22 replies to this topic

#16 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

1 - Jon Irenicus, Baldur's Gate II, because he's oh so wonderfully mad, and superbly voice-acted, too.

2 - Cortez, The Longest Journey, because he's the most interesting thing about Stark. Incidentally, I never really did get to like April.

3 - That Robot Which You Teach To Lie, Knight of the Old Republic 2, because that was one of the more comic bits of an otherwise pretty linear and overrated game. Especially in its walking style. Classic wobble.

4 - Paul Denton, Deus Ex, because he's more interesting than JC by miles.

5 - Glottis, Grim Fandango, because fat demons who love to drive very fast cares are ace. The poetry section of the above game was also spiffing.

#17 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

Pigggy, yeah, you got a valid point there. But I still underline one exceptional thing in games and keep her in first place:

her natural sex appeal

...70 years... LOL

#18 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

Yes, the fact that she didn't have massive boobs a tiny waist and a big *money-maker* and was still more attractive than most video game characters also made me like her more as a character because she was genuine. Just like Max Payne wasn't some rippling muscular guy.

It really is the John Woo effect right there with Max, although I think Mona is entirely their original creation, only slightly inspired by film noir love interests, since those women can be just as plastic as an action movie chick.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#19 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

Agreed. For once one can say she's of league of her own. Perhaps the slight film noir aspects are the thing that really makes her special - after the cold fact that she is natural. And I agree that some of those film noir chicks were cold pastic, but not all. Not even nearly.
...70 years... LOL

#20 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

"Blood-Pigggy" said:

His whole "I'm a badass machine of justice" facade was so irritating, especially since he was ABSOLUTELY useless.
Well, I like the concept.  :rolleyes:
Besides, his mechanical usefulness is there in the boss fight if you pick the right dialogue options.

#21 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

Well that applies for nearly every character since you can boost most of them with dialog.

But his usefulness in that regard was also somewhat limited, since you had to be uber-good, and then you missed out on better bonuses for other characters/yourself, which wasn't really worth it.

I still think that Dak'kon was the most useful and well written character. The whole slavery/treatment thing was very cool, it's one of the few things that kept me playing after I realized how tedious the combat was.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#22 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

"Blood-Pigggy" said:

I still think that Dak'kon was the most useful and well written character
<3 Mitch Pileggi  :D
Let's just agree to disagree, since we will never both admit that I'm right.  :rolleyes:

#23 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

Duke Nukem - no need to elaborate
Edwin - great evil character

5 is too much for me and my memory. :rolleyes:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)