Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention that.

#47 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

Joe, AGS is uber easy to learn so if you have time......... However map help is just as good. @ Strogs its a similar set up 2 LITN but I have 3rd person scenes too.
Me>You

#48 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

Update:

Added a few new rooms which are mainly adjoining corridors. I don't have the required background shots to continue working on the laptop so work will stop until tommorow. Tommorow I will be adding few final corridors and close up shots of Block A before I start 'decorating' the canteen in Ued and after thats done and dusted I'll move onto block B. At the back of block B the player discovers their first major clue to as of what is going on... and thats when the fun begins. Well at least thats the plan :)
Me>You

#49 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

Media Update:

Backgrounds -
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Character -
Posted Image

Me>You

#50 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

The character's arms look a little too short (or maybe he's just got REALLY long legs), but otherwise those screenshots look very nice.:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#51 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

Looks very nice the screenshots, liking the look of the environments, I don't why the character reminds me of The Sims character models. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#52 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:30 PM

Mmm.... repetitious textures...

I like it!  :)

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#53 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:26 AM

DeathDude, on Jan 22 2006, 11:21 PM, said:

Looks very nice the screenshots, liking the look of the environments, I don't why the character reminds me of The Sims character models. :)
I wonder why.... :angel:  :lol:

That is what it is, custom meshes N skins off TSR. Although I gotta animate from scratch. Original authors will of course be contacted and credited. :P

Glad everybody has nice things to say. :P
Me>You

#54 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:25 AM

Those shots are lovely - very gritty atmosphere.   :)

Excellent work.  

:angel:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#55 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

Mini-Update:

Over the last two days I've been approached by both a composer and a sprite artist. Hopefully both relations will develop into efficient workable situations that produce the required content. I don't know either person personally and as such I don't know how reliable they will prove to be. However, I can be optimistic :)

Tis good news that people are showing interest in the project :angel:

Note: I updated the first post with a brief overview of the project.
Me>You

#56 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:46 PM

That's excellent news. Good luck.:)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#57 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

Good stuff dude, hope they help out well with the project.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#58 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:10 PM

As do I.

For now I'm progressing quite nicely on my own. Managed to start work on a newish area. Backroom of the canteen. What I've done is the equivalant of 7/8 backgrounds and I've only half finished. I'll finish up the rest of this area tommorow. I might look into some programming aspects instead though. Works being done and thats all that matters :)
Me>You

#59 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

Sean, on Jan 24 2006, 04:15 PM, said:

Over the last two days I've been approached by both a composer and a sprite artist. Hopefully both relations will develop into efficient workable situations that produce the required content. I don't know either person personally and as such I don't know how reliable they will prove to be. However, I can be optimistic :angel:
That's brillian Sean, I'm really pleased to hear that.   :lol:

I got my fingers crossed for you.   :)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#60 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

Haven't heard back from the composer but I'll contact him again when I acutally need him and see if he can offer his services. Been bounceing messages about with the sprite artist and I've seen a few drafted pieces which are quite impressive. However, he doesn't have much time to dedicate to the project and as such I doubt I'll have anything to show for at least a few weeks. Good stuff so far and I've realized that this game is actually going to be finished. Nice thing to know :)
Me>You