What Kind Of Games Does Reloaded.org Accept?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:41 PM

So if someone by any chance(me) makes a game. Like some kind of roguelike or adventure game. If it's decent, and I have my own download place/server. Could it be reviewed and added to abandonia reloaded?

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

I don't see a reason why not.

Do you have a link?   :bleh:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:56 PM

If it's freeware and complete - yeah, we would add it :bleh:

Yo!

#4 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:06 PM

Pretty much any freeware game which is past beta stage (or complete enough/no longer being worked on - the Windows version of ADoM, for instance, was never actually completed, hence the occasional bugs in it), doesn't have too much objectionable content and someone wants to review and get screenshots for is fair game. Personally I like to see things our community members are working on - I find the development process very interesting (and it makes it easy for us to sort out interviews - heh :bleh:)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#5 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:44 AM

View PostFrodo, on Aug 18 2006, 07:46 PM, said:

I don't see a reason why not.

Do you have a link?   :bleh:
No. But I was just wondering. I'm just starting with C++. It'll be another week or two until I can script a simple game(tetris for instance). But I think MdaG's game should be added when it's finished. Looks really cool.

#6 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:31 AM

Well as long as it is a complete game (ie. it is possible to complete the game from start to finish), then we can add it.   :bleh:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#7 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:49 AM

Right now I only know how to write simple code. I might upload a Zip file somewhere to show what I have.. My simple math calculations:

#include<iostream>
#include<string>
using namespace std;

int main(){
int a, b ,c;
string mystring = "Wrong :P";
string mystring2= "True :bleh:";

a=5;
b=2;
a=b++;  //adds 1 to b after a=b.
c = b - a

c >= a+b ? mystring2 : mystring;
cout<< c << endl;
return 0
}

Something like that. I have no idea if that will work

#8 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

coding tetris isnt that easy. dont get your hopes up of being able to code it that fast (of course for all i know your a coding genuis and can do it :bleh:) im just saying i know people that have been coding for years and still cant do a good job at game programming

id personnaly just forget writing semi-complex games (like tetris) for now and concentrate on fun little programms... im writing a *male genital* classification and diss-the-user program for example.. sounds really stupid but im learning how to do what i want right now and its not so typical which makes it more fun even if it is really juvinile

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#9 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

View PostDakaSha, on Aug 19 2006, 05:22 PM, said:

... im writing a *male genital* classification and diss-the-user program for example..
You're writing a what?:bleh:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#10 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:54 PM

coding tetris isnt that easy. dont get your hopes up of being able to code it that fast (of course for all i know your a coding genuis and can do it :bleh:) im just saying i know people that have been coding for years and still cant do a good job at game programming

id personnaly just forget writing semi-complex games (like tetris) for now and concentrate on fun little programms... im writing a *male genital* classification and diss-the-user program for example.. sounds really stupid but im learning how to do what i want right now and its not so typical which makes it more fun even if it is really juvinile
I have a source of tetris. It's the simplest game to make in C++. I might do a platform game or a Arkanoid clone. Or.. A TEXT ADVENTURE! They rule.

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:06 PM

Once you've actually finished writing a game, you can post it in the projects in the making section and then we'll see, OK?:bleh:

#12 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Aug 19 2006, 07:52 PM, said:

... im writing a *male genital* classification and diss-the-user program for example..
You're writing a what?:bleh:

a *male genital* classification and diss-the-user program

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#13 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:21 PM

I was only wondering what that may have meant pre-censorship, since it didn't make any sense to me. Still doesn't, in fact.:bleh:

#14 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

well you just put in the size of your *male genital*... then your told how much different it is from the average and your put into a class. if you dont fall under the "acceptable" class or higher you get to choose how to commit suicide.

think i can sell it?

edit: or better yet: put it on the site?  :bleh:

Posted Image

#15 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:20 AM

Not while I'm around...:P

So get thee working on thy roguelike, then.:bleh:

Reply to this topic