10 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:53 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

While the level provided with the game is actually quite short, the beauty of Stories is that you can literally make your own story. Perhaps we could have a Reloaded story sometime...? :P

#3 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

Within a deep forest=Ownage
Knytt=Ownage
Knytt Stories=Ownage.

Amirite?

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:54 PM

View Postgreywolf, on Sep 1 2007, 11:40 AM, said:

While the level provided with the game is actually quite short, the beauty of Stories is that you can literally make your own story. Perhaps we could have a Reloaded story sometime...? :P

Yeah its somewhat short, could be finished within an afternoon or evening, I was really engrossed though with the amount to do, especially if you play on the harder mode, the good thing though is that there is an expansion pack with 3 more maps available, if you finish this one quickly enough. :P

@Potatoe- Definitely right. ;)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

Why hasn't Juni posted in this thread yet? :P

Edit: The atmosphere in these games is always amazing.

#6 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:35 PM

@Deathdude: So I played it again on Normal difficulty and it's a lot longer, like you said. :P I haven't finished it yet, but I found 2 secret areas. Spoiler:

I found 1 key (I think it was yellow) in the snow place, and another from the jungle place that leads up to a japanese-themed plateau of sorts, where you get a blue key (at least, I think it was blue). Mysteriously, my blue one dissapeared - do the key-locked doors dissapear as soon as you get a key? It's also really handy that you glow green when you get close to a secret entrance after getting the enemy detector.
In any case, this game rocks. I tried out one of the expansion pack games, the puzzle one that is a spiritual sucessor of sorts to Within a Deep Forest, and that was top-notch as well.

#7 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:25 PM

View PostPotatoe, on Sep 1 2007, 11:14 PM, said:

Why hasn't Juni posted in this thread yet? :P

Edit: The atmosphere in these games is always amazing.
Why should I had posted here?
...70 years... LOL

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:33 AM

View Postgreywolf, on Sep 1 2007, 04:35 PM, said:

@Deathdude: So I played it again on Normal difficulty and it's a lot longer, like you said. :P I haven't finished it yet, but I found 2 secret areas. Spoiler:

I found 1 key (I think it was yellow) in the snow place, and another from the jungle place that leads up to a japanese-themed plateau of sorts, where you get a blue key (at least, I think it was blue). Mysteriously, my blue one dissapeared - do the key-locked doors dissapear as soon as you get a key? It's also really handy that you glow green when you get close to a secret entrance after getting the enemy detector.
In any case, this game rocks. I tried out one of the expansion pack games, the puzzle one that is a spiritual sucessor of sorts to Within a Deep Forest, and that was top-notch as well.

Yeah I believe in regards to the keys, those doors do disappear, when you get them, their are combinations of which you can find, four in all, but you can collect a combination of two that will lead you further.

The expansion packs are really nice too, great work all around by Nifflas, can't wait to see what the community will start to make, cause it shall be interesting.

#9 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

I say we make a episodic type Knytt stories story. Like for example if I start, I tell the beginning story and have like half hour of game play and then end it in a cliffhanger and then the next user takes over, makes his own level(starting with the cliffhanger) and then he has like half hour of game play and ends his story at a cliffhanger. Then we keep doing that until the story gets dry and we put all the levels in one pack and publish it. Sound good? I'm gonna post this in the community games and such forum.

@Juni, because the main character in this game is Juni.

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

Ah! Well, at least something good in this game! :P
...70 years... LOL

#11 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:48 AM

http://www.reloaded....?showtopic=3968

There's my idea, if anyone is interested.

Reply to this topic