15 replies to this topic

#1 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:40 AM

Hmm, I'm downloading this game called Conquer online, its free, 2d and looks rather nice, I just thought it would be a good addition to the site as we don't have too many froom online RPGs, I could maybe review it in the future, I still have to work on my other two reviews though, but I dunno.

Edit: hmm, seem to be having trouble downloading the client...oh wow! BIG download...uh...

#2 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

Well, URL would be nice too...

Edit: Okay, here you can find it. Looks quite nice, but I'm not convinced yet just by screenshots.

Edited by Juni Ori, 05 March 2006 - 05:44 PM.

...70 years... LOL

#3 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

Here's a link: Conquer Online
EDIT: oh good, you posted one, I was just about to go and call you lazy, Juni Ori.

#4 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

Yeah sorry, I forgot the link ><

Hmm, so far I dunno, I can't figure out how to download it...if I do it off the website it says it takes an hour, but cuts out after 10 minutes, if I try it in bittornet, as they say, it takes even longer, and if I try downloading it froma third party site, it takes 4 hours...  :(

#5 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

Conquer is great in my opinion, you should definitly use a bittorent, it was the quickest way for me at least. I use BitComet just because I can make my own torrents and it shows the stats of the download. BitComet. It's pretty fun and the community is nice.
IPB Image

#6 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:11 AM

Just a question but, even if we were to host it and everything, would we be allowed to link to it via bittorent? I mean, bittorent is a touchy subject, but as he said it is really the only way sorta...

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:00 AM

Thing is with bit torrents is there's the whole legality issue, how big is this game, cause if it's reasonable size, we could always host it here. :(

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

The installer is a little over 300MB I believe it was...
IPB Image

#9 Turnbot

Turnbot

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:51 AM

I tried this one.  Looks nice, but boring.  Mostly Asian game, and not very original.

#10 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:52 PM

What do you mean "Asian"? Come to think of it, it probably is and English translation because I've noticed some of the dialogues are strangely worded. It was probably Korean, nearly all of these types are. It's alright but starts to get repetitive after about level 15.
IPB Image

#11 Turnbot

Turnbot

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:20 AM

RyGuy, on Mar 10 2006, 07:52 PM, said:

What do you mean "Asian"? Come to think of it, it probably is and English translation because I've noticed some of the dialogues are strangely worded. It was probably Korean, nearly all of these types are. It's alright but starts to get repetitive after about level 15.

I didn't mean anything racist, but it's a typical Korean MMORPG is all.  :*).

Kind of pretty, not all that deep.   They live for social MMORPG cafes I hear.

#12 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

Sucky, sucky, sucky crappy, sucky, one of those sucky crappy Japanese/Korean MMORPGs that are infesting the net these days.
Their lack of deep gameplay (yeesh, Diablo was way more sophisticated, and that's saying alot) and the general idiot design that assumes they can just package some sub-par hack-and-slash formula into a horrid anime visual design is disgusting.
I played this about 30 minutes in every day for 10 days, just hoping that it'd get better. But it didn't.

Better off playing RuneScape, that mess is better than this garbage.
Or better yet, download America's Army, Anarchy Online, or go play a MUD, they're all better than this.

Edited by BeefontheBone, 11 March 2006 - 10:36 PM.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#13 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:36 AM

*shrugs*
sure w/e. I haven't actually played it yet, its just that a lot of pople play it, and AR has practically no MMORPGs, and leat if you play this you aren't automatically demoralized by 12 year olds who spam "noob" like you are in Runescape.

#14 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:59 AM

Just by looking at the screenshots, I can tell it's not a game I'd like to play. It really look boring. I'd rather play Ultima Online anyday.

The worse part in the screenshots is when I seen someone take 700ish damage. C'mon now, you know this is a rubish game if you do have so much HP and that it's easy to take so much damage...
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#15 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

There's a system that gives advantages to higher level players who help out lower levels, but it's so unbalanced that higher levels just run the system with the low levels, then run off and complete the quest, pick up the loot, go sell it, and since they left the newbie behind in the dust, he doesn't get any EXP or anything, all he gets is a meager little amount.

The community is horrid, I managed to find a few good players, but everyone is just taking advantage of eachother.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

Reply to this topic