23 replies to this topic

#16 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

The Punisher pistol shoots THROUGH an enemy, so you pop one, the bullet goes into the one behind it.

And not killing the villagers is no fun.

And to kill the Las Plegas Parasites (The weird headed thingies) wait until there's two or more, then throw a flash grenade, it instantly kills them. (They're weak against bright light, that's why they only come out at night)

And to disarm the traps (if you don't know already) hit them with your knife (only if it's a bear trap, don't try it with the dynamite trip wires :ok:) and they shut, don't use ammo on them.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#17 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

Oh I see, thanks Piggy!
I was wondering what flash nades would be used for besides that one boss...

#18 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:47 AM

Flash grenades also blind enemies as you may have discovered.
Use them on huge packs of enemies if you run out of ammo for choice guns (or you're low on ammo) then use your kick ability to make a path through the large amount of enemies and leave the area or find a better vantage point.

A good tip - if you're low on ammo, and there are a good amount of enemies after you, go around a corner, and face the direction you came from, if you stand right at the edge of the corner, where the Ganados will come around, you can slash him with your knife and get a kick in that'll send him sprawling.
They're so stupid that they'll repeatedly come around the corner, and you can just keep kicking him.

The best tip I can offer is use your pistol/kick combo almost exclusively when fighting Ganados, I only use my Shotgun or TMP in emergency situations.

How to do it? If you meet one Ganado, shoot him in the head, then run up while he's incapacitated, kick him, and slash him to death while he's on the ground.
This is especially useful in groups, cause the Ganados tend to pack up closely together, and if you shoot one Ganado in the head, and kick him down, you'll probably kick other nearby Ganados also, and push any back that the flying Ganados contact.

Try to save your shotgun ammo, you're going to need it in the castle/island areas.

Oh, and keep all the ammo you find, don't sell it. Especially rifle ammo, there's a especially annoying scene before the Village Chief boss battle that you'll need the rifle for.
And don't upgrade your lower level weapons (IE shotgun, pistol) because you'll only want to upgrade these guns exclusively,

-Red9: The best handgun, when fully upgrade, has about the damage of a shotgun
-Riot Gun: Not as powerful as the Striker shotgun, but you're going to need it, better at longer ranges, which is essential in later game areas.
-Broken Butterfly: This is your boss killer, NEVER use it on any other enemies, if you save lots of ammo, bosses will be a breeze, the ammo is very rare, but VERY powerful.
-Rifle: You'll only need the starter one, the Semi-automatic isn't all that awesome.

Sell your basic Pistol/Punisher/Shotgun when you meet their better counter-parts, and the weapons I've showed above are the ones you'll probably want at all times, including the TMP.

Other guns you'll want to reconsider before buying

-Mine Thrower: Useful in stressful situations, but you aren't going to use it much, buy it if you want, it's a good Ganado masher if they're in groups
-TMP: You want to keep this, and save it for bosses, with a good amount of ammo, you can keep shooting a boss and keep him incapacitated until he dies (when fighting Krauzer later in the game, AIM FOR THE LEGS)

#19 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:19 AM

...I made a bug mistake...took the path that leads to the 2 chainsaw sisters instead of the big boss...and I don't have a rocket launcher, get ready for a world of hurt!

And...I'm sad, headshots are bad now, cause the lil thingys that sprout from heads are annoying, and the merchant guy should sell ammo too....rifle ammo.

#20 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

They'll grow the Parasites from their heads even if you don't shoot them in the head, it happens randomly.

And the Chainsaw Sisters are MUCH easier than El Gigante.
And you can go back, it's not stopping you.

#21 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

I know, but if you do headshots it happens a but more, doesn't stop it much, but it helps.

And I'd rather fight El Gigante, its much easier to dodge.

#22 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:04 AM

The headshots don't do anything, believe me.
You'd waste more ammo if you just shot them in the chest anyway.

Gigante isn't easier to dodge at the double path area, it's a very narrow pathway, and he can just waltz right at you, there's no room to manuever left or right, and with Ashley there (he ALWAYS goes for her) he can crush her in a few seconds.

It's incredibly irritating.

#23 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

><
Are chainsaw sisters weaker than normal chainsaw maniacs?

...I only have two shots for the rifle :(

#24 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

They're stronger.
You're going to need Shotgun ammo.