28 replies to this topic

#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:58 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:42 PM

bleh.... 60 mins waiting in line :angel:

hope i get it to run this time... would sure like to play it

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#3 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

Argh. :angel: Another game I can't play. My voodoo2 isn't good enough for this game ;) , but I played this game at a friends house and I can say it's very good. It's worth the time spent on downloading :apple:
IPB Image

#4 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

I thought it was crap myself. Fine, you can command a carrier. But other than this, the game offers nothing new or particuarly good. If you don't have a joystick then it's not that fun. Not to mention having to learn all of the commands... eugh...

#5 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:39 PM

Abi79, on Oct 12 2005, 12:08 PM, said:

Argh. :angel: Another game I can't play. My voodoo2 isn't good enough for this game ;) , but I played this game at a friends house and I can say it's very good. It's worth the time spent on downloading :apple:
Voodoo 2?! That was my first 3D-card!

Not to mention having to learn all of the commands... eugh...
This is common in a lot of space-sims.

#6 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

Actually, BCM adds everything. Well, not everything, but a lot. You don't get around to most of it :angel:
Especially in the beginning. You'll be blowing yourself up quite a few times before you get even a slight hang of the game.
I love it ;)

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#7 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

Common in a lot of space sims my arse. Did you never play Starlancer, Freelancer or Freespace 2?

#8 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

Wow, this game looks friggin awesome, cant wait to get it downloaded.

Prej, Freelancer and Starlancer were good games, but actually commanding your own battleship was not possible (just piloting on mods), id say this game looks absolutely amazing, I just hope it runs on my crappy PC  :angel:

Im even more suprised though that this is a freeware, from the comments on gameplay and screenshots this might be one game id actually be willing to pay for, and it looks far more appealing until we get another addition to the lancer series, mabye this game may benchmark it.

#9 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

PrejudiceSucks, on Oct 14 2005, 04:25 PM, said:

Common in a lot of space sims my arse. Did you never play Starlancer, Freelancer or Freespace 2?
I have, but some people found these games to be too simplified. Anyway, I heard X2 was pretty darn difficult to control, and that X3 won't be much different. Fact of the matter is most real space sims aren't too easy to control.

#10 TheEvilOfMen

TheEvilOfMen

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:46 PM

I played the original Battlecruiser 3000 and I loved it! Any improvement they made on the game is already good. My only wish was to walk around the inside of the ship in the first one I played, not just see where intruders were in a dimpy text screen.

#11 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:32 PM

Not very good on my computer, got laughable specs on my comp. Sounds good but would be better with a nicer interface.

#12 BlackMageJawa

BlackMageJawa

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:32 PM

Complete erase and edit: Nevermind, it hadn't actually frozen, it was just going extremely slowly, not updating the window, and showing up as 'not responding' if I clicked on it.

I'll replace this whole post with something constructive about the actual game once I've played it.

#13 JimmyJ

JimmyJ

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:56 PM

When i play in instant action, and later, in the other modes, the game leaves to the desktop like an alttab, so i click on the game now that it is shown at the bottom, and it opens back yp, then it crashes...help?

#14 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:54 AM

rather than one good game, this is like 20 really crappy games put together . It a game that takes 5 hours to learn and 10 minutes to decide you never want to play it again
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#15 MasterGrazzt

MasterGrazzt

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:07 PM

Wow, isn't this a Derek Smart game? And you gave it a 4.7? I am laughing. Something Awful should be informed of this turn of events.
user posted image

Reply to this topic