#31 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:04 PM

Hehe that's for sure. :lol:

But seriously would be interesting to include some factors like sex :) or maybe too much training, or even controversial things like dun dun steroids!  :angel:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#32 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:04 PM

You know, Qbix, I was about to say quite the same, but then I realized that she must know it already! :)
...70 years... LOL

#33 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

DeathDude, on Jan 23 2006, 01:04 PM, said:

Hehe that's for sure. :P

But seriously would be interesting to include some factors like sex :) or maybe too much training, or even controversial things like dun dun steroids!  :angel:
You know, I'm beginning to think that Rockstar might like this game. :P

And I do not play too much ADOM. I haven't played in months, actually. :lol:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#34 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

Well perhaps it's just abstinence symptoms? :)
...70 years... LOL

#35 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

Hmm Rockstar would seem like the logical choice. :) But since it's a sports game the more logical choice would be EA sports, course if they did it, they would release these features in yearly increments like they always do with their sports games. :angel:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#36 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:12 PM

But a sports game getting into the headlines for including 'adult situations' would be a novelty, wouldn't it?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#37 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:13 PM

True enough I think it's just a matter of time before we see one that will hit shelves someday. :)

#38 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:55 AM

I'm thinking to include all these "actions". Like sex, steroids, drugs and some sicknesses like anorexia and such. These could be random happenings in the game. Like "after the match some guy approaches you as you go to your car in the lot. He says he is big fan of you and wants to help you. He offers you *random name* steroids to boost your *random attribute*. Will you take it?" and if you take it your attribute wil be boosted, but the chance of illness, injury and the possibility to get caught will arise. There could be moral questions too like "Don't take it, let the dude go" or "don't take it and turn this guy in to the stadium police".

This could be done with many ingridients. How bout that?
The Master of Light and Darkness

Don't fight the bad things in life, find the good ones! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!

#39 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:02 PM

Yeah it could really either be done by choice in game or random events could also work and would definitely make the game more interesting, the main issue though I can think of is how the game will determine which player to be choice of random event, wouldn't be effective if game picks some player who never plays in game.

#40 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

This is no issue, sine this feature will only be in the single player career mode. Since there is nothing like this in the multiplayer, no questions.
But you are right at some point. Your teammates can also fall for drugs and such, but that can be done the same way, random event. Like "Your teammate *random teammate* is behaveing strange lately. He talks a lot less with the team members and gets very nervous when attending medical. One day, after training you ask him what's the problem. He confesses that he takes staroids to boost his performance. You... a, Don't say anything. b, try to talk him out of it c, turn him in"

Well I think that's settled... Any new ideas? :blink:

Don't fight the bad things in life, find the good ones! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!

#41 Bobbin Threadbare

Bobbin Threadbare

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:33 PM

Ooh, an adventurey thing too. :blink:

Imagine a game all genres. So far this has:

FPS
RPG
Adventure
Strategy
Action?
Sport
Heh, it took me a while to change this...
IPB Image
Credit goes to TheVoid for creating my wonderful avatar/personal pic.

#42 Playbahnosh

Playbahnosh

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:08 PM

well, you are right :blink: But organizing a game this um..complex could be a horror to balance the elements from each of the genres...

#43 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:58 PM

Just wondering how your game is getting on?   :ok:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#44 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

Just cutting in.

So far it seems like this game is going to have so much micromanagement that the Europeans who have all the Settler games and AD games on their best selling list aren't even going to play.

You are going to stream-line this into a little bundle right?
Running Hero for the C64 was a nightmare, and it was kinda like your game, except that you even had to feed your dude, and you needed to do it every five minutes or so, he would die in the middle of running.

It was so stupid.
But this idea sounds interesting, I like the whole "reality" thing, but throw in some spice, or the topic will seem kinda boring.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG