- How do I keep track of quests?
- What does danger level mean? For instance, level 30? Does that mean that I have to be at least lvl 30 to survive it?
- How do I know what scrolls and staffs and such do?
- Is there a way to get static dungeons? I'm not that fond of that randomizing every time I use a stair.
- What's required to be able to haggle?
Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:47 AM
Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:14 AM
- * Ctrl-Q
* The equivalent dungeon level of the quest, or at least what the quest creator reckons it is - you should be able to go several levles deeper into the dungeon than that to do it.
* Identify them - to get your first few flavours worked out, just flog them in a store (losing some money but you don't have a lot of choice) then start visiting guilds that will ID all your stuff.
* Doubt you can do this in Angband variants.
* No idea - in Angband it's set in the options but it may be a character thing in ToME
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.
I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.
Posted 21 August 2005 - 12:15 PM
Posted 21 August 2005 - 12:23 PM
you can also set the haggle option to on... ebnter the options by using "=" (you really should use my pref file)
and if your not killing bats and snakes your forgeting to use the tactics setting... believe me they are EASY
Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:05 PM
Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:12 PM
Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:21 PM
Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:26 PM
Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:10 AM
There's a princess trapped behind a glass wall. I want to release (or kill) her. How do I get through the glass wall? Also sometimes I get attacked by something I can't see. It just says "it hit you", "you missed it". Is that just an invisible enemy?
Nevermind. I realized I just hadn't killed enough invisible things... Is recall the fastest way to return to town? Backtracking is a pain when dungeons are randomized all the time ...
Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:08 PM
yeah same here. the blocks scared me off too.
yes they are invisible and you release the princess by killing all of the monsters that she says are getting on her nerves... ctrl - q will tell what they are and how many are left.
yeah recall is the fastest way... and when in the town you use it again then ittl take you back to the same dungeon level
Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:14 PM