What are Cookies
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about Cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
When you visit our Website or those of our Merchants or Partners, we may set and access certain Cookies on your computer. They enable us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
• speed up your searches
• recognize you when you return to our Website or third party websites we work with
• provide sales and website statistics to Merchants we work with, and
• provide you with content which might be of interest to you when you visit our website or third party sites we work with.
• Provide content that may be of interest to you when you visit our site and for future functionality of that type.
Types of Cookie
There are four main types of cookie generally used on websites:
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, they may be used to remember your account details and personal preferences, or provide services you have asked for such as rating a review or sharing via social media. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Performance Cookies: These Cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These Cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Ad targeting cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
The Cookies we use
Abovo Media and the third parties listed below may set and access any of the following cookies when you visit different parts of our site or third party publishers with whom we partner. The purpose for setting and accessing these Cookies is listed next to the description of the Cookie below.
• Abovo Media - strictly necessary where Abovo Media sets various tags and cookies that enable the site to function properly. These cookies are named after the website in question.
• Google Analytics - is used specifically to generate statistics regarding traffic and traffic sources on websites and to measure conversions and sales. To turn off, see https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881.
• Google Event Tracking - Tracks events that occur on the page and enables us to see data in Google Analytics. For more information, see http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
• Facebook - Used to log in and create users on the service through the user's Facebook account. Not all sites use the full Facebook functionality.
• Revive Adserver - We use an advertising platform to post banners and other advertisements on the web page. In order to track events about these, cookies are used.
• Google Adsense - This cookie allows the display of adverts which are relevant to you and your interests. For more information, see http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
• Vbulletin - Certain forum functions are linked to third party software that uses its own set of cookies in order to function properly.
How to Disable Cookies
Want to know more?