14 replies to this topic

#1 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

I was searching the web for some free gamemaker programs like RPG maker. Are there any other like that which don't require scripting? At the time I work with Adventure Maker and it really hooked me.  I also checked FPS creator, but it costs a lot, altough it gives 30 days trial.
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Forum Wizard
  • 9412 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

Have you tried:

Wintermute Engine - http://www.dead-code.org/index2.php/en
Indiana Jave - http://www.geocities.../8436/indyjava/
Adventure Game Studio - http://www.bigbluecup.com/ac.shtml
SCI Studio - http://www.bripro.co...tudio/index.php
AGI Studio - http://www.agidev.com/download/

:bleh:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -       Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image

Or click here to view them all.

#3 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:36 PM

Wow, that is a nice collection. I will try all of them, thanks!

Maybe AR could host them as well.

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

Indeed in the future we may see some of them up. :bleh:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:23 PM

Wintermute needs coding doesn't it?
Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#6 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:37 AM

Don't forget Game Maker.

Edit:

Regarding BP's comment about scripting - pretty much any engine you use will require scripting on some level to produce exceptional results (they tend to provide their own scripting languages that are mostly "dumbed down" for ease of use, and don't require knowledge of a more robust language) However, you should be able to create a standard game with most of the above listed engines without delving into scripting at all.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#7 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:41 AM

There are actually several engines that require absolutly no coding or scripting, and use condition triggers instead, they're much easier to use, and unless you're extremely creative with them, they tend to produce limited results (although experienced people can create things thought only to be done with coding).

#8 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Forum Wizard
  • 9412 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:13 AM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Aug 22 2006, 04:41 AM, said:

There are actually several engines that require absolutly no coding or scripting, and use condition triggers instead, they're much easier to use, and unless you're extremely creative with them, they tend to produce limited results (although experienced people can create things thought only to be done with coding).

What are these engines?  Can you give some links please?

Please click on my dragons to help them grow -       Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image    Posted Image

Or click here to view them all.

#9 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:08 PM

At the moment I am working with Adventure Maker , it is free but full edition has some nice stuff which trial doesn't have.

I like it so much that I am considering buying it.

Oh yeah, it has option of making a Portable console game, so you can make your game's version for PSP or DS.

#10 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

View PostFrodo, on Aug 22 2006, 11:13 AM, said:

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Aug 22 2006, 04:41 AM, said:

What are these engines?  Can you give some links please?

You could actually go check out the entire Clickteam range of products, great for begginners, and once you get used to the engine, you can do quite some amazing things, it's one of the major engines I use to make a lot of my games.

If you want to see the simpler products, go check out their retired ones, they're old, but they're still supported, and they're easier to use.

http://www.clickteam...g/prodindex.php

I can give you a few more examples if you want.
What I like about the Clickteam stuff is that you aren't restricted to single genres like most "non-scripting" engines, (since it's difficult to make a engine without scripting that can adhere to multiple genres) and instead it's only limited by what you can think up.

And Sinke, if you think FPS Creator "costs a lot" you better change your thinking quickly, because the best engines out there range from $100-$3000, I bought 3D Gamestudio Pro for $600 combined (I had to save up for a long time, and get a pretty job).

#11 WolverineDK

WolverineDK

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:47 AM

oh well there is also Klik and Play which can be gotten :shrug: here

If the link is forbidden, then edit my post, and delete the link. But don't delete the name of the very old program.

Edited by WolverineDK, 09 October 2010 - 11:41 PM.

#12 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

It's not direct download, so no problem there. However, linking to the main site and guiding from there on might had been better. Still, I leave it unedited.
...70 years... LOL

#13 ithilienranger

ithilienranger

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

I used FPS game maker and it stinks. It is very barebones, looks horrible, and you are extremely limited in what you can do even with scripting.

There is also Platinum Arts Sandbox, but it runs very poorly performance-wise. You need a lot beefier system than you should for what you are getting.

#14 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 5953 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:27 AM

I agree.. didn't like FPS maker, or sandbox when I tried them. :/
Posted Image

#15 the_fifth_horseman

the_fifth_horseman

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

View PostWolverineDK, on 8 Jul 2007, 10:47 AM, said:

oh well there is also Klik and Play which can be gotten :ok: here

If the link is forbidden, then edit my post, and delete the link. But don't delete the name of the very old program.
I actually bought a copy of Click And Play years ago... still have the (extremely unhelpful) manual. :)

Reply to this topic