139 replies to this topic

#1 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:47 PM

Excited? WHo do you think is gonan win? Discuss.

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:47 AM

I'm rooting for Italy as I always am, go Italia!  :(

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 DeathSpark

DeathSpark

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:07 AM

I´m going with my man DeathDude, Italy is moving strong.

#4 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:12 AM

Soccer?

Pfft, who plays soccer?
Gimme some rugby!

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:13 AM

Bah rugby, who plays that. :(

Say there will be at least 29 mil watching this time around, should be quite the exciting tournament. :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:59 AM

Hmm... This is hard one. Italy it isn't, that I can tell you. Brazil, France or a big surprise!
...70 years... LOL

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:05 AM

Italy doesn't have my favourite player, Christian Vieri sniff, but yet they still have Allesandro Del Piero.

France ha they'll mess up like they did last time. Brazil though will be the team to beat I think, and Germany will have a strong go, with the home crowd.

#8 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:13 AM

Del Piero can't carry Italy to victory, at least alone. Unless some "nameless" players take big role, Italy won't be fighting for gold. France did screw up last time, but now's totally different year. Though Zidane is still the strongest key player, but weakest link. Germany, well, possibly, but I actually counted them into a big surprise, which is actually a little underestimating them. Brazil is just simply strong.
...70 years... LOL

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:17 AM

I never said Del Piero was the player going to carry them, they got a strong defence and good mid field with Francesco Totti leading the way and Flippo Inzaghi as well an excellent striker.

France can't rely on Zidane not with their weak goaltending, Germany is still a strong team like 2002, Brazil is still a strong team, but can't be overconfident, England may be a surprise we'll see.

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:21 AM

I can bet on that England isn't on medals! Not this year. You didn't say Del Piero is going to carry them, but though they have good defence and almost as good mid field, they need to make goals and I don't see any really good ones in their team to do them! France does have a little weak goaltending, but their defence makes it up. I still can't see Germany (though I'd like to see) as strong as you seem, but we will see...
...70 years... LOL

#11 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:52 AM

England is pretty good, Germany is hosting that's always a plus, of course there are always Brazil and Argentina who have strong team, I don't really think you can predict anything :(

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:48 PM

I just named two players who will provide goals, Totti and Inzaghi, check their stats during club play, they are goal scorers, they will get the job done.

Argentina always seems to have a good team, but a tendency to indeed fall short, similar to england in a way, will they go far this year? Hard to say, they did beat Brazil during qualifying and there is bound to be a surprise team heading to the second round.

#13 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

Messi is pretty good, one of the best players alongside with Ronaldinho...
Engleand will lose with Rooneys injury although they do have good substiutions...
I didn't know Canadians follow football :(

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

Yeah I try to when I can, always a fan of the world cup, especially since Canada's team is really really bad, so got to cheer for another team that is part of my ethnicity, so Italy fits the bill.

Coming up fast the start, and all the games will be televised here, that's right all of them (think it's like in the 60 range for the first round) on two different channels, so that's pretty cool.

#15 OvErLoRd

OvErLoRd

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

Croatia is playing its first game on Tuesday against Brazil! Do you think we even stand a chance? :P

With this World Cup starting I have pretty good excuse not to study for my exams... :(
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

- from ''Lord of the Rings'' by J.R.R.Tolkien