48 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:21 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:43 PM

Easy controls? LOL

I must be stupid, cause I had huge problems with the controls, never pulled off a single "super-attack" :blink:

Yo!

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

Hmm, is there a particular reason why all but four of the screenshots have DEMO stamped across them? I mean, this is a freeware game, right?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:03 PM

http://lf2.net/download_en2.html

It says:

Little Fighter 2 is free! If you really like it, you might support us by buying a Davis Action Figure.

Which gives me the impression that it's free :blink:

As for the demo stamp, I'm not really certain, but it's why I looked it up when I prepped. Unfortunately, I couldn't just dump the screens with the stamp, as there weren't enough left if I had done so.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#5 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:06 PM

I suspect they will have been taken in a demonstration mode (like the game showing itself off) rather than a demo version of the game.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:28 PM

BeefontheBone, on Nov 30 2005, 11:06 PM, said:

I suspect they will have been taken in a demonstration mode (like the game showing itself off) rather than a demo version of the game.
Ah, OK. That just had me confused for a moment. :blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:59 AM

Actually that does sound like a logical explanation never would've thought about that.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 JimmyJ

JimmyJ

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:08 AM

I rate it a 5.  Glad its been put on here!

#9 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:13 AM

:blink:

dang... you know i never did notice that the screens had DEMO marked all over them  LOL

but yeah they were taken in DEMO mode.... its kinda hard to take screenshots while trying to stay alive.

and tom i really never did have any problems with the controls. i have been playing beat em ups since im like 7 or 8 though ;)
whenever the street fighter 2 arcade game came out

edit:
wait i never said "easy" controls... i said responsive controls... the specials arnt that easy to get off but if you do it right then they will work

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#10 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:50 AM

its kinda hard to take screenshots while trying to stay alive.
I had that problem with Torus Trooper yesterday - solved it by getting Irfanview to take a screenshot on its own every few seconds. Unfortunately that meant I had to clear out a load of boring ones afterward :blink:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#11 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:58 PM

I have this game.. Have had it for a long time now. It's a blast over the internet. And to Tom Henrik, you need a lot of practice to pull them off. you need to do them really quick during the block or what ever..

#12 Exile

Exile

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

if i might correct a wrong in the review DakaSha made.

there is a female character, if u want to play it, and other additional characters
just type lf2.net on the screen where it say start game.

and tom henrik and potatoe, sorry if i am being rude or something, but i really don't understand how you guys cannot use ''supermoves'' first of all, these aren't supermoves, they are plain, normal attack moves every character has, if u want real devastation, go scour the internet for mods, my current favorite is the r-lf2 mod, you should try it

PS: i really am sorry for being rude or offensive, or maybe even breaking some forum rules (first post, forgot to read rules!) if i did anything of the above, i apologize, i really enjoy abandonia, and would never do anything to harm it
Open the door! are u exiling me or something?

#13 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:38 PM

yeah but thats a mod isnt it? if its a mod then it isnt part of the official game meaning that there are no females

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:41 PM

Actually from what Exile typed it looks like all you have to do is type what he put down in order to get female characters, so no mod technically.

#15 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:48 PM

just read up on it... its a cheat.

i guess somebody could change the review

Posted Image

Reply to this topic