10 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:08 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

#2 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:17 PM

Looks interesting.. I'll give it a shot if my computer is good enough to run it.

And just a little off topic.. I'd be really keen on reviewing a game or two, but is there a thread like on abandonia where there are games without reviews. If there is, could someone please show me the way, or if there isn't, I'd like to review a game..

#3 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:19 PM

http://www.reloaded....p?showtopic=116

Yo!

#4 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:38 PM

Hey Monopoly Systems, MS, thats great.

Looks like an interesting game, might give it a whizz later but would like to see what people who have played think of it.

#5 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:49 PM

Well, here is my verdict: :blink:

Now this is interesting. A Tux RPG. The game is still a Beta, but runs very well and has a lot of features already. The music in the game has a very fitting sci-fi techno theme, and there is also speech included. The speech-downside is that there's only speech for the shortest sentences at the moment, and the fact that the voice-actors doesn't have very clear pronounciation, making it difficult to make out what they are saying. However, each dialogue is also written down on the screen, but, alas, the text on the screen is not the same as what the actors say. Thus you can easily be confused from time to time (although you would still get the general idea of what's going on). Being a Beta, FreeDroid RPG has its share of glitches. In particular the character portraits in dialogues. You'll often see that the previous person you talked to jumps in when you start a new conversation. Just for a fraction of a second. Then it goes away, and you have the correct face in front of you. Another downside are the controls. Walking is extremelly annoying from time to time. Tux will sometimes freeze on the screen (which can be a real pain, not to mention lethal, when you have a bunch of robots chasing after you...). It's also extremelly difficult to walk in tight spaces. To make the walking even harder, the different city-designs are mazes. There is no clear path in a city, and you have to walk through rooms to get to new corridors. It's extremelly confusing. It's also difficult to interact with items (like chests). You sometimes have to click several times before Tux actually opens the damn thing, but hey.. no real biggie. One thing I really like in the game, is that your Tux-sprite changes depending on his inventory. There are still lots of inventory-items that need their own graphics, but all in all a lovely game.

Yo!

#6 troop18546

troop18546

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:25 PM

Wow, the game is finally up. Nice job fellas.
Is it my soul?
Is it that glimpse of light? I never forget to expect.
Or is it you? Some kind of angel.
That keeps me in waiting forever?

#7 ElGringo79

ElGringo79

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:49 AM

Very much like Diablo 2 in gameplay. The flaws mentioned above make FreeDroid RPG inferior to Diablo 2 in playability, and Diablo 2 has better animation, but I actually like this game better because of the lighter atmosphere. How cool is it to send a war-hardened penguin into battle?

#8 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

this game sucks and will until someone fixes the technical problems. i have  a computer that should be able to run a game of this quality, but  it was so choppy, i quit in the first 10 minutes
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#9 Guest_DeadSomething_*

Guest_DeadSomething_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

i played it about a year ago and it was great, until well, until it got too hard very soon at the beginning.

i hope they changed a lot since i last played it.

#10 Guest_th3f34r_*

Guest_th3f34r_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

i downloaded this game about 2 weeks ago. i have found a new favorite. even though the nav system glitches sometimes, its still a winner.

#11 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

Glad you're enjoying it, th3f34r  :P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

Reply to this topic