74 replies to this topic

#61 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

Well Wired news wrote about it recently (2 days ago)

#62 win98

win98

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:56 AM

skyroads remake

#63 ThatSino!

ThatSino!

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:30 AM

Hmmm........  I'm a Warhammer 40,000 player, so I beleave it would be fun as heck to have a (listen to this) Mechwarrior 2 style game with the Titans.

#64 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:36 AM

I would make a ''life'' simulation game wherby you are a normal person that can pursue a number of jobs Soldier,Police,Pilot,Driver etc and each different job would be a seperate expansion pack but would all connect to the main hub which would be a GTA style free roam city where you ''live'' a normal life, until you purse a career.

Im weird.. I know.
Me>You

#65 ThatSino!

ThatSino!

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

.......... I have no clue how to describe that, Magic. Sell it to Will Wright & Maxis, you'll be a millionare.

#66 win98

win98

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:33 AM

I have had a think about it and my game would be you chose what your guy liooked like eg hair sex all that chose your job started at the age 20 vand died at like 88 so it is a relistic life sim you could choses to have a car or not what type as well and you could make friends with people and it would randomly every month you could chose the time speed you wopuld have a crisi or something good hapening you could get things like car insurince and buy a house and funitrure

#67 EternalSpearman

EternalSpearman

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

Win98: You've just described the Sims. :)

My game (which, coincidentally, I'm working on) is an imperial military space simulation/strategy game, called Imperium Ascendancy. It's not turn-based or real-time; the entire game can be played in turn-based or real-time modes. Both are nearly identical.

It's a simplified, streamlined game, based on Dio Games' Pax Galaxia. Wars will rage across both the galactic and local supercluster maps. Starships move from star to star by a network of Ancient-built gatelinks, the only method of FTL (Faster Than Light) travel. Galaxies, in the local supercluster map, will be linked with nothing, until you can afford to construct a giant gatelink between them.

Starships range from heavy, powerful dreadnoughts to instantaneously built, darting interplanetary fighters. Combat isn't tactical; ships simply engage in a calculated battle, with modifiers based on doctrine scales*, ship types, ship numbers and facilities, to avoid micromanagement.

*Scales that represent what your nation's military doctrines and styles are. Design speed vs. design firepower, strategic adaptability vs. strategic structure, design quality vs. design cost-efficiency and personnel training vs. personnel quantity could all be examples of doctrine scales.

#68 win98

win98

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:36 AM

never played sims exept sim city going to buy it though

#69 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:36 PM

It would be an adventure game where the main character would be really evil and twisted and try to enslave humanity. I would make it as realistic and sadistic as possible (without overdoing it). Gore, sex and probably a lot of offensive material would be included. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to make the graphics for such a game, nor could I write a believable story... maybe someone else can do it for me ;-)

I just like strange (story wise) and creepy games.

Games that I really like the settings in are:

I have no mouth and I must scream
Sanitarium
Still Life
Torment
Bad Mojo

#70 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:16 PM

Mdag, on Jul 1 2005, 10:36 PM, said:

Still Life
Have you played Post Mortem?

#71 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:56 PM

Im trying to get my german version of a college degree just so i can study game design

;)

if i were to make a freeware game it would be one of these... both if it would work out:

both are set in the same world(the world comes closest to the new he-man series... but that is really an awfull description)

1. a roguelike
2. a game alot like chaos overlords except it would be more complex and larger.

i cant code so if anybody feels like being my coding slave....just PM me  :)

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#72 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

Jesus, this is a hard one. Hmm maybe a first-person RPG/Shooter/Adventure game (hey, Deus Ex did it) in a Fallout style setting, which starts off with your vault being attacked, and you're trapped inside when it locks down, with ghouls and mutants, and need to escape somehow.

Then you break out (in a couple of mission's time) and then WHAM! You're in a post apocalyptic world, with nobody around for miles and nought but some stolen weaponry and a crapped-out moped that you just found for comfort.

Needless to say, it would be a *kvetch* to make, but that's not the point.

#73 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:04 PM

Stroggy, on Jul 1 2005, 10:16 PM, said:

Mdag, on Jul 1 2005, 10:36 PM, said:

Still Life
Have you played Post Mortem?
Yeah, but it didn't appeal to me for some reason.

#74 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:18 PM

EternalSpearman, on May 30 2005, 09:24 PM, said:

Win98: You've just described the Sims. :)

My game (which, coincidentally, I'm working on) is an imperial military space simulation/strategy game, called Imperium Ascendancy. It's not turn-based or real-time; the entire game can be played in turn-based or real-time modes. Both are nearly identical.

It's a simplified, streamlined game, based on Dio Games' Pax Galaxia. Wars will rage across both the galactic and local supercluster maps. Starships move from star to star by a network of Ancient-built gatelinks, the only method of FTL (Faster Than Light) travel. Galaxies, in the local supercluster map, will be linked with nothing, until you can afford to construct a giant gatelink between them.

Starships range from heavy, powerful dreadnoughts to instantaneously built, darting interplanetary fighters. Combat isn't tactical; ships simply engage in a calculated battle, with modifiers based on doctrine scales*, ship types, ship numbers and facilities, to avoid micromanagement.

*Scales that represent what your nation's military doctrines and styles are. Design speed vs. design firepower, strategic adaptability vs. strategic structure, design quality vs. design cost-efficiency and personnel training vs. personnel quantity could all be examples of doctrine scales.
hmm im waiting for another 4X in space... moo2 was good... but the more i play it the more it actually sucks... no real strategy involved... space empires IV is nice but has its own share of problems im not even going to get into here. moo3...pff.... ascendancy nice atmosphere crappy game... pax imperia... ;)

so im really waiting for this one  ;)

(except if it is going to be really simple. when it comes to 4X in space i need a complex bastard...heh...just my taste though)

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#75 Himmler

Himmler

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

If I were to make a freeware game i would do a 3d remake of Abuse...i would love to see those demons 3d animated.. :)