9 replies to this topic

#1 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:45 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download link

The team seem to be working on adding network play for the two-player mode, which would be nice!

If anyone has any questions they'd like to see us ask the game makers in an interview, please post them in this thread. Cheers!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#2 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:52 PM

If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask the people involved in the making of the game, we're hoping to conduct an interview soon, so let us know and we'll pass them on (the good ones, anyway :))
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:04 PM

Guillaume had this to say about the issue of lives in the game, if anyone's interested:

I really don't like the "you have 3
lives" concept, which is I believe old and outdated, and not
used anymore in modern console games for example (you save the
game at special places, or sometimes the game even saves
automatically); for FB, it would really make no sense to force
players to re-do the 20+ first levels each time they lose 3
times.

[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

Off the top of my head:

1) Do you think of this game as a puzzle game rather than an arcade game (like its predecessor Puzzle Bobble)?

2) The game still has a slightly experimental feel to it. Is it the final version or will there be further additions?

3) Supposing there will in fact be a later version, might it be possible to add a feature which allows you to have only a limited number of lives?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#5 skd

skd

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:40 PM

Hey, this is my favourite game on linux os... I didn't know, that there is a windows veriosn. This is great. thx! :)

#6 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:54 PM

Ok, can someone please help me to install(& download) this game. SO, what file(s) do I download? Anyone? please?

#7 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

Depends on your operating system - just click on the Review and Download link in the first post in this thread, then on the Download button on the bottom right, then you'll get a list of various files. The top ones are the source code if you want to compile it yourself, but further down are pre-compiled versions for various Linux OS's and then ports to various other systems - click on the one that corresponds to your OS and away you go. Exactly how to install it will depend on your system - the Windows ports are probably straightforward executables.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#8 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:20 PM

Cheers mate, got it.

#9 Guest_Frozen Bubble for Windows_*

Guest_Frozen Bubble for Windows_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

View PostPotatoe, on 24 Nov 2005, 06:20 PM, said:

Cheers mate, got it.
Whoops, sorry about the the double-layered pastrami spam sandwich, Abandonia staff. I thought the Security Code was supposed to be passed first before input entry.  :P

Anyways, I have found out about the Windows version of Frozen Bubble (Bust-A-Move remake).

I typed "frozen bubble download for windows", in the yahoo search engine, and found the site, "http://fb-win32.sourceforge.net/"

It has instructions for installing the game, which requires some perl components.

I don't know about compiling Linux/Unix materials to the Windows OS, so I will just leave it at that

Thanks for allowing guest comment! :P

#10 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

No problem, Guest Frozen Bubble.  I deleted your double post.  You don't need a security code to post here.   :P

Thanks for the info about Windows version.   :P

If you join up as a member, you can gain access to even more of the forums.   ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

Back to Games on Reloaded

Reply to this topic