9 replies to this topic

#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:39 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:14 PM

It looked interesting, I downloaded it nice and quick, couldnt get it to load first time, ran the graphics setup file then it worked fine.

First battle (cba to read any documentation), I moved the mouse, the sword swings, i move the keyboard, i can look indifferent directions and walk forwards, then i run and swing my sword at my opponent (multiple times) while chasing him around in circles.

Result: VICTORY after what looked like a bloody blow to the neck.

Time to see what me moolah can buy me, check out the tavern, ok drunk person says i almost died, hurray, go to the smith, hmm great range, 3 whole new different items in each category, bought a shiny helmet.

Next Fight, gasp an enemy gladiator in more powerful armour, dont move and just swinging sword crazily

Result: VICTORY

bought more crap, dude at tavern said that i almost died (again). Proceeded to next fight.

Dude in more armour, swing sword result victory blah blah blah Zzzzzzz. Waiting to see what happens when i lose, fight next opponent, in even more shinier armour, i almost pass out of boredom, then he starts running towards me, then away, then back towards me as i barely brush my mouse, after praying that god would smite me soon the gladiator finally managed to kill me, i lost the fight, options, proceed to next fight, win more money, get enough money to buy a sturdy rope, go to the top of the coliseum, tie rope securly round a post and then other end around my neck and jump off.

Quit Game, drag zip file and all files related to Forge Folder, send Forge folder to recylce bin, empty recycle bin.

This game gives a whole new meaning to "sucks donkey balls"

#3 JimmyJ

JimmyJ

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:44 AM

Thats kinda rough.......I think of this game as a time waster, not a waste of time :D

#4 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:07 PM

Sharp, on Nov 16 2005, 09:14 PM, said:

It looked interesting, I downloaded it nice and quick, couldnt get it to load first time, ran the graphics setup file then it worked fine.

First battle (cba to read any documentation), I moved the mouse, the sword swings, i move the keyboard, i can look indifferent directions and walk forwards, then i run and swing my sword at my opponent (multiple times) while chasing him around in circles.

Result: VICTORY after what looked like a bloody blow to the neck.

Time to see what me moolah can buy me, check out the tavern, ok drunk person says i almost died, hurray, go to the smith, hmm great range, 3 whole new different items in each category, bought a shiny helmet.

Next Fight, gasp an enemy gladiator in more powerful armour, dont move and just swinging sword crazily

Result: VICTORY

bought more crap, dude at tavern said that i almost died (again). Proceeded to next fight.

Dude in more armour, swing sword result victory blah blah blah Zzzzzzz. Waiting to see what happens when i lose, fight next opponent, in even more shinier armour, i almost pass out of boredom, then he starts running towards me, then away, then back towards me as i barely brush my mouse, after praying that god would smite me soon the gladiator finally managed to kill me, i lost the fight, options, proceed to next fight, win more money, get enough money to buy a sturdy rope, go to the top of the coliseum, tie rope securly round a post and then other end around my neck and jump off.

Quit Game, drag zip file and all files related to Forge Folder, send Forge folder to recylce bin, empty recycle bin.

This game gives a whole new meaning to "sucks donkey balls"
:D

i have to agree. sorry

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#5 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

Look at it this way... it makes other games look better :D

#6 wardrich

wardrich

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:19 PM

Yeah, I'll agree that the game is kind of lacking.  But the concept is cool.  In the hands of professional (and funded) game developers, the mouse-to-swing idea has a lot of potential.

#7 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:06 PM

Never heard of Die By The Sword? This country-fellow of mine has done quite a bunch of plagiates, which isn't bad thing, as far as he's doing them freeware. Perhaps he one day will be doing some heavily funded übergame of all ages. :huh:
...70 years... LOL

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:24 PM

Only time will tell indeed.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#9 punch999

punch999

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

You have to understand this was the first game by Ville. His other games (Except bikez 2) Are masterpieces.

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

Well, I wouldn't call them masterpieces, but I admit there are some good ones.
...70 years... LOL

Reply to this topic