I hope (and know) you'll win a ton more awards in the future! :)

#7 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

Congratulations. :P But don't have us expectant, are you going to let us see them? :)
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#8 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:02 PM

congratyoulations.

the title is pretty funny though if you read it together.

I Cleaned [a] House... just to brag a little

Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#9 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:19 PM

Oh, it's not enough for me to say they won, you guys actually want to see the craptacularness for yourselves? (j/k) :P

Well, for those who have been to my photo gallery, you've already seen versions of what I entered.

I decided to go simple rather than an all-out display of photoshop craziness, so I used the Crazy Sheep and Cabbage Head images and fixed minor agitating reality issues (the dead leaf bits on the cabbage, the weird twiggies on the sheep's face), and tweaked the colors a bit to give them more oomph. Then, they were blown up to ridiculous proportion at the insistence of my professor and printed for display.

I don't have the tweaked images available atm to make them viewable here (just checking the forum in between work and class), but I can post them later. I'd rather go down to the gallery and take pictures of them with the big, shiny ribbons on to post, though, as you can get the idea from my gallery (they're not really hugely different) :P

The Crazy Sheep (retitled "Dolly") won "Judges Choice Award" in category (red ribbon, equivalent to second place), and the Cabbage Head (retitled "Fresh") won "Award of Merit" in category (yellow ribbon, equivalent to third place).

I wonder (since I'm now apparently an award-winning photographer :P )  if I can demand more money from my dad's company for the photography I've been contracted to do for their website design? :P

Anyhoo, thanks everybody for the support, you're all very kind :)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#10 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

I like your pictars Tai, I would have submitted the Fro Chicken, but you won anyway so who cares. A winner is you *Confetti*

Good job, I can never tell what's really good or not in photography (which is why I failed Communication Arts, YAY) so that's a talent you definitely have that I don't (Tai - 1 ---- Pigggy - 3423432, just kidding).

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#11 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:42 PM

View Posttaikara, on Apr 3 2007, 01:19 PM, said:

I wonder (since I'm now apparently an award-winning photographer :P )  if I can demand more money from my dad's company for the photography I've been contracted to do for their website design? :P

Anyhoo, thanks everybody for the support, you're all very kind :P

Do it. :P Just grab the piccies (or get another copy of the winning set) slap on the ribbons and bam award winning piccies+photography services=more cash, simple mathematics. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#12 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

Hurrah!