12 replies to this topic

#1 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:22 PM

I'd like to have some opera/orchestral pieces named for me. They can be everything really, I'd prefer something epic sounding although it doesn't have to be upbeat or in any specific realm really.

Whatever sounds good.

And if you're wondering why I'm just looking for something to play in the background during games because I'm starting to get tired of that freaking guitar in Dwarf Fortress.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#2 Halindir

Halindir

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

Havamal - Falkenbach
IPB Image

#3 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

For Opera/Orchestral pieces, I recommend Rhapsody, a lot of cheesy lyrics, but the music is quite over the top but very enjoyable and impressive to listen to, anything off their first three albums: Legendary Tales, Symphony of Enchanted Lands or Dawn of Victory, would be a good place to start.

Some songs: Emerald Sword, Land of Immortals, Flames of Revenge, Wisdom of the Kings, Eternal Glory, Beyond the Gate of Infinity, Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Dawn of Victory, Holy Thunderforce, Truimph For My Magic Steel.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#4 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

erm?

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#5 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Dec 18 2007, 02:22 PM, said:

I'd like to have some opera/orchestral pieces named for me.
Do something heroic.  If valkyries are involved, so much the better.
Today is a good day for pie.

#6 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

you can get apocalyptica. it has nothing to do with opera but it just kicks behind
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#7 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:18 PM

Well guys, I actually meant something like Pavarotti or of that manner. Carl Orf in example for orchestral.

It's pretty difficult sifting this kind of stuff out when you don't know much about it.

#8 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

Well, one of the most well known _brutally epic_ sounding pieces is this one, I suppose

I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#9 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:43 AM

Well naturally I know that one already since I mentioned Carl Orf, and you can't know one without the other.

I've managed to find pieces from Tchaikvosky that I enjoyed, if anyone can suggest something similar.

#10 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:28 AM

Grab the Gladiator soundtrack by Hans Zimmer - it's ace. It's all orchestral with no lyrics or anything (aside from some Enya singing in a foreign language in parts), but I'm sure you already know that.

#11 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Not remotely orchestral, but I can't get enough of In The Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg. Once you get over the Alton Towers assosciation it's a winner. Ride of the Valkyries would be an (incredibly) obvious choice, too.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#12 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

Didn't think of that Greywolf, thank you, and I'll look at In The Hall of the Mountain King whatever it may be.

#13 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:27 PM

How about ripping off the music from that old pc game with the famous score that was written just for him.
Outcast, I believe it was called.

I'm not sure what the music's for, but if a track is instantly associated to something else it's probably a bad thing.
Think "Clockwork Orange".

And speaking of oranges, look up some ludwig van.
He's got symphonies that I reckon you'd like, but it's a case of sifting through what's already been done to death.