21 replies to this topic

#1 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

I wonder if anyone still remembers me. Anyway, the other alcoholic Finn is back, at least for a while.

I've been lurking the forums occasionally, but haven't really had time to be active in here lately. My life has just pretty much turned around during the last few months (and at the moment I just need some place to rant about my problems) so I thought I'd try to awaken this old habit and start coming here more often again.

I don't have the crappy job at the school anymore, and not even the even crappier job I got after that. I just started as a math major at the University of Helsinki a month or two back, and it's great. There's finally a point in all this, some direction to go to, and I love it.

But then, just so things wouldn't finally be too good for me, my girlfriend for the last three and a half years broke up with me yesterday. Even though it didn't come as a big surprise, and I admit that there have been times when I've thought of doing the same, it still hurts. A lot.

When I think of it, this is probably for the best. This would've happened sooner or later, and it's probably a lot easier now than in like a year or so. But 3,5 years is still a really long time. This is gonna take some time to get used to.

We pretty much broke up as friends, and we can probably keep it that way. I want to keep her as a friend, even though she did pretty much leave me for another guy and admitted to have cheated on me in the past. Actually, this'll sound weird but I had kinda guessed it. And it didn't really bother me (until now, for some reason). Don't ask, I don't understand either.

Okay, I think this is enough for now. It felt good to write about this, even if no-one bothers to read it.

End of rant.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#2 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:10 PM

WELCOME BACK.

Sorry bout all that stuff though, BUT IT HAPPENS, maybe you'd like to watch some animez with me to ease through?

Watch sum animes?

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#3 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hmm, weird. The thread has one reply, but 0 views.

Admit it, pigggy, you didn't read the post! Busted! :unsure:
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#4 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:57 PM

I don't know dude, it's doing that with a lot of topics, it must not count me as a human being.

#5 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:00 PM

I think 'Views' are only updated every 5 hours.  So in 5 hours time, it will show the number of people who have looked at the topic.   :unsure:

And it's nice to have you back Aristharus   :roflol:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

Yeah, and me neither, apparently. That's just what I need at the moment, insults from the damn forum. :unsure:

This is weird. Right now I feel fine. I'm.. happy with all this. As long as there's something to do, just anything else to think, everything's ok. But I'm pretty sure that as I get home (I'm at my parents' house at the moment) and be 10 minutes alone or something, I'll be ready to hang myself.

Ok, I won't start another rant about this now. All is well. I'm a.. free man. Yay.

EDIT: Yeah, the beginning was a reply for Pigggy's post, Frodo was quicker. Cool. Apparently people do remember me. :roflol:

#7 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

Don't do what Meatloaf did, you have to sleep on it, and give me an answer in the morning.

I don't need to know right now whether you'll love her forever.
Remember, you can always see paradise by the dashboard light.

Dude, I so totally made a relevant post with a Meatloaf song.

HARDCORE

#8 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

WOOOOORMS BÄK!!!! :unsure: ...fellow Finnish alcholist! :roflol: Sorry for your "loss", but if the situation was that, it's probably best this way. Good luck and let's get drunk one day. I'm doing long days and etc, so we'll have to do it at some weekend, but let's keep contact.
...70 years... LOL

#9 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

Heh.. It's great to see AR hasn't changed that much. There's familiar names on the online list, Juni's first post is about about drinking and Pigggy's just as weird as always. Excellent.

#10 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

Heys Welcomes back to AR dude, bummers about what has been happening but good to hear that things have also turned around as well.  :unsure:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

Welcome back, Other Alcoholic Finn. Iltaa and all that.:unsure:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#12 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:58 PM

View PostAristharus, on Oct 28 2007, 04:08 PM, said:

the other alcoholic Finn

Could somebody PLEASE make that his custom title or whatever.  :unsure:

#13 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:10 PM

Welcome back, sorry to hear *crapola*'s been rough recently.. it'll pick up it always does. Best of luck to ya :unsure:
Me>You

#14 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:47 PM

I was right, it didn't take 10 minutes after I got home. I started feeling horrible. I couldn't eat or drink. Everything came back up almost instantly.

So I called a friend of mine and we talked for an hour or so. Pretty much for this whole time I felt completely fine and I could talk to her about this whole incident without any problems. I joked about this all and it felt ok.

I don't feel bad while writing this, either. Damn, this is weird.. I know I'll be fine. I know this had to happen, and I think it went pretty well. Even though I'm almost sure the guy she dumped me for is with her at the moment, I feel ok. I don't know if she feels bad at all anymore. If she does, he's probably comforting her, if she doesn't, they might be having sex at the moment for all I know! And I feel fine about it. (Ok, actually writing that sentence hurt a bit)

But I'm pretty sure that 15 minutes after I finish writing this, I'm gonna feel like *crapola*. I'll be pacing around the house crying my eyes off.

This is so.. messed up. I myself don't know what I feel about this. One moment I'm fine, and suddenly after a minute or two I'm depressed as hell. I just hope that I can get some sleep. I slept for about 3 hours last night.

You people don't really have to read all this. I don't really even know if I want everyone to read all this... :roflol: I usually hate these kind of threads if I don't know the poster well. It just eases the pain to write this all down.

EDIT: I'd gladly accept that custom title Moogle suggested. :unsure:

#15 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:36 PM

Welcome back! Hope you didn't come back cause of the emotionally distressed times. :unsure:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)