#1 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:50 AM

Heyas everybody :P

With the addition of Neo Sonic Universe, Abandonia: Reloaded is now sporting a grand total of  100 games.

In celebration, we're offering you a unique opportunity to earn a prize for helping out the site like the dedicated and wonderful members you are.

Here's how it works:

Go read the Content Submission guidelines.

Then, pick a freeware game that's not up on the site (you can do a quick search on the main page to find out if it's up or not), and hasn't been claimed by somebody else (check the Games List to find out if a game has been claimed for a review).

Claim the game by posting in this topic.

Then, go write a review for your game, collect required info, and take screenshots for your game to the best of your ability by following the Content Submission guidelines.

When you're done, submit your game.

Then go claim another game, if you're up to it.

Here are the rules:
  • A submission set = Game, Review, Info, Screenshots
  • A submitted review must contain more than three paragraphs for it to count.
  • You must submit at least 6 screenshots for them to count.
  • You do not have to complete all parts of a submission set to receive a score, but it will definitely affect your score if you are missing something.
  • Each complete submission set will be judged based on quality up to a total of 10 points.
  • The score is broken down as follows: Game Quality (4 points), Review Quality (2 points), Info Quality (2 points), Screenshot Quality (2 points)
  • Game Quality will be judged based on the overall quality of the game you have chosen to review.
  • Review Quality will be judged based on writing style and correctness of information given in the review.
  • Info Quality will be judged based on completeness of information submitted, according to the requirements set forth in the Content Submission guidelines.
  • Screenshot Quality will be judged based on screen variation and interesting subjects (check the submission guidelines for tips).
  • Your total score will be the average of all of your submission sets, plus a .5 bonus for each additional submission set you turn in after your first submission set.
  • Any content submission received from now until midnight, November 15th, GMT will count towards your score.
  • Judging will take place after all submissions are in, and will be conducted by the admins and crew. The winner will be posted in this thread after midnight, November 21st, and will receive their prize within a week after the announcement.
So, basically, you have two weeks to go forth and do your best. If you have any questions, feel free to discuss them in this thread. Tom and I will be on vacation, though we'll be checking in from time to time, and participating in judging, so if you are unsure how to submit, let the crew know in this thread, and they will contact you with instructions as soon as they are able.

The Prize:

The winner of this contest will receive a $50(USD) gift certificate to the Amazon.com franchaise that services their region.

Notes:
  • If you are under the age of 13, you must have your parent or guardian's written consent to participate in this contest in order to receive your prize if you win.
  • All content submission, whether it wins or not, becomes the property of Abandonia.com as put forth in the User Agreement/Terms of Service for Abandonia.com and its affiliated sites. By participating in this contest, you state that you agree to comply with the User Agreement/Terms of Service.
  • This is a one-time-only offer. Participants in this contest should not expect to receive compensation for current, future, or past submissions to the site.
Edit:
Here's a list of entrants, and the game they're working on.
  • Abi79
    • Wulfram
  • Dakasha
    • NonItest FS
    • Little Fighter 2
    • Doom: The Roguelike
  • Frodo
    • Brainstorm (remake)
    • Lost in the Nightmare
    • Flashbax
  • RyGuy
    • Paint Ball 3 Extreme
  • Troop
    • Abuse (fRaBs (Free Abuse))
    • Freedroid RPG
  • Wendy
    • Alkis Polyrakis' Other Worlds

Edited by Kon-Tiki, 14 November 2005 - 08:02 PM.

..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#2 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:19 PM

Remember to announce the game in this topic before starting to work on it. Otherwise you might discover that someone else have claimed it while you were busy reviewing, thus making all your effort in vain. :P

Yo!

#3 SupSuper

SupSuper

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:22 PM

Can we only review games in the Games List or can we also review other freeware games?
This was brought to you by SupSuper aka Daniel Albano

#4 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:23 PM

Other freeware as well, of course. Just make sure it is freeware. Remember, the higher the quality of the game you choose, the better your score :P

#5 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:13 PM

Hmm, interesting.
Im also not under 13, so yay..
Wait.. if it 100 games, then why is the latest no. 105?
user posted image
Meep?

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:35 PM

DannyMc252, on Nov 1 2005, 05:13 PM, said:

Hmm, interesting.
Im also not under 13, so yay..
Wait.. if it 100 games, then why is the latest no. 105?
Here's the answer to all your questions. (OK, maybe not all of them, but to this one at least): link

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#7 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:59 PM

Aiee if only I didn't have such a bloody large amount of coursework.

Anyway, I'll try and get a ocuple more reviews done. I'll try and be arsed to do screenshots if I can take them in-game too.

#8 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:33 PM

Well, you need to do a whole submission to be eligible for the contest - although obviously we'll still appreciate reviews.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#9 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:35 PM

And screenshots, and maker info, and showing other, non-listed, quality freeware games :P

#10 chickenman

chickenman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

looks like no one is going to enter this :)

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:42 PM

chickenman, on Nov 2 2005, 04:35 PM, said:

looks like no one is going to enter this :bye:
Yeah, thanks for that valuable contribution.:)

#12 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:45 PM

I'll do some reviews for sure, but I don't know about the other stuff. The prize is irrelevant, I actually just want to help a bit.

#13 troop18546

troop18546

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:53 PM

I could take on "Abuse", but which version do I have to take? There are:
FrAbS (free Abuse),
AbuseWIN (Abuse for Windows),
Abuse (the original, but I cannot get any sounds with this one).
Is it my soul?
Is it that glimpse of light? I never forget to expect.
Or is it you? Some kind of angel.
That keeps me in waiting forever?

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

troop18546, on Nov 2 2005, 04:53 PM, said:

I could take on "Abuse", but which version do I have to take? There are:
FrAbS (free Abuse),
AbuseWIN (Abuse for Windows),
Abuse (the original, but I cannot get any sounds with this one).
I'm not entirely sure whether Kosta would want us to have the same version as the one on AB, but I'd say just pick whichever version looks best to you.:)

#15 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:45 PM

I'd like to start with Nomltest FS but im scared you guys wont think that the quality of the game is any good... which would bring down my average score :)

ah forget it ill start now

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2