7 replies to this topic

#1 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:11 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

#2 krischn

krischn

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:43 PM

been playing this game on the amiga. think it's effing great. any comments?

#3 hitmark

hitmark

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

while i loved the old game, i cant get my head around the remake. for one thing the controls in the old game was way simpler (no rotating the aircraft at all), and therefor there was less crashes...

maybe i have missed a setting or something?

still, its a nice bit of codework :)

edit:

hmm, i did a bit of more testing and i may have been a bit to negative about the new control metod. for one thing it allows you to do loops when gunning down the soldiers.

but i noticed that its leaking oil damned fast compared to the old game. you more or less have to head for home soon after you start seeing smoke or you risk running out of oil over the island. in the old game you could stay up for hours after the engine started smoking. or maybe its just the AAA doing more damage in the remake? i dont realy know, but seeing the oil pressure drop like a rock soon after getting in over the island is a but scary.

allso, stay of the e button after takeoff! yep, you can turn of the engine in mid flight. this results in the nose doing down at ones (just as if the oil hits 0). not realy realistic as you should instead have a slow drop in speed, but hey :P

maybe it would not be so bad if one was able to go much higher? i recall being able to climb so high that the AAA stopped shooting. not so in the remake.

i guess i see why he wanted to do a remake.

hmm, now that i think about it i can see a way of doing multiplayer, and allso alternate scenarios. given that you can extend the landinggear at any time in the game, maybe you can be able to land anywhere? like say on a island maybe?

this way one can make scenarios for MP that cover stuff like doing aircover for island invasions. one team on the island, another on the task force sending in the marines. one side wins by crushing the island forces. the other wins by running the task force out of soldiers :lol:

think about it, seeing 5-6 aircrafts pr side. strafing landincrafts and beach pillboxes. torpedoing task force ships and so on. hmm, maybe we can even have diffrent aircrafts pr side, so that some can fly dauntless bombers, coverd by hellcats and corsairs?

man, its a bit like a wet dream :P

hmm, i wonder if he would try to use the engine to make a remake of the jetstrike game allso. its a sidescroller to, but with missiles and jets :angel:

#4 Mr Miau

Mr Miau

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:51 PM

Somehow I can't manage to land, my plane always crashes... Any hints? So far I flew slowly very closely to the ship and then turned my engine off...And BANG!  :ok:

EDIT: Finally made it... :D

#5 AmazingJas

AmazingJas

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:15 AM

Mr Miau, on Feb 19 2006, 04:51 PM, said:

Somehow I can't manage to land, my plane always crashes... Any hints? So far I flew slowly very closely to the ship and then turned my engine off...And BANG!  :ok:

EDIT: Finally made it... :D
To land (remake version): gear down, and make sure you are coming in just slightly above the deck height. You lower the altitude by pressing the 'up' key...sounds strange but it's true. Just hold the 'up' key as soon as you are over the deck, and it will quickly land (providing you land fairly close to the end of the deck...oh, and you MUST approach from the right hand side).

And Hitmark, agree with you pretty much...didn't play the original properly, but I quite appreciate the new control method. It's kinda rewarding once you've mastered it :D

As for multiplayer, I'd be happy with the Bungeling Bay approach, where one player controls the cannons...and maybe he/she could control one of the soldiers running around as well?

Cheers :ok:

#6 Guest_Indecent_*

Guest_Indecent_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:30 AM

I can't download this game anymore since the website went 404, in German.

Could someone provide alt. link please?

#7 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

Apologies for that, Indecent.  

You should be able to download it now, by clicking on the Download button.   :blink:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#8 Guest_msl_*

Guest_msl_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

WELL i AM NEW TO THIS, SO HOW DO i TAKE OFF

Reply to this topic