115 replies to this topic

#31 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:39 PM

I think metal covers are generally pretty good actually. :huh: Metal music videos on the other hand yeah now there's some bad stuff. :max:

Okies AJ I can name a bunch Iced Earth, Kreator, In Flames, Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Sympothy X, Sonata Artica, and many more. :P

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#32 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

This is what I'm listening to on my brother's old record player.

Teh WTF!

Posted Image

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#33 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:47 PM

A. J. Raffles, on Jan 2 2006, 11:34 PM, said:

BeefontheBone, on Jan 2 2006, 10:33 PM, said:

Yeah, it's a shot of the jumpsuity thing she's wearing on the sleeve photos, and the first album is a shot of that pink feather boa.
Obviously you've been paying clothes attention...:max:
I used to have a huge crush on her, actually, when I first started listening to music properly (Version 2.0 was the first CD I ever bought, and is still a favourite) - I have great memories of listening to Garbage whilst making a mosaic in the school art block for the entrance to the swimming pool they built on half our playing fields (some muppet also managed to put one bit in the wrong way around, deforming the poor merman whose tail it was supposed to be). In fact, I wrote some French coursework about Shirley Manson(we had to write about a famous person we liked, and I had no better ideas).

@DD: Whiskey in the Jar, anyone? *shudders* How on earth did they get away with that much blatant misogyny?
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#34 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

A. J. Raffles, on Jan 2 2006, 10:28 PM, said:

Dvoe, on Jan 2 2006, 10:10 PM, said:

Iron Maiden is one of maybe 30 or 40 bands that I follow closely. :huh:
It sure feels like it's Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden, Dream Theatre and Iron Maiden, though... What are the other 28 or 38, then, if you don't mind my asking?:P

Ensiferum, Metallica, Opeth, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Iced Earth, Gamma Ray, Nevermore, Kamelot, Bruce Dickinson, Sevendust, Wintersun, Falkenbach, Ulver, Kreator, Elvenking, Fintroll, Agalloch, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Sonata Arctica, At the Gates, Soilwork, Demons and Wizards, Joe Satriani, Queensryche, Sepultura, Slayer, Megadeth, Nightwish, Testament, Rhapsody, Avantasia, Edguy, Hammerfall, Luca Turilli, Blind Guardian

These are my favorites, there are many more bands I listen to more casually. :max:

#35 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:52 AM

@Beef- It's pretty simple Beef actually, you see Steve Harris the bassist probably was thinking gee look what I can do with this type of graphics and the conversation went something like this.

Bruce- Alright we need an album cover for dance of death.

Steve- Already finished *shows off cover*

Bruce- You can't be bloody serious?!

Steve- Of course I am after all I'm the leader of this band.

Bruce- Bloody hell this cover is horrid.

Murray-  :max:

Bruce- Your not helping.

Gers- Uh it's not that great *Glare from Harris*  I mean I love it

Nicko- I f'ing missed it. :huh: (Joke from the song the thin line between love and hate, listen to end of it to get what I mean.)

Steve- So it's decided that's the cover we'll use.

Bruce- Your crazy Harris!

Steve- Oh and we're bringing in Kevin Shirley to produce the album too.

Bruce- Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#36 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:12 AM

@Dvoe: Very hard set. Quite not surprised, as I've been following heavy bands and in general genre for most of my life, to notice there's at least five very good Finnish bands - Wintersun, Finntroll, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish. Of these five I'm fan of Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish. And overall I we have very same kind of taste.

But to topic, I still love Metallica's Black Album. I guess I don't have to provide you a picture... :max:
...70 years... LOL

#37 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:17 AM

Unless you want to show blackness. :P

Actually Never did like the black album except for Enter Sandman, I mean compared to stuff like Master of puppets that album just didn't do it for me.

I too Juni am a big Sonata fan love their material, they are coming here february 6 I think it is and whoo can't wait. :huh:

Anyways found another rather horrid cover art for Bruce Dickinson, who's covers are actually pretty good, I kinda like his Balls to Picasso, Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding covers but this one Scream for me Brazil when I saw it I just was like what?! Oys Bruce who the heck did your cover art fire them, fire them now. :max:

Posted Image

#38 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:20 AM

Hmm, I didn't say that the Black Album was best, but I actually think it was. But it's very even fight with the other old ones.

Go see Sonata! They're superb live band!

And I agree that cover is horrid!
...70 years... LOL

#39 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:24 AM

Whoops my bad didn't mean to say that it was your fav album from metallica, sorries about that.  :max:

Already got tickets Juni, Dvoe and myself we're going to the show, going to be a wicked one no doubt. :huh:

Yes that art is horrible ack, a zoomed in pic, then that reddish font, I mean honestly horrible horrible.

Which brings me to a quick question I want to present to you all, my first pic that I posted for Dream Theater's Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, who here thinks it's good cover art and who here thinks it's bad, interested to hear everyone's thoughts. :P

#40 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:36 AM

Don't like it. It's just mess. Suitable chaos in cover isn't bad thing, but that is pure mess.
...70 years... LOL

#41 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:52 AM

BeefontheBone, on Jan 2 2006, 11:28 PM, said:

I never really understood that Pink Floyd cover, but it's a neat photograph.
It's a guy who's shaking hand to himself(on fire)...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#42 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

Juni Ori, on Jan 3 2006, 07:12 AM, said:

@Dvoe: Very hard set. Quite not surprised, as I've been following heavy bands and in general genre for most of my life, to notice there's at least five very good Finnish bands - Wintersun, Finntroll, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish. Of these five I'm fan of Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish. And overall I we have very same kind of taste.

But to topic, I still love Metallica's Black Album. I guess I don't have to provide you a picture... :max:
Right on :huh: I'm going to be seeing Sonata Arctica live on Feb. 4, will be an incredible show!

And yes, Metallica's Black Album is a classic album for the ages. Sad But True, The Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam, Nothing Else Matters, The God That Failed, My Friend of Misery...all classics in my mind.

And to finish off I've always loved this Stratovarius album cover:

Edit: This one's only 14 instead of 72 KB; hope you don't mind - AJ
Posted Image

Edited by A. J. Raffles, 04 January 2006 - 07:02 AM.

#43 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:20 AM

Can't forget this classic cover art, yes I know it's maiden so hush. :max:

Posted Image

#44 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:15 AM

@Dvoe: Thanks for reminding me of tha Strato cover! I love it!
...70 years... LOL

#45 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:25 PM

Indeed wicked cover. :max: