46 replies to this topic

#31 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:21 AM

Indeed hard to say with this kind of game, if it's getting a lot of users then there's a pretty good chance it will one day be commercial, if the developers can handle the amount of users on the servers then maybe it'll stay freeware.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#32 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

PrejudiceSucks, on Nov 24 2005, 01:16 AM, said:

The finished game won't be free, though. You can bet on that.
It is free.

Always will be, getting this cleared up led to the 3 month delay of uploading the review :blink:
Me>You

#33 DeathSpark

DeathSpark

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:55 PM

:blink: HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!!! LOL

#34 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

Great game, very fun, too bad my computer can't run it without freezing after a while.. -.- Well, good thing I'm getting a better computer when my dad get's home.

#35 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:07 PM

Been playing again recently.

The game really is better if you don't play it non stop for ages.

Play on and off for a week and then take a week or so break and it doesn't become as boring as it does if you play it non stop.  :blink:
Me>You

#36 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:35 PM

Holy crap this gets boring.
I really hope the final release is much better, even if it is free, I expect less repetition from a game.
Even Quake 3 lasts longer than this game.
It has good potential to develop, but they seriously need to put some balance into the game to prolong the fun.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#37 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:44 PM

Blood-Pigggy, on Nov 27 2005, 11:35 PM, said:

Holy crap this gets boring.
I really hope the final release is much better, even if it is free, I expect less repetition from a game.
Even Quake 3 lasts longer than this game.
It has good potential to develop, but they seriously need to put some balance into the game to prolong the fun.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't any game that's essentially about running around killing everything that moves bound to get repetitive?:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#38 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:02 AM

Pretty much; it's a question of how quickly that happens :blink:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#39 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:28 AM

*shoots the lil bannana in Beef's sig*
*looks around at all the angry and saddened glares*
...thats what the game taught me...  :blink:
Ya, it does get borrin...

#40 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:38 AM

Yeah maybe there are little things ya can add to the game itself to give it more challenging, I'm sure the community have different sorts of rules and such they sometimes use to mix it up a bit.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#41 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

There isn't really much of a community to be honest. At least not yet. A lot of people are either abusive or to inexperienced to chat and play at the same time. I like the game, it's fun on and off against friends but it lack any real depth. It appears that the current version is no longer a beta but a constantly developing 'final' release. However the promised quest mode isn't present.
Me>You

#42 ultrabot90

ultrabot90

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:39 PM

R Havell, on Oct 18 2005, 11:25 AM, said:

A. J. Raffles, on Oct 18 2005, 12:22 PM, said:

The graphics look rather nice. Too bad I don't like FPS...
It's third person, not first :roflol:

There's more matrix-style running up walls and backflipping than you get in an FPS.
That was EXACTLY my thought when I played the game. The Matrix.
Specially after seeing those cool wall-run stunts. Very difficult to perform though. And if those are not, check out the K Styling.
A drawback-the entire game is like, kinda made-for-males. When you see the game, you get to know. Honestly, do girls wear clothes like *that* in the middle of *combat*?!?! :huh:
The games a clear winner :P
-regards,
ultrabot90
IPB Image
Et tu, Deathdude? Iron Maiden roxor teh xoxor.

#43 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:28 PM

Gunz Homepage

Gunz Homepage said:

If you haven¡¯t already heard, ijji.com will be hosting the new North American GunZ server and community! The new GunZ will be holding a closed beta Test Service from in late October so that GunZ International fans can preview the new Gunz and provide feedback on things that should be added and things that should be fixed.

Come to ijji.com and experience what the new Gunz is all about! Learn about all the new items and weapons that are unavailable in the International version! Experience the new Quest and Duel Modes!

Also, check out what we¡¯ve got planned for the full ijji Gunz service and let us know what you think! Experience GunZ: The Duel, the way it was meant to be played, with Quest Mode, Duel Match Mode and upgraded Clan functions.

The new ijji Gunz service means a new game, new IDs and a new beginning. Reserve your GunzID by participating in the Closed Beta Test Service! Be one of the first to try out GunZ on the North American server! Experience better latency and take advantage of the opportunity to provide feedback for the new service!

In order to enable Beta Testers to see all of the new GunZ, we have accelerated the XP and bounty systems so that Testers can level up and earn money faster. Unfortunately, this means that we will have to reset the Test accounts at the end of the Closed Beta. However, we will be preserving your ID¡¯s, so be sure to reserve your ID by participating as a Closed Beta Tester!

See you all at www.ijji.com Inin late October! The exact starting date will be announced soon.

ijji

ijji said:

It has been about 3 weeks since we made our first announcement about ijji GunZ.  We know that you are all very excited and are anticipating the release of GunZ on ijji.com.  Due to technical difficulties, and our desire to provide a perfect service/game, we will be pushing back the closed beta date of GunZ to November 8th

During the Closed Beta period we will be holding some great promotions for current GunZ users. We have plenty of promotions planned for the service of GunZ: The Duel.  I would like to announce a few of them right now.  

During the Closed Beta period, the top 3 ranked users will win a great video card (Geforce 7900 GT, or equivalent).  Also, while participating in our closed beta, if you have at least one character which clears level 10, you will be eligible for a drawing for a chance to win a video card.  (5 winners - Geforce 7800 GT, or equivalent)

We will also have a promotion where you can reserve your GunZ Game ID. During the closed beta period, all players who are ranked 100 and above will receive the privilege of reserving their game ID. Remember! The Highest ranking players will have a chance to select their Game ID first.  So play hard (and a lot!) during the closed beta and prove that you are one of the best so you can reserve your GunZ Game ID.

Once again, we will be resetting all user data after the closed beta.  

Stay tuned, Gunz is coming soon!
So you might want to change the download links or note that for North Americans it is through ijji. It requires signing up for ijji, which is easy and nice because they offer tons of games, all of which are free. This past weekend has been a closed beta, and let me tell you it is promising.
IPB Image

#44 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

Back to my point, there have been major changes for the players in North America. Also the more you play the more likely you are to find people who abuse glitches of the game to such an extent they seem to be hacking. Unless you too master this art of exploitation(which I can barely do and I'm not bad) you will eventually stop playing because the chances of beating other people who do this becomes so hard.
IPB Image

#45 chainsoar

chainsoar

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:35 AM

I tried Gunz for a while, I didn't like it much because there are too many whiners, showoffs and cheaters. And cheating showoffs who whine if they lose. Also it wasn't very fun, cheaters or not. I'll stick with soldat.

Reply to this topic