DeathDude's Content

There have been 344 items by DeathDude (Search limited from 22-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49961 Recent Movie/music Buys

Posted by DeathDude on 16 May 2007 - 02:10 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Megadeth- United Abominations Their newest album came out today and so far as I listen to the album as I type this it is incredible. A superb followup to their last album The System has Failed, this album reminds me a bit of their classic album Rust in Peace, combined with a bit of Countdown to Extinction album, Dave Mustaine has done it again, solid job by the new band mates too Shawn and Glen Drover and James Lomenzo.

#49963 Humourous Videos

Posted by DeathDude on 16 May 2007 - 02:16 AM in Forum Guidelines

A second transmission from Ziltoid the Omniscient, another funny clip, and cannot wait for this album, shame it got delayed till the 5th of June now I got to buy this album and the new Kamelot and Dream Theater album that day, ahh wells will be a most excellent day.  :P

#49976 Xg Arena

Posted by DeathDude on 17 May 2007 - 05:04 PM in Games on Reloaded

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

#50013 Happy Birthday Flop!

Posted by DeathDude on 19 May 2007 - 02:33 PM in Forum Guidelines

Happy Birthday Flop! Hope ya have a great day.  ;)  :party:  :P

#50101 Music Videos

Posted by DeathDude on 21 May 2007 - 05:09 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

New track off the new Dream Theater album due out June 5th! same day as another great band Kamelot, this is The Dark Eternal Night, shot in the studio.

Dream Theater - The Dark Eternal Night

#50102 Starcraft Ii Announced!

Posted by DeathDude on 21 May 2007 - 05:13 PM in Your Favorite Games & Commercial Software

It might, depending on how Blizzard feels about the product, they'll do it in their own time, so could be this year, another year, 3 years etc, and don't think Blizzard will push the requirements too high, they generally don't do it with most of their games.

#50111 Best Live Videos

Posted by DeathDude on 21 May 2007 - 09:34 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Time for some Nevermore, a clip from Wacken 2006, this if Final Product, a killer song off their last album.

Nevermore - Final Product (Live)

#50127 Quick Question

Posted by DeathDude on 21 May 2007 - 11:56 PM in Forum Guidelines

There are tons of freeware games out there that are really quite good, just like any form of media ya just gotta look around, and do some research always will be some bad ones and good ones.

Here are some awesome ones though that we have here.

Alien Arena 2007

A Game With A Kitty 1 and 2

Apprentice 1 and 2

Ark 22

Beats of Rage

Chick Chaser

Clouds Kingdom 3

Columns X

Commando

Dragon Ninja Sage

Duty & Beyond

Eternal Daughter

Final Fantasy VII: The Dark Cloud

Final Fighter

FooBillard

FreeCiv

Frozen Bubble

Game That Takes Place On A Cruise Ship

Ghostbusters

Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe

Jessica Plunkenstein: The Düsseldorf Conspiracy

Kapitan Binarny

Kings Quest 1, 2, 3, Remakes

Knytt

Lost in the Nightmare

Lost Valley

Machines of Destruction

Megabot

Minigolf Maniacs

Mind's Eye

Neo Sonic Universe

New Satan Sam

No Action Jackson

Pleurghburg: Dark Ages

Prodigal

Outbound

Reactor 09

Robocop 2D and its Sequel

Spooks

Star Wars: The Battle of Endor and The Battle of Yavin

Tango Strike

TORCS - The Open Racing Car Simulator

Victory Road

Warsow

Within A Deep Forest

Bunch that came to mind, plenty more that I missed, but tried to pick out some of the lesser known titles that aren't too well known.

#50128 Music Videos

Posted by DeathDude on 21 May 2007 - 11:59 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Lets really change it up, some Australian Power Metal, from the guys of Black Majesty, off their album Silent Company, this is the title track.

Black Majesty - Silent Company

#50183 Best Live Videos

Posted by DeathDude on 22 May 2007 - 04:21 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Lets go with some recent Black Sabbath, from their first show this year, at Vancouver, and a newly recorded song from the recently released compilation of tracks called Black Sabbath: The Dio Years, this is Ear in the Wall.

Black Sabbath - Ear in the Wall (Live in Vancouver)

#50185 Quick Question

Posted by DeathDude on 22 May 2007 - 04:38 PM in Forum Guidelines

Yeah graphics it seems will always make an impression, but ya gotta keep an open mind, even if a game has not so great graphics does not mean its a crappy game, you will miss out on a lot of games.

Perfect example, the wii is beating the ps3 and 360 in terms of sales for the last 6 months, this is a system that is considered graphically inferior to the other two, but look while the graphics for some games are not the best, it has fun games and can deliever.

The same is for freeware games, there are a lot of gems that don't have great graphics, maybe its because the developer isn't a great artist, or whatever the reason is.

Think until you actually tackle making a freeware game, best not to be so harsh, then you will realize its not an easy process to make a game (and not just any ol game, but something that could be considered "quality" or would have some sort of redeeming quality.

As for adventure games, we have drastically reduced our number for the last number of months, yeah a few pop up every now and then, but heres an observation, look at its visitor page numbers and downloads over a week, compared to other genres of games that go up, in a lot of cases, the adventure numbers actually go up quite quickly, so that is to say there is an audience here that likes those sorts of games. Anyways we try to put up whatever comes up, I myself have moved to more puzzle games as of late, but again if you want to see change, write one up.

#50192 Quick Question

Posted by DeathDude on 22 May 2007 - 07:04 PM in Forum Guidelines

Trust me, we do that sort of thing here. But at the same time, everyone has different opinions on what makes a game great and what makes one crappy. My definition of a great game probably is much different than yours especially when it comes to freeware.

And how do you know they put in 15 mins of time into it? Art is not everyones forte, like I said earlier, sometimes people can't get help on a game, or they want to try out a project themselves, then later on for another project, get help. Sometimes its better for certain games to have a certain graphical style, like for example _r.u.s.s examples of good and bad graphics, I disagree personally that James Peris has bad graphics, I think its a unique style for an adventure game, that works. Another example, Jessica Plunkenstein, graphics aren't that fabulous, but play the game and its honestly one of the best adventure games I have played, in the freeware community, fabulous writing, voice work, and just all around humour that is not always present.

My main point is simply, everyone has differing interests, we can't please everyone, and there is a ton of subjectivity around when it comes to games, just keep an open mind, don't close it off, and least give credit to some freeware developers, they are making games, in their own free time, sometimes when they have demanding jobs, families, etc, and sometimes paying out of their own pockets in most cases to host that game on their site.

Not all freeware developers are like this, but I think a lot of the times, its easy to bunch some developers, based on how a game looks, without knowing the full story of how the game came to be made. :P

#50262 Quick Question

Posted by DeathDude on 24 May 2007 - 12:14 AM in Forum Guidelines

Think Japofan basically summarized what I was pretty much going to say just now. ;) But just to add my points anyway.

This site is not dying, despite what ya may think. Yes the forum has been quite quiet this last while, but it happens to a lot of places, and indeed lot of our active posters have not been around, but we are still updating the main page, as often as we can.

I myself sometimes try to start up topics from time to time, but I also have been quite busy with a new job, keep in mind there is only so much for the crew here to do, we have real lives and our own obligations, we aren't 24-7 around AR, we do our best and strive to make the site as best as we can, but again we're only human.

As said before as well, don't think ya should generalize as much, yeah your opinion of what makes a good game, differs it seems and thats fine, but take a look around, I know plenty of freeware sites, where there are similar numbers in other genres, some loaded in adventures, other in space shooters, others in action games, again it depends on the reviews coming in, and if thats adventures so be it, if ya want it to change, review something else, plain and simple or suggest new games in the request forum.

There is still plenty of room for this site to grow, together with the community, and yes we listen to suggestions that come through, so we just gotta work together, be understanding, and this site will continue to grow even bigger and better, as the time goes on. :P

#50317 6 Days A Sacrifice

Posted by DeathDude on 26 May 2007 - 12:34 AM in Games on Reloaded

Spoilers

I believe its the room next to where that guy was put in his prison cell, where you have to go, not sure if its the room to the right or left, but believe once ya enter one of those rooms, might have to go in through another door too, she should be there.

#50356 Music Videos

Posted by DeathDude on 27 May 2007 - 04:08 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

From the new album, United Abominations, this is the new version of the 1994 classic, A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) with Cristina from Lacuna Coil providing extra Vocals.

Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)

#50357 Recent Movie/music Buys

Posted by DeathDude on 27 May 2007 - 04:12 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Vanden Plas - Christ Some new progressive metal for me, a german progressive metal band that has been around since the 80's, this is their latest album a concept album based on the story of The Counte of Monte Cristo, very superb, almost like a Dream Theater sound, but different, hard to describe but damn good.

#50458 Tai's Reloaded Contributions

Posted by DeathDude on 01 June 2007 - 12:38 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Congrats on the As Tai, awesome job, knew ya would score high.  ;)

I remember ya sending me that piccie on msn too, aways back and like said before, think it looks really good, and just quite unique, very nifty work.  :P

#50465 Best Live Videos

Posted by DeathDude on 01 June 2007 - 02:14 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

An awesome in studio clip of Devin Townsend performing the classic song Earth Day from Terria.

Devin Townsend - Earth Day (Live in Studio)

#50475 Dungeon Runners

Posted by DeathDude on 01 June 2007 - 11:55 PM in Game & Software Requests

Hmm don't think this would qualify completely as freeware, as the membership benefits some of which are necessary in order to get far, especially the access to more powerful weapons and bank vault, fraid this would be a no go alas. :P Interesting find though.

#50545 Recent Movie/music Buys

Posted by DeathDude on 06 June 2007 - 01:00 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos Finally the day has come, been eagerly anticipating this album, along with Kamelot's new album, Devin Townsends and to a lesser extent Sonata Arcticas (Unfortunately of the 4, this was the only one that managed to make it to the place where I went to buy it, what luck. ;))

Anyways I was really hoping that the guys of Dream Theater could pull off something big, and they did it, I've listened to the album twice and already its grown on me, every track on the album seems to fit in nicely, this is a stellar album from them, and glad they managed to really put out an album for the ages, superb work by the guys. :P This is definitely going to be in my top 3 favourite Dream Theater albums, also the bonus dvd on the making of the disc and a 5.1 mix of the album, all for 15.99, made this a well worth it purchase.

#50618 Best Live Videos

Posted by DeathDude on 09 June 2007 - 03:54 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Some Black Majesty, Silent Company, performed live, a superb track.

Black Majesty - Silent Company (Live in Espy, Melbourne)

#50621 Penumbra

Posted by DeathDude on 09 June 2007 - 04:55 PM in Games on Reloaded

Which are actually out right now. :P Just recently released I believe.

#50653 Penumbra

Posted by DeathDude on 13 June 2007 - 11:22 PM in Games on Reloaded

Yeah its got the fear factor going for it, this game, especially with some of the creatures, but its probably in the medium scare region, much more scarier games out there.

#50665 Omedetou Gozaimasu Juni Ori!

Posted by DeathDude on 14 June 2007 - 12:36 AM in Forum Guidelines

Happy Birthday Juni!  :P

#50687 Site Down-ness

Posted by DeathDude on 14 June 2007 - 04:15 AM in Important Announcements

Oh yeah, will be nice to have ze speed back. :P