9 replies to this topic

#1 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 11:15 PM

when I use games made in RPGM2k I usulay get the following awful font you can see in the screenshot. I used to think this a bad atempt by the authors to create individual style. however I have recently looked at other people's screenshots ans saw that they had normal fonts (FF4-6 syle fonts to be exact).
does anyone else have this problem/soultion?

P.S. yay, there's finaly a reason to have a whole forum just for RPGM2k! :ok:
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:57 AM

Yeah that's strange don't get that with my fonts.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:33 PM

I get a weird font in Endless Nova, but I've not experienced T's that looks like L's. In my cases, the font tend to stick very close to eachother.

I, too, thought that it was an attempt to be unique, but as it was readable, I didn't really care that much.

Yo!

#4 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

does anyone know where the fonts are kept in these games? or possibly where they are set (it's highly proable that they use windows native fonts istead of intaling their own to every game). or at the very least have a theory as to which one it is (as a last resort I could just rename a diffrent fornt to be this one).

UPDATE: I've found the soultion.for some bizre reson I've forgot to install RPGM itself (but the game works! :ok: ). it has inside it the needed fonts. what I was using before is still unknown, but now it matches the screens in DeathDudes review.
thanx to everyone who tried to help.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:46 PM

Well good to hear that ya got the problem solved. :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 Amadeus

Amadeus

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:46 PM

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.I am having the same problem.But this is strange...

I got FF Endless Nova, the RTP file and RPG2000 maker

Installed RPG, run the game, everything works fine.

That was yesterday...

Today, I was going to continue my quest and I realized the fonts were crazy ! (they look exacly how a1s posted)

Strange, cause yesterday the fonts were just fine.

I tried everything, tried reinstalling RPG maker, tried even reinstalling the game... but then I realized all games running by RPP maker has the same problem...

How do I fix it ??? It was working fine yesterday !!!  :D

Any ideas ?

#7 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

I can. for some reason just reinstalling RTP doesn't do the trick (it will just check that the fonts exist and not reregister them), you have to uninstall first and then install anew. :)
I kid you not.

EDIT (after comparing dates):
P.S. hope I wasn't too late (I have a very buisy scedule and rarely turn up these days) :D

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#8 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:23 AM

Update (I thought I said this before, but apparently I didn't): there is a patch for the broken fonts.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)

#9 nori11

nori11

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Hi guyus!
I've recently downloaded RPG Maker 2000, but I've noticed the fonts haven't been appearing.

#10 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 5948 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

View Postnori11, on 07 March 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

Hi guyus!
I've recently downloaded RPG Maker 2000, but I've noticed the fonts haven't been appearing.

Sorry for the late reply. Look for the Rm2k Font Patch on that page. :smile:
Posted Image