187 replies to this topic

#1 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:30 PM

50 Cent has recently released a video game starring himself and says that parents should buy the game for their kids despite being rated 'mature' for blood, gore and sexual themes. He claims that parents can use the game as a "teaching tool". Teach kids what? How to deal crack and viciously murder gang members? :blink: Anyways, What do you think of this article?

http://news.yahoo.co...HNlYwN5bmNhdA--

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:35 PM

Hmm, the only good thing about that that I can think of is that if parents buy the game for their children, telling them it's educational and they're going to learn something by playing it, the children won't touch it.:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:37 PM

Nevermind the violence but I think parents have other things to spend their money for...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:45 PM

Heh great to hear that music artists no licensing games and on top of that encourging them to be like him, sigh learning he says whateva. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:49 PM

Possibly they'll learn what a cruel life we live - the game's aparentely not that good.

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:36 AM

Hopefully it's not good, honestly first 50 cent comes out with a movie and now a game, how he is still big here is beyond my understanding.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:30 PM

Dear Dr. Cent,

Thank you for your insight regarding the suitability of 50 Cent: Bulletproof for my child.  As always, your extensive experience in the field of child psychology shows in your every word.  I wanted to let you know that you were absolutely right.  I bought the game and used it as a teching tool as you described.  After two weeks, my seven-year-old is able to "pop a cap" in the head of a rival gang member from thirty yards with the slightest twitch of his fingers.  He has lately begun expressing an interest in joining a street gang himself, so I have another question:  Which handgun is most suitable for a seven-year-old?  I'm looking for something with minimal recoil, of course, since his hands are small, but he will also need a model with reasonable stopping power for those firefights with the "pigs."  All of his "homies" (he's so adorable when he uses slang!) are telling him to get a "Glock," but I don't even know what that means.  Please help!

Sincerely,
South Central Soccer Mom
Today is a good day for pie.

#8 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:58 PM

:blink:

Oh my God! I just can't stop laughing! ;) LOL

Yo!

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

:blink: nice dude very nice, that was good stuff.LOL

#10 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:06 PM

as much as i dislike 50 cents music myself i think you guys are overdoing it... the guy DID grow up in a ghetto... yeah... the statement was dumb but when you actually grow up with all that crap you arn't going to think that a silly game is harmful.

and when it comes to the slang that you seem to find so stupid... same thing... when you grow up gettin your @$$ whooped for not talking like that then you tend to start using the lingo and its everything but stupid. also the mans makin 25 million a year talkin like that so i cant really blaim him.

50 cent isnt as dumb as you might think... he knows exactly what hes doing and i bet hes a pretty good father too. watch an interview with him (if possible not on Mtv) and try not to be biased... youll see that the guy is quite normal.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:26 PM

DakaSha, on Nov 23 2005, 04:06 PM, said:

and when it comes to the slang that you seem to find so stupid... same thing... when you grow up gettin your backside whooped for not talking like that then you tend to start using the lingo and its everything but stupid. also the mans makin 25 million a year talkin like that so i cant really blaim him.
Daka, I think you misunderstood FPJ's joke. If anything, he was making fun of "South Central Soccer Mum" - for whom it would be rather inappropriate to use that slang.

50 cent isnt as dumb as you might think... he knows exactly what hes doing and i bet hes a pretty good father too. watch an interview with him (if possible not on Mtv) and try not to be biased... youll see that the guy is quite normal.
Who said he was dumb? Obviously he's clever enough to make a lot of money out of this gangster-posing.

#12 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:30 PM

To be fair, it's not as much posing for him as some people - he HAS been shot 9 times or something. In fact, that's 6 times more than the guy who was killed after watching the film in a cinema last month.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#13 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:31 PM

nah what i said wasnt focused at what FPJ said... it just seems like everybody thinks the guys a retard... and i just dont think he is.... even thouh his music is crap LOL

edit: and yeah like beef says... its not really posing for him... mabye showing off but not really posing :blink:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

Yup 9 times, former drug dealer, basically has glorified the gangsta life style through his music, oh well least I'm glad his movie bombed in theaters. :blink:

#15 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:36 PM

DakaSha, on Nov 23 2005, 04:31 PM, said:

nah what i said wasnt focused at what FPJ said... it just seems like everybody thinks the guys a retard... and i just dont think he is.... even thouh his music is crap LOL

edit: and yeah like beef says... its not really posing for him... mabye showing off but not really posing :blink:
It's still posing, because obviously he's not a gangster/drug-dealer/pimp now, is he?

Nine times? He must make a damn easy target...;)